• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam TIS site opens

bloke

Just a flash intro, looks good.
http://ps3-gundam.net/

screenies from famitsu.com

h-668_57926_01.jpg.jpg

h-668_57926_02.jpg.jpg

h-668_57926_03.jpg.jpg

h-668_57926_04.jpg.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/interview/article/2006/08/01/668,1154422381,57926,0,0.html

Amir0x

Banned
it says next update is September 15th

flash also showed a foggy forest, a location i never seen before

The character models looks sweet. They look like that and they are destructible, come on Sony Liverpool don't let me down with the Formula one cars!

Zaptruder

Banned
Damn teaser. there's hardly enough footage of any single moment...

There's horrible compression on the trailer... but some scenes definetly managed to recapture the feel and look of the original target render.

The last shot, looks kinda like bad textures as its panning, but then it stops and the textures become much sharper...

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Damn teaser. there's hardly enough footage of any single moment...

There's horrible compression on the trailer... but some scenes definetly managed to recapture the feel and look of the original target render.

The last shot, looks kinda like bad textures as its panning, but then it stops and the textures become much sharper...

We need to do something about those damn NDA ninjas, they're becoming a pain in the side for those who want to get information on PS3 games (the ones that matter, not multiplatform turds no one cares about).
angry.gif

Whatever the gameplay is, the graphics looks hot.
angry.gif

ThirdEye

Didn't they show MGS4 media for the first time in Famitsu a week before TGS in the last year? Expect 9.15-ton.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Zaptruder said:
There's horrible compression on the trailer...
The compression artifacts didn't seem to be that bad to me...video actually looked pretty clean.

Gravion

sigh.. why are all the new Gundam games called "Gundam" when 99% of the mechs on there are standard Mobile Suits.. I demand the Gundam Deathscythe!! The God Of Death Shalt Pwn Thy All!

duckroll

Gravion said:
sigh.. why are all the new Gundam games called "Gundam" when 99% of the mechs on there are standard Mobile Suits.. I demand the Gundam Deathscythe!! The God Of Death Shalt Pwn Thy All!

Matix

Everytime I notice this topic title, it reads out like *Gundam TITS* (would make an awesome concept project).

Mandoric

Banned
Gravion said:

If we're going to talk "things that shouldn't be called Gundam", I'm pretty sure that's the pot calling the kettle black.

MrDaravon

Gravion said:

Why did I know this was going to be a junior?

Oda

Holy shit, I actually think that looks pretty damn good. That first screen especially is awesome.

EDIT: Those two are awesome as well! Holy shit x2!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The Diminishing Returns Generation is going to be so awesome ;)

DOF in this game too. Now if we can get motion blur.
Meh, I'd rather they leave both out. The DOF is tolerable here because it's the first time I've the effect applied in such an understated fashion.

I know by accounts this game is slow as molasses and just as excited to watch...but damn this very awesome looking.

How the f*ck does the Bandai half pull this off and yet Namco's side of the company can't seem to have a freakin' clue on handling next generation visuals?! Has the world gone mad?!!

mr_nothin

Banned
This game proves that Geometry >>>>> Normal mapping..
USE IT SUBYLEY DEVS!

EDIT:
OH..remember when doombringer said that smaller pictures make the game look better?:lol
That's totally not the case here, complete opposite.

Nice little Improvement...... see:
h-668_57926_02.jpg.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-20060804022440325.jpg

mckmas8808

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
How the f*ck does the Bandai half pull this off and yet Namco's side of the company can't seem to have a freakin' clue on handling next generation visuals?! Has the world gone mad?!!

That's what I want to know. Everything is backwards.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just because I want DC to get his money =P

mobile-suit-gundam-20060804022437825.jpg

a.jpg

The models are nice though, better than that Gundam poop coming to the 360.

EekTheKat

The urban shots look awesome. Actually I'm a lot more interested in this game now than before when it was only in teaser form :lol these shots actually look very good.

Looks really good. I especially like in that one pic it shows the robot standing on slanted ground, and it's feet are slanting so they stay flat.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It looks very good. They've done quite well in terms of their goal of achieving a CG-ish look.

They need to show more town/city, less barren deserts, though. And the building destruction.

Graphics aside, though, the gameplay looked awfully slow and boring at E3, but then I'm not a Gundam fan, so maybe I don't get it.

No word on online yet? If I could throw a grappling hook at a friend online and drag them through buildings ala the TGS trailer, I might be in :p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Confidence Man said:
Looks really good. I especially like in that one pic it shows the robot standing on slanted ground, and it's feet are slanting so they stay flat.
good eye, didnt notice that before.

gofreak said:
Graphics aside, though, the gameplay looked awfully slow and boring at E3, but then I'm not a Gundam fan, so maybe I don't get it.
To be fair, This was during e3 when the game was 10% complete, the game is now 60%. And the IGN interview sounds like they have tweaked the gameplay a bit, and will continue to.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Funky Papa said:
Just because I want DC to get his money =P

mobile-suit-gundam-20060804022437825.jpg

a.jpg

The models are nice though, better than that Gundam poop coming to the 360.
The models almost look the same, actually. The main difference seems to be in the textures and (especially) lighting.

I'd say those originals shots COULD be matched, actually. They are very close already and some artistic changes could bring it right there.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
dark10x said:
The models almost look the same, actually. The main difference seems to be in the textures and (especially) lighting.
Look at the "oh, I forgot to polygonize" tubes that Shoggy made infamous =P

The enviromental detail is on a totally different scale, BTW. I am surprised by Bandai's decission of putting all the resources on the models and forgetting about the rest (assuming everything is like we've seen so far)

Top Bottom