• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Infamous E3 2003 Level Finally Being Made for Master Chief Collection

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

343 Industries has announced that it is working with modders to revive cut content from a few games like Halo 2 and incorporate them into The Master Chief Collection. In addition to some previously unplayable levels, this project will also add cut weapons, NPCs, vehicles, and more. Given this cut content wasn't completely finished and is about 20 years old, it has been a pretty grueling process and the team detailed the process extensively in a new blog post. The goal is to bring this content to every version of the game, but 343 isn't promising anything for consoles due to the nature of this aged material.

feel fridge GIF

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Interesting reading, thanks for the link.
I reinstalled MCC because Infinite is lacking content and I have zero regrets. Those games are still very fun in multiplayer.

I really hope Infinite can catch up, probably in 10 years judging by the way 343 releases updates...

93xfan

Banned
Cool, cool... but finish the last game you released before you do this yeah?

Well. RIP Infinite I guess.

Infinite is so fucked to the point that they’re having to make more content for MCC lol

Do you all honestly believe this is the same people making infinite patches? It isn’t.

MCC has its own team of dedicated individuals. So glad MS puts this much time and money into MCC.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Do you all honestly believe this is the same people making infinite patches? It isn’t.

MCC has its own team of dedicated individuals. So glad MS puts this much time and money into MCC.

They put so much time and effort into MCC because it was utterly broken for most of its lifespan. It has only been the last couple years where the game was where it should have been *at launch*.

baphomet

That's actually really awesome. Especially if they have access to the actual files from back then.

MCC has come really far from the literal non-working game it was for the first year or so.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PART 1: Cutting Room Floor – learn more about the old and cut content from 1999 MacWorld-era Halo, Halo: Combat Evolved, and Halo 2 that is being restored.

Woof that must be some restoration effort, restoring content from 22~23 years ago.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It’s why I waited until last year to finally pull the trigger on Steam.

Smart choice. Thankfully it is as close to being as good to the original bungie releases as we can expect. Still not a big fan of the hideous new "skins" they added to all the games. They clash with the art direction each game had prior. But that really is the only negative I have of MCC of 2022.

Having these extra, actually useful additions are welcome. Would love to see them add interviews, trailers, and commercials as well and re-release the game physically with all the updated content. Would make for a great collection for fans.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
They put so much time and effort into MCC because it was utterly broken for most of its lifespan. It has only been the last couple years where the game was where it should have been *at launch*.

They’ve gone above and beyond:

Added new controls for Reaxh when using Jetpack to make it work better with Bumper Jumper.

They fixed the bleed through glitch in Halo Reach

They added Reach and ODST

They added Firefight and made extra modes with flood and other effects

They made the Halo 3 BR function better than ever before in online matches by tweaking it

They added Halo Reach Forge controls to Halo 3. You can also have elephants as forge objects in maps that never had it before.

They spent ridiculous amounts of time fixing the graphics from the shoddy original Gearbox PC ports of Halo 1 and 2

Completely redone UI that’s pretty much perfect imo

Brought over Halo 3 and Reach Custom maps and modes

Added custom game options like bottomless clip to Halo 2

Added custom games lobbies and lists

Extended draw distance in Halo 3 and Reach

These are some of the changes off the top of my head. I’ve never seen so much love poured into an old collection.

Smart choice. Thankfully it is as close to being as good to the original bungie releases as we can expect. Still not a big fan of the hideous new "skins" they added to all the games. They clash with the art direction each game had prior. But that really is the only negative I have of MCC of 2022.

Having these extra, actually useful additions are welcome. Would love to see them add interviews, trailers, and commercials as well and re-release the game physically with all the updated content. Would make for a great collection for fans.
They let you turn this off if you like, so you don’t see any of the new armor and skins on anyone.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They’ve gone above and beyond:

Added new controls for Reaxh when using Jetpack to make it work better with Bumper Jumper.

They fixed the bleed through glitch in Halo Reach

They added Reach and ODST

They added Firefight and made extra modes with flood and other effects

They made the Halo 3 BR function better than ever before in online matches by tweaking it

They added Halo Reach Forge controls to Halo 3. You can also have elephants as forge objects in maps that never had it before.

They spent ridiculous amounts of time fixing the graphics from the shoddy original Gearbox PC ports of Halo 1 and 2

Completely redone UI that’s pretty much perfect imo

Brought over Halo 3 and Reach Custom maps and modes

Added custom game options like bottomless clip to Halo 2

Added custom games lobbies and lists

Extended draw distance in Halo 3 and Reach

These are some of the changes off the top of my head. I’ve never seen so much love poured into an old collection.
Yep, like I said they have made great strides and aside from the inclusion of the new armor/skins, MCC is great in 2022. Its just insulting it took the majority of an entire console generation to reach that point.

They let you turn this off if you like, so you don’t see any of the new armor and skins on anyone.
Where is this option? I may be blind, but I can't find it at all.

93xfan

Banned
Infinite is dying, isn’t it?
Do you realize MCC has been getting updates even with Infinite coming out? It would be easy to conclude they have a separate team for each game. But you don’t have to, because it’saa well known fact (except for around here apparently).

93xfan

Banned
Yep, like I said they have made great strides and aside from the inclusion of the new armor/skins, MCC is great in 2022. Its just insulting it took the majority of an entire console generation to reach that point.

Where is this option? I may be blind, but I can't find it at all.
I get it and I was pissed. It was my reason for buying an Xbox One. But with hope they polished this and the way BC games played, they’ve won me back over a few years ago. I’ve gone from angry and disappointed to thrilled.

I think it’s now under graphics/visuals. I’ll check later to be sure.

At this point, MCC is the only saving grace of the Halo franchise. I need to boot it back up this weekend and go to town on the MP. last time I played, it was so much fun.

93xfan

Banned
At this point, MCC is the only saving grace of the Halo franchise. I need to boot it back up this weekend and go to town on the MP. last time I played, it was so much fun.
It’s not just my go to Halo game, but is my go to multiplayer game

And the menu for choosing games in the social playlist couldn’t be more perfect

Top Bottom