• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Kills - Official Trailer

belmarduk

j9AH3nl.png

Lookin' good.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hopefully gonna see it again in the theater tonight.

Was considering getting Peacock Premium to watch it at home but I'd rather go to the theater again. Just can't stop thinking about this movie, I thought it was fucking awesome.

Billbofet

The movie sucked ass, what the fuck was that ending, you're telling me Michael won 1v50? fucking stupid.
I think he pulled it off because they attacked him one at a time and in slow-motion. Yes, very stupid.
This movie had so much slow motion, I thought it was a Snyder Cut.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I think he pulled it off because they attacked him one at a time and in slow-motion. Yes, very stupid.
This movie had so much slow motion, I thought it was a Snyder Cut.
lol, I love how divided people are on this.

I loved that scene, Laurie giving exposition, the transition between Karen and her daughter outside Michael's House, the subdued piano music, Michael doing his thing. It's slowed down cause it's a dramatic part in the movie.

I will say, those shots of Michael at the end, the director said they filmed exclusively at night (obviously) and that for those death scenes they had run out of night so they went to a sound stage and filmed it there. He said in the interview he wasn't sure how it would turn out but ended up loving it.

Just posting my 2 cents.

I will say, I dabble in videography and it's really opened my eyes to how movies are made. It's insanely hard work, even for movies that aren't good. The way David Gordon Green directed Halloween Kills, it's insanely impressive the lighting and camera work, the production crew should be insanely proud of what they did. I understand if people don't like it but I feel like people should appreciate just how gorgeous some of the shots are.

lQWHSPJ.png
wgtxjju.png
K5DfdFC.png
0d7Z96u.png

Last edited:

MacReady13

The way David Gordon Green directed Halloween Kills, it's insanely impressive the lighting and camera work, the production crew should be insanely proud of what they did. I understand if people don't like it but I feel like people should appreciate just how gorgeous some of the shots are.
Very well shot. I was especially impressed with the 70's scenes. Really well done.

I have subsequently done a re-watch and it was still a boring film for most of it's run time. Most of the characters still don't make much sense in their actions. The film is OK at best but clearly, for a film taking itself so seriously (just listen to the interviews with JLC and DGG in regards to the messaging in this film) it fails miserably. Some scenes work well- the scene with Michael stabbing that guy numerous times with different knives was almost childlike in the way he executed him. The guy playing Michael (name is escaping me at the moment) plays him very well.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Very well shot. I was especially impressed with the 70's scenes. Really well done.

I have subsequently done a re-watch and it was still a boring film for most of it's run time. Most of the characters still don't make much sense in their actions. The film is OK at best but clearly, for a film taking itself so seriously (just listen to the interviews with JLC and DGG in regards to the messaging in this film) it fails miserably. Some scenes work well- the scene with Michael stabbing that guy numerous times with different knives was almost childlike in the way he executed him. The guy playing Michael (name is escaping me at the moment) plays him very well.
Great profile pic. Love that movie.

Someone described it as, it's like meeting the guy underneath the Michael Myers mask, and it turns out he's actually pretty cool. lol.

MacReady13

Great profile pic. Love that movie.

Someone described it as, it's like meeting the guy underneath the Michael Myers mask, and it turns out he's actually pretty cool. lol.
My problem stems with how serious they seem to be taking this film- like it has some higher meaning! It is a fucking slasher! I get films have something to say and I admire that but at its heart this is a slasher. Have fun with it and stop trying to preach to people! But if you do decide to preach to people, preach it properly and not poorly like this film did.

trikster40

Watches it today, was good but it’s definitely not scary anymore. Did I miss something or who was the escaped inmate? Or was it simply just a plot device?

Doom85

Watches it today, was good but it’s definitely not scary anymore. Did I miss something or who was the escaped inmate? Or was it simply just a plot device?

In the previous film, Michael escaped from the institution bus that was doing a transfer. An officer even said they found most of the patients but a few were missing including Michael. The film does a LOT of callbacks to the prior, said inmate even sings like he did when the podcasters visited Michael in the institution, the couple dressed as a doctor and nurse were getting in their car when Michael first entered the neighborhood in the prior film, the little boy who was being babysit in the prior film appears on the news in this one, etc.

Not to mention all the visual homages. Michael slams his hand against the car window when trying to get Nurse Marion just like he did to her in the original film; Michael standing still outside his home as the cops surround him and the camera pans away is a homage to him as a child standing still as his parents stare at him outside his home in the opening scene of the original movie, etc.

Also the skeleton mask the one kid is wearing is one of the Silver Shamrock masks of Halloween 3.

Stuart360

Apparently the new bollocks from the Twitter mob is that Michael Myers is homophobic because he kills a couple of gay people in Hallowean Kills.
Jesus wept. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

funny-halloween.gif

Top Bottom