• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite’s campaign DLC rumoured for a 2025 release

Banjo64

cumsessed

giphy.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This has gotta be pretty much a whole campaigns worth for this to be true.
If they really sorted out the studio staffing issues (most of the devs being contractors with short contracts swapping in and out), got a solid pipeline and tech for Infinite and give support, resources, and freedom to Staten I think he could deliver an ODST sized expansion by 2024.

Still, that is a long long time to wait for single player content considering it was by all accounts a bit limited (variety wise especially) for the launch game.

Kev Kev

And to think people in GAF chose this as a GOTY.

It's like being in the middle of a Flat Earther convention.
what they have released has been really good. just the way theyve gone about it has been messy.

which makes me think this actually could be true. if they are going for a 10 year plan with this game then it makes sense they will have some big update including a campaign expansion, essentially making it halo infinite campaign part 2. perhaps they will do a part 3 closer to 2030. thats my guess.

either that or this is a straight up lie made up by a nobody

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Holy crap. So many here automatically believing this is true, with no evidence whatsoever.

talk about confirmation bias.

Everyone who isn’t a blind fanboy can see that Infinite is a train wreck that was under 6 years of failed development, rushed out the door and redone over the last year of its development, and its an IP that has been horribly mismanaged by both Xbox and 343i for over a decade now.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Holy crap. So many here automatically believing this is true, with no evidence whatsoever.

talk about confirmation bias.
Well we do have the last few years of evidence: length of development time, number of support studios coming in to help ship the game, state of the game at Xbox’s launch, state of the game when it launched, state of their live services seasons system and length of each season, etc…

It is not completely unreasonable.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well we do have the last few years of evidence: length of development time, number of support studios coming in to help ship the game, state of the game at Xbox’s launch, state of the game when it launched, state of their live services seasons system and length of each season, etc…

It is not completely unreasonable.
And then if you want to look at historical precedent the MCC took 3 years to fix on Xbox.

Halo 4 and 5 were unfairly criticised IMO, they are the best games 343 have made but sadly it seems they have been on a downward spiral ever since.

MayauMiao

I got to ask, what exactly is Halo Infinite at this point? A competitive shooter made for esports? A series of single player driven fps that's release in episodes? A Destiny like fps?

I have no idea if this is true but they announced they would be supporting this game with updates and dlc for 10 years.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Halo died when Bungie left and it should have been left dead.

Probably another round of remasters coming because worthwhile new content is beyond the capability of 343 to deliver.

giphy.gif

But microtransaction and seasons pass wil be out this and next year...

giphy.gif

But new GaaS content and microtransactions wil be out this and next year😳

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Halo API guy already called a "bullshit" on that one. So there is no point of this thread at all...

Yeah I would say he would know they are not doing any more single player content and are focusing on micro transactions for the multiplayer only.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
so thats why Sony acquired Bungie, they knew Halo Infinite player base is going to drop so more people will go to destiny 2 ,big brain jimbo.

Leyasu

Banned
If they really sorted out the studio staffing issues (most of the devs being contractors with short contracts swapping in and out), got a solid pipeline and tech for Infinite and give support, resources, and freedom to Staten I think he could deliver an ODST sized expansion by 2024.

Still, that is a long long time to wait for single player content considering it was by all accounts a bit limited (variety wise especially) for the launch game.
Yeah, but then what are people thinking that they need 3yrs to develop?

343 are a train wreck, but surely even they must know that 3yrs to make a 1hr expansion will not be anywhere near enough

Dutchy

Well thats the point of infinite. Just like Destiny, build a open world and drop narrative driven content and gameplay/sandbox updates every few years.
But unlike Destiny, which gives players something new to enjoy every couple of weeks, with bigger updates every season and a huge expansion every year or so, all we get from 343i is a couple of new skins and gamemodes that were present since Halo 2.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, but then what are people thinking that they need 3yrs to develop?

343 are a train wreck, but surely even they must know that 3yrs to make a 1hr expansion will not be anywhere near enough

No, it is not. While I enjoyed Halo Infinite's campaign, I gave it a pass in a lot of areas because of this "10 year" live service support thing. So my expectations were we would get content flowing over that 10 years. So this rumor may or may not be true, but we've heard jack shit about new campaign content at all. Time for Phil Spencer and 343 to tell us exactly what is going on with Halo. Otherwise, rumors like these tend take on a life of their own.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm a big fan of what 343 have released, just not the quantity. Most of the complaints that are levelled at them don't bother me, and I'd be ok with them calling infinite finished right now, and move into dlc, 4v4 map and I guess cosmetics production full time.

Re:Village launched 6 months before Halo Infinite and has only just had it's DLC announced, so I think it's OK that 343 haven't announced DLC yet, but I think people have knives out for 343 and are ready to pounce on them. Personally think they ought to reduce the scope of Halo as it seems to have their people spread too thin to get work done, and agree with Topher Topher that people run with rumours like this because it seems so plausible - I don't think anyone can understand why everything takes them so long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom