• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life - Story Explanation and Analysis.

Salz01

I was so into the half life story and universe, and with all the fuckery that valve did for so many years, I honestly don’t care anymore. Still totally disappointed that Alyx is gated by VR.

I was so into the half life story and universe, and with all the fuckery that valve did for so many years, I honestly don’t care anymore. Still totally disappointed that Alyx is gated by VR.
It's completely inconsequential. If you're interested in the Half Life lore then all you need to do is witness the ending of the game and congrats you've gained the same amount of knowledge and substance from the game as anyone can possibly extract. It puts gameplay and exploration above all else throughout the campaign and only the finale truly matters when looking at the sum of the series. If Valve continues making Half Life games going forward they will probably be classic style and so you'll be able to pick up where Alyx left off without ever needing to play the game.

I love the Half-Life setting and background. The original really captures that Area 51/alien conspiracy vibe.

Half-Life 2 is superb but I sort of prefer the story of the original. I need to come back to this thread to lay down some theories and all and watch those videos.

Top Bottom