• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades - PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay

anthony2690

Banned
I switched to Best Buy a while ago. I like giving my money to someone else besides Amazon. Best Buy actually pays other companies to deliver the mail too. And they're usually on time (but they're not completely 100% perfect either).

Walmart actually isn't bad either.
Have neither of them in the UK. (As far as I am aware)

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I dont know why but I hate the term roguelike, makes me not want to play these games. Anyone else have this aversion?
That said, this game looks amazing, looking foreward to trying it.

GymWolf

Still looks absolutely archaic compared to something like Returnal.
giphy.gif

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Minotaur and Theseus are really tough.

Who actually beat the Minotaur on the first try?

Ogbert

Still looks absolutely archaic compared to something like Returnal.
Returnal looks shit. Ratchet and Clank made it look like a PS3 game.

It also has garbage progression and no build variation. Terrible rogue like.

First class shooting mechanics. That’s it.

ManaByte

Gamepass version is the best version. 60fps on console with Quick Resume (TAKE THAT RETURNAL) AND you can also play it on PC and XCloud (with touch controls) and your progress syncs regardless of where you're playing it.

The progression in this game really is wonderful and fulfilling.

Yup. Don't normally like Roguelikes, but I'm loving this. Was playing more of it on PC last night.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Yup. Don't normally like Roguelikes, but I'm loving this. Was playing more of it on PC last night.

Just spent a few hours destroying my thumb dash attacking and getting past Meg.

What a fucking brilliant game, and what a fantastic addition to GamePass. One of its strongest entries.

Hades kinda looks at every other roguelike and goes: "this is how you're meant to do it".

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I didn't beat anyone first try lol. I'm sure some pro gamer did. Some people have beaten the game on the first run supposedly (after playing it for many hours and starting over of course).
By now i beat him with together Theseus. But can't beat them consistent. The game sure shakes up all the boss fights enough to keep you on your toes.

Struggling with the last boss now. I was so close in the last run.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Enjoying the game a lot, thank you Game Pass. Does story better than any other rogue-like I have played, and the combat is fun if a bit spammy.

Messed around a little bit with Hades on xCloud, but with my dodgy rural internet (I’m at my cabin on a small island) the experience wasn’t great. But I indeed saw the potential that has so many excited to see this come to Game Pass.

Tomorrow I’m on a ferry back to the city, but more importantly, back to my Series X and my LG CX and my speedy internet. I’ve got The Ascent and Death’s Door waiting for me to finish…..then there’s Flight Sim which I’ve barely scratched the surface of….and now of course, HADES. Then there is Psychonauts 2 right around the corner.

I know it’s said quite often these days, but never hurts to say it again….Game Pass is f*cking incredible.

edit: oops, just saw that this is a PS5 Hades topic. Apologies in advance for the Game Pass talk.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Enjoying the game a lot, thank you Game Pass. Does story better than any other rogue-like I have played, and the combat is fun if a bit spammy.

Yeah. Playing last night I realized it's pretty effective to just mash buttons for the most part.

Still enjoying my time but I don't see myself playing this as much as dead cell or binding of Isaac.

The devs clearly loved working on this game though. That shows in spades.

Plantoid

Almost killed Theseus now, I've got to him with almost all weapons, they all seem pretty viable with the right boons

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
So they are both good games?

:unsure:

Not trying to argue which one is better but I'm sure they are both worth buying.

Look at the user ratings from both games. I bet most of the user ratings on Returnal is to downplay the game, since it's a PS game.

Topher

Gold Member
Gamepass version is the best version. 60fps on console with Quick Resume (TAKE THAT RETURNAL) AND you can also play it on PC and XCloud (with touch controls) and your progress syncs regardless of where you're playing it.

PS5 is the best version because of haptic feedback.

EsLp-slXcAAdutn.jpg

Markio128

I may be wrong, but I don’t think Hades supports quick resume on console.

WitchHunter

The game launches on consoles this week. I got a chance to check it out early on the PS5, thanks to the publisher. Here's some info:

- 24.99$ for Digital, and 29.99$ for Physical. In USD
- Install size on PS5 is 7.97GB
- PR claims PS5, Xbox Series X & S target 4K 60FPS
- Xbox One & PS4 versions run at 1080p 60FPS, no mention about the xbox one x and ps4 pro
- No HDR options on any of the versions. I just have HDR on when playing on my TV, so just recorded with it being on. Color does look a bit more vibrant on my TV, but that will vary for everyone depending on their HDR settings.
- features enhanced controller vibration and lighting on the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller (vibrations sure, didn't notice too much about the lighting honestly)
- PS4 version upgrades for free to PS5 if you have a PS5, and Xbox One version automatically does smart delivery for Xbox Series X & S versions
- Personally after playing the game, I've noticed smooth gameplay in 4K, 60FPS and didn't notice any drops at all.
- Game loads pretty quick, so no issues there and well optimized.

If there's anything else I'll add it to the thread.

Is there a visible difference between 30/60 FPS? Or it's just a gimmick?

Top Bottom