• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo for GBA confirmed by Craig from IGN

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Kobun Heat said:
Why do I get the feeling Microsoft would rather have Nintendo holding the handheld market by the happy sack, not Sony?

Because they are more worried by Sony in the console market than by Nintendo, it makes sense.

jarrod

Banned
Panajev2001a said:
Because they are more worried by Sony in the console market than by Nintendo, it makes sense.
Pana where've you been?! Get in the normal mapping thread pronto, I need answers!!!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why do I get the feeling Microsoft would rather have Nintendo holding the handheld market by the happy sack, not Sony?
Because it's true. I was listening to an interview with J. Allard made sometime at E3, and if you'd heard his comment about PSP and DS, his line of thought would be flat out obvious.

Until I see some support through DS I will continue yawning.

Microsoft now probably has the resources to let Rare make DS games like Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, etc. Games that people would actually rabidly anticpate a release for. Games that might sell truck loads and turn a profit for that studio. And although we already have Metroid Hunters on DS, having a Halo would only help to bring even more people to the platform.

Rare on DS is a pretty exciting thought actually. Especially considering how many classics they made on the N64 and that the DS is actually more powerful than one.

A farmed out Halo on GBA is pretty snore worthy at this point IMO.

jarrod

Banned
Marco, you mean this?

What do you think of Nintendo's new handheld?

Allard: The DS? That touch-screen thing? Awesome. Awesome.

Have you had a go on it yourself?

Allard: No I haven't touched it, but it's just genius. I think it's a great, great, great idea. I didn't understand the dual-screen thing, the Metroid map, blah blah blah, whatever. I think that touch-screen is going to revolutionise the way kids communicate. I think it's text-messaging for kids. They're gonna scribble notes in class or on the bus on wireless network and stuff. It's going to be awesome. But I think its for the same demographic that the Game Boy is.

And PSP?

Allard: I'm skeptical that people will want it. The people that buy PlayStations have cell phones. I don't know.. They may have iPods, but I'm not sure they're going to carry that thing [PSP] around in their pocket or around their neck or whatever - it's very big. [But] it is a beautiful screen, and I like the analogue stick.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yikes, can ye imagine a FPS wireless multiplayer Metroid and a FPS wireless multiplayer Halo all on the same system (DS) around the same time?

I think the world would end.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rlan said:
halogba.gif

:O!!1

Damn, the characters are so big...so what, you can only see 1 enemy on screen at all times? (and I'm assuming this pic isn't real)

Top Bottom