• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite’s campaign DLC rumoured for a 2025 release

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's a bit weird to watch some of the stuff being discussed on here at times.

This is OBVIOUSLY fake.
Obviously.

They’ll have released;
  • 1 arena map within the games first 12 months.
  • 1 Big Team map within the games first 12 months.
  • No Forge presumably within the games first 12 months.
  • No Firefight equivalent in the works.
MS have just had a major event showing games coming in 2022 and 2023 and this was no where to be seen.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Im talking about putting kids as an excuse though.
Friday Movie GIF

It was the same excuse on both cases: market leader not wanting full interoperability that helps the competition and quoting the safety and strengths of their network thanks to the control they had being what blocked full interoperability. To this day FF XIV is still not on Xbox or interoperable fully between platforms. All that despite the partisan blah blah.

Last edited:
Way too long - really sucks that the first good halo game 343 has made. IMO probably the best all around halo at it’s core - has been sabotaged by poor support and major difficulties in getting basic technical shit figured out

Bragr

Banned
Obviously.

They’ll have released;
  • 1 arena map within the games first 12 months.
  • 1 Big Team map within the games first 12 months.
  • No Forge presumably within the games first 12 months.
  • No Firefight equivalent in the works.
MS have just had a major event showing games coming in 2022 and 2023 and this was no where to be seen.
It's a rumor on a DLC. It holds no weight.

The reason it was not on this showcase, is because 343 is making what could be considered Halo Infinite 2, it's gonna take some time. But trying to pretend anyone knows when it will release at this point is obviously fake.

Last edited:
Come on man, after all the bullshit he has spouted in the past we should be well past that point now. Now please excuse me whilst I go and pee pee from my butt.

Also, he’s a ‘banned’ source on GAF.

tsZwgrZ.png
Was he wrong on the Kojima thing? As adamsapple adamsapple said I don't recall anyone else even talking about it. The 'pee from your butt' stuff overrides actual Kojima news? Pretty sad if true.

With regards to Halo I'm waiting to see how Forge and co-op pan out before writing the game off.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
That sounds insane.

But at the same time, sounds about right considering how long it takes 343 to do anything.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I think he's much better than that lol, even that 'ban' message from EL is hardly a ban message, just that if he posts fake news don't post it.

That whole topic and the outrage came from him posting the infamous you will pee out of your butts in the morning comment which was not a hint at anything, people just ran wild with it for no reason.

Anyway, a lot of topics here still get posted with his news cited by VGC any other places, so it's not really a hard enforced ban in the first place.

JLB

Banned
Friday Movie GIF

It was the same excuse on both cases: market leader not wanting full interoperability that helps the competition and quoting the safety and strengths of their network thanks to the control they had being what blocked full interoperability. To this day FF XIV is still not on Xbox or interoperable fully between platforms. All that despite the partisan blah blah.

I mean, im ok if someone comes ans says: "its better for our business, deal with it". But attempting to construct an excuse based on kids safety, and specially when that was on Nintendo's context... that was a new low.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Great game. If they take thier time and the add on is the same length as the regular game this is just fine. You guys are rediculous with the overreaction.

Zok310

Banned
But unlike Destiny, which gives players something new to enjoy every couple of weeks, with bigger updates every season and a huge expansion every year or so, all we get from 343i is a couple of new skins and gamemodes that were present since Halo 2.
Ok, but every game have their +\-, and i agree, 343i can do better

Griffon

I am now convinced the people who do the actual work are like 2 or 3 dudes, underpaid in a corner, while the rest of the office is full of posturing SJW grifters.

Naked Lunch

Staten joined about 6 months before the release of Halo Infinite. His 'addition' to their 'management' is already on display unfortunately.
Well if the rumors are true - in those short 6 months, Staten remixed the entire campaign, trimmed the fat, and actually got the team to finish it in time for the 2021 Holiday. Keep in mind this is from a game in development he had no part in for the past 6 years. It seems hes now in charge of the Infinite story stuff going forward.

I give Staten some credit - the guy was one of the originators of Halo - gone from MS and done with the franchise years ago outside of a short story in a Halo novel. But its obvious he really cares about Halo and returned to it to try to right the ship. I trust the dude.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Well if the rumors are true - in those short 6 months, Staten remixed the entire campaign, trimmed the fat, and actually got the team to finish it in time for the 2021 Holiday. Keep in mind this is from a game in development he had no part in for the past 6 years. It seems hes now in charge of the Infinite story stuff going forward.

I give Staten some credit - the guy was one of the originators of Halo - gone from MS and done with the franchise years ago outside of a short story in a Halo novel. But its obvious he really cares about Halo and returned to it to try to right the ship. I trust the dude.

Additionally he is awesome as the voice of the Grunts.

Topher

Gold Member
Great game. If they take thier time and the add on is the same length as the regular game this is just fine. You guys are rediculous with the overreaction.

I agree it very well could be fine, but 343 has a lot to prove and no, folks are not overreacting, in my opinion.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
So he should be discredited because of a lame 'butts' tweet which had NOTHING to do with gaming at all but get zero credit for calling out a real gaming news story NO OTHER outlet predicted. Interesting perspective. Let's not act like he hasn't been right on other news too.

I'm thinking there will be at least one campaign update to Halo Infinite well before 2025.

Topher

Gold Member
By Halo insider cause 2025 for a DLC? Even 343 is not that slow unless this so call DLC is a new full game

So it has not been debunked. Got it.

So he should be discredited because of a lame 'butts' tweet which had NOTHING to do with gaming at all but get zero credit for calling out a real gaming news story NO OTHER outlet predicted. Interesting perspective. Let's not act like he hasn't been right on other news too.

I'm thinking there will be at least one campaign update to Halo Infinite well before 2025.

Not saying you are wrong, but this rumor has nothing to do with Grubbs. He has not stated whether he thinks this is wrong or right.

Last edited:

Yoda

343 is a mediocre studio (at best). Imagine if they didn't had to make a game without endless resources (Microsoft corp bank account)...

That is not what "debunked" means. Debunked means someone officially came out and said this is wrong. That has not happened.
2025? for a DLC i mean by the time 2025 come this so call DLC might become a full game then this so call DLC is so far out that it might as well not be real lol

Banjo64

cumsessed
Let's not act like he hasn't been right on other news too.
Let’s not act like he hasn’t been wrong on other news too. Like Xbox Live being discontinued.

So yeah, he gets some stuff right, and some stuff wrong, and has made stuff up for the lolz too. The initial point was about reliability.

Topher

Gold Member
2025? for a DLC i mean by the time 2025 come this so call DLC might become a full game then this so call DLC is so far out that it might as well not be real lol

And? Nothing you just said "debunks" this rumor. You need to understand what the word means.

And? Nothing you just said "debunks" this rumor. You need to understand what the word means.
This rumor is Bullsh*t like some youtuber would know of a DLC coming in 2025?
This is like that TLOU2 Faction rumor of it being a DLC but it so far out that it morph into a full game

FireFly

Staten joined about 6 months before the release of Halo Infinite. His 'addition' to their 'management' is already on display unfortunately.
By "about 6 months" I assume you mean over a year. And yes, you are correct. We can see his contributions to Infinite's campaign in the form of marines that can actually navigate the world, rescue missions, mini-bosses, and the focus on equipment.

Javthusiast

Banned
This can't possibly be true, cause that would be embarassing. Moreso than development already has been. By that point a sequel makes more sense.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This rumor is Bullsh*t like some youtuber would know of a DLC coming in 2025?
This is like that TLOU2 Faction rumor of it being a DLC but it so far out that it morph into a full game

Fine, but that doesn’t mean it is debunked. That Faction rumor was. Big differences

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fine, but that doesn’t mean it is debunked. That Faction rumor was. Big differences
That is not what "debunked" means. Debunked means someone officially came out and said this is wrong. That has not happened.

To be fair, there's nothing to debunk. The onus isn't on developers to respond to random youtube insiders, unless it starts getting reported wider by more reputable sources.

We shouldn't have an expectation for a publisher or developer to comment on everything that gets posted on r/gamingleaks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom