• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy who leaked FF Origins: “Kojima will sign a contract with Microsoft to publish his episodic horror project”

reksveks

So that whole "PLAYSTATION Studios" logo at the beginning of the Death Stranding Director's Cut trailer/teaser is meaningless?

Cause what I got from that is that KojiPro is (or will be) part of the PS family.
Playstation Studios comes before games published by Sony PlayStation not developed by PlayStation owned studios, all of the console manufacturers are using similar terms to represent published games.

Urban

Well Kojima said that he was going to change the format how he develop games, so that episodic content might be it.

reksveks

The only time "power of the cloud" is accurate is if something is being rendered or calculated online due to the task being too intense for the local hardware it's being visualised on.
Think there is a greyness in the definition of 'power of the cloud' but not a particular hill that I will die on. I can definitely see your definition being the one used by most gamers.

jaysius

Banned
The Blue Box ARG aka jumping at shadows, is already an episodic horror for many of the people "playing" it aka pulling at threads.

Fushitsusha

Banned
First few info yes, but my title was changed I don't know why.
That's the thing. He was not the one who leaked ff origins despite trying to make it seem so, so he can pretend to know more than he actually does. now he is just repeating jeff grubb who is also wrong a lot times. pointless.

this thread was moved and then renamed. mods were a little quick checking his pinned tweet on the top.

Last edited:

driqe

So that whole "PLAYSTATION Studios" logo at the beginning of the Death Stranding Director's Cut trailer/teaser is meaningless?

Cause what I got from that is that KojiPro is (or will be) part of the PS family.
PS Studios logo is at the beginning of every Sony published game

Ge Os

Playstation Studios comes before games published by Sony PlayStation not developed by PlayStation owned studios, all of the console manufacturers are using similar terms to represent published games.

PS Studios logo is at the beginning of every Sony published game

I see, thanks!
Let's see how this turns out. I would love more Kojima on PS5, can't wait for more news on that Director's Cut.

and Abandoned

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's the thing. He was not the one who leaked ff origins despite trying to make it seem so, so he can pretend to know more than he actually does. now he is just repeating jeff grubb who is also wrong a lot times.
You misunderstood me, at first my title was "SoulsHunt about Abandoned & Kojima Prod." That's it, I was not implying he was the author of the leak about FF Origin but someone changed the title and I don't know why.
Now about that FF Origin leak, he never said he was the original leaker If I remember correctly, website that reported the rumor after that on the other hand...

Fushitsusha

Banned
You misunderstood me, at first my title was "SoulsHunt about Abandoned & Kojima Prod." That's it, I was not implying he was the author of the leak about FF Origin but someone changed the title and I don't know why.
Now about that FF Origin leak, he never said he was the original leaker If I remember correctly, website that reported the rumor after that on the other hand...
Exactly. Did he ever have any insider information? I'm not aware of any. Why should we believe him? Many didn't even believe Grubb when he said this.

Basically, this SoulsHunt just keeps repeating others. He doesn't seem to have new information, but I could be wrong.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Exactly. Did he ever have any insider information? I'm not aware of any. Why should we believe him? Many didn't even believe Grubb when he said this.

Basically, this SoulsHunt just keeps repeating others. He doesn't seem to have new information, but I could be wrong.
I think he added a few details about FF Origin, but he is new so we don't know yet if he can be reliable. Imo it's too soon to say he know nothing, same way as it's too soon to say he is reliable.
Wait and see.

nowhat

No, it just seems to mean "published by/rights owned by SIE". You'll see the same logo when you fire up Returnal for example.

Episodic fits a subscription model, you need single player content to be set up in a way to keep people signed up month to month. I am not a fan of that and it's one of the things I worry about with GP going forward, then again Kojima is one of the most overrated people in the industry at this point and I wouldn't give him a dime to make a game for me lol.

Not surprised. Once Google went down and out, Kojima's only real option would be Microsoft since Sony passed on his next project.
Amazon was the other option with Amazon Luna. MS continues to claim Amazon and Google are the it's true competitors on the path to reaching 3 bil players. Sony nor Nintendo stand a chance on that goal but Amazon certainly can get there.

reksveks

Amazon was the other option with Amazon Luna. MS continues to claim Amazon and Google are the it's true competitors on the path to reaching 3 bil players. Sony nor Nintendo stand a chance on that goal but Amazon certainly can get there.
Trying to remember if a hardware console for luna was rumoured or something I dreamt up. I know the Google one was rumoured

Spidey Fan

Banned
Doubt

Kojima > your favourite dev
Sorry, I doubt koji can beat Tod. That guy can steal your money, and you won't even be able to do anything to him
Ninja Stealing GIF

• LOL
Reactions: MrS

dukeoflegs

I wonder if we are thinking of episodic in the wrong way? Maybe it is more along the lines of mobile games where new content is released regularly or even large chunks of game delivered like in MMO's? It does seem like Kojima wants a game where lots of users are playing at the same time so delivering updates or new content regularly fits more with a large multiplayer game.

Kokoloko85

Ill have to pick this up on the PC eventually as I love Kojima games. Episodic or not. Normally episodic games arent for me but I did enjoy some of the Telltale games and Life is Strange.

Fingers crossed its not exclusive, as the guy who leaked FF origins said it was PS5 exclusive and that was incorrect

Kokoloko85

Microsoft run Sony's cloud infrastructure, they specifically mentioned using Microsoft because of the scalability that they are able to provide them with.

I thought Sony recently changed it up and went with someone else? Tencent related? I vaguely remember reading something but not sure what it was lol

reksveks

I thought Sony recently changed it up and went with someone else? Tencent related? I vaguely remember reading something but not sure what it was lol
I think you are referring to ubitus, I think the story is that Sony has invested some money into them (not sure how big a chunk of the round raised). Tencent and square enix also invested into them at the same round.

LMJ

Normally I would think MS would have a much lower audience for anything Kojima related, but given as this would be a "live" game I could actually see this being a perfect fit for Gamepass...

And chill PS diehards, you will assuredly still et Kojima games...not like this is a 1st either...remember Twin Snakes ;)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This has been the thought for awhile now but maybe news to some?

I thought most people knew the rumor Kojima was turned down by Stadia and Sony and was all but certain doing something for Xbox

Javthusiast

Banned
TStudios can work on multiple games

I'm sure when Sony dismissed the Episodic project they had something bigger in mind.

King Ryan probably secured MGS, Silent Hill, DS2, or something even bigger for Kojima.

Microsoft is desperate, they'll take or fund anything to play catch up. Kojima wanted to experiment and Microsoft being desperate begged him.

Jim Ryan being a strategic mastermind has some standards

JIM RYAN BLESS
Check This Out GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The Sony refused it rumour which came from the same source that Sony was unhappy with Death Stranding?
So unhappy they allowed him to do a director's cut 🤔

Last edited:
Studios can work on multiple games

I'm sure when Sony dismissed the Episodic project they had something bigger in mind.

King Ryan probably secured MGS, Silent Hill, DS2, or something even bigger for Kojima.

Microsoft is desperate, they'll take or fund anything to play catch up. Kojima wanted to experiment and Microsoft being desperate begged him.

Jim Ryan being a strategic mastermind has some standards

JIM RYAN BLESS
I already love this novelty account.

ksdixon

ngl, as a PS owner, not a big loss if its true.

Episodic cloud base game, yikes.
Except for the fact of it makes Sony look like complete idiots, given how much they made a fuss over getting Kojima on PS4. I know it's a different team, and that's the entire point. This makes Sony look like they're slipping. Losing SuperMassive, Quantic Dream, Kojima to multiplatform releases instead of being exclusive. Closing studios, letting others come along and snap-up other developers associated with PS (Facebook buying Ready At Dawn). Even the most casual of onlookers can look upon the situation and think ''... what the fuck are these idiots doing? Get the PS4 management team back in.''

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
There wouldn't be any "meltdowns" per se, but Kojima would delve further into "hack" reputation, Death Stranding's failure would be played up, and the "last good game he made" would revert backwards in time, possibly all the way to the first Metal Gear Solid.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
At this point I don't give a fuck who he signs with. I just hope he gets to create another project. He's one of the weirdest and best game creators out there and I want to see what else he can do.

Top Bottom