• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades Becomes The Highest-Rated Game of All Time On PS5 and Xbox Series X

Top 5 Games On PS5 (Metacritic)

• Hades (93)
  • Demon’s Souls (92)
  • Borderlands 3 (91)
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 (90)
  • Manifold Garden (89)

Top 5 Games On Xbox Series X (Metacritic)

• Hades (93)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (92)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (91)
  • It Takes Two (89)
  • Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights (89)
Kinda crazy that an Indie Game became the highest rated game on both platform amazing really.

Javthusiast

Banned
Go Ahead Reaction GIF

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Absolutely well deserved.

I'm even playing through it a second time after finishing it on my Switch last year. What an amazing game.

j0hnnix

Am I the only one who thinks it's just an ok game? Overhyped as hell? >_<
I'm curious, what is everyone's opinion of what makes this game stand out so much? I'm still playing Ascent but debating playing Hades next. Is it some huge change of gameplay that has not been done before ? Incredible story ?

Markio128

It’s pretty decent, but I agree that it is over-hyped. I enjoy it in small bursts, but it is a bit of a button masher at times. The redeeming quality is the way the character interactions build over time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm curious, what is everyone's opinion of what makes this game stand out so much? I'm still playing Ascent but debating playing Hades next. Is it some huge change of gameplay that has not been done before ? Incredible story ?
One thing I feel like Hades absolutely nailed was it's ability to weave a narrative into a roguelike game. Almost every other roguelike game I've played falls REALLY flat in this area.

Instead of dying and being like "shoot, now I have to start over again from the beginning, but maybe next time I'll do better...", Hades gives you a strong "I died but it's almost like the game expected me to and that's just pushing the story along further" along with "this time when I go back to base, maybe I'll run into a new side character or there will be some interesting plot development" that personally just hooks me to my core. This is all brought together beautify by an amazing cast of voice actors and singing talent.

It also helps that the gameplay itself has incredibly tight and precise controls, along with a good variety of weapons and an almost infinite combination or powerups that all build off of each other in a grand way.

Last edited:

Helghan

Amazing art style, love the sound and voice acting, and the gameplay is fun. I've played for 4 hours now but besides those strong points the game is also getting a bit boring. Having to go through those same levels the whole time

balt1kr1s

Am I the only one who thinks it's just an ok game? Overhyped as hell? >_<
Actually I have similar opinion. I mean maybe not overhyped, because I can understand it’s appeal but I was quite disappointed?

Great overall presentation, music and superb voice acting but story was not engaging for me at all, After my cleared 5th escape I could not force myself anymore.
Gameplay wise is quite… basic and lack of variety reveals itself quite fast and yes, I have tried heats with amended boss fights.

Really good game which I enjoyed, but IMO definitely not the best rogue lite ever.(played fuckload of them)

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I saw a trailer for ender Lillie's a while back and forgot about it, cool to see it's a well received game, maybe I should buy it and play it for myself (when I'm done with Hades, trying to get epilogue with no idea if I'm progressing towards it or not)

rofif

Banned
I personally don't see the appeal. But I also did not cared for bastion.
I prefer enter the gungeon or Isaac.
Is it like that?

JLB

Banned
IMO Its the best of its genre. Not my cup of tea, though I enjoy playing it a bit from time to time.

CitizenZ

Banned
WTF... Borderlands 3 (91)???

Borderlands 3 isn't a bad game, but it's not that good either.

Literally the first thing i saw and was like, WTF? With the millions of great games released thats a top 3 for PS, holy sht. AND then I saw TH 1-2, LMFAO.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Hades is the game i tell roguelike haters to play.

it is the friendliest roguelike game ever made.
nothing you do in this game get wasted imo.

if they don’t even like hades. Then i am sure they really dislike the genre.
Also..

Last edited:

Little Mac

Been freebasing this game ever since it hit gamepass less than a week ago and its easily in my top ten games ever played. Super Giant is an amazing developer and I can't wait for what they do next.

Top Bottom