• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite’s store bundles data mined

Banjo64

cumsessed
EDIT: Maybe debunked:

gtqvtu4vg6181.png

I put this in the multiplayer thread but think it needs its own thread.

Over $1k to buy everything.

I’m happy with the F2P direction of the game, however 343 need to get some backlash over this.

IMO classic armour sets like Gungnir should be battle pass level 100 awards. They should only be putting new and crazy skins on the store like the ones added to the MCC recently.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I will take this every day for a free to play game if none of those purchases are pay to win as no one is forcing people to buy anything

Guess I have self control
That’s cool and I agree man, and I do have self control. Everything here is solely cosmetic. I just question what the battle pass rewards are going to be like if these sets are locked to the store.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That’s cool and I agree man, and I do have self control. Everything here is solely cosmetic. I just question what the battle pass rewards are going to be like if these sets are locked to the store.
Yeah will have to wait and see what the BP brings vs purchases.

I will be honest here but I way prefer being able to purchase cosmetics as many times it seems Battle Passes force me to do shit I don't want to do.

I want to just play the game when I feel like playing and if I see something super cool in the store I buy it

It's free to play now, not sure what people were expecting? This is what free to play looks like, cosmetics, emotes, things that make your character look cool will be behind a pay wall.
I still don't think it's pricing is fair but this was expected when they announced free to play.

elliot5

Man who cares. In a year or two the total price for everything will be like $8000. Buying everything in league of legends is probably well over $50k or some shit at this point. I will likely never buy a thing from the shop and stick to battle passes because I don't see value in $20 for a single color or small attachment. It's that easy to just not buy it

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don't understand, all they had to do was taking what is working in the MCC and bring it to Infinite. How is that complicated??? And they had an extra year ! In which state this would have launched seriously.

I really like the gameplay, but the lack of content/playlist etc... is seriously a bummer. And now this...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If I cared a lot about Halo, I'd be upset as well. Halo is just a side distraction for me, but excess microtransactions are not great.

At the same time though, it's hard to be that outraged when it's literally a free 2 play game though. If the campaign has MTNs on this level I'd be upset. But it's a f2p multiplayer game. Free. Hundreds of people worked on it for years and gave it away for free. I guess just pick the few costumes you have to have and ignore the rest. If you buy $10 of costumes, then you have a $10 game. A f2p game is not the kind of game that you play to satisfy your urge to collect every item, because that is clearly not possible or affordable. You just pick a couple you want and ignore the rest.

Last edited:

Wvrs

The amount of angst over the price barrier behind customisation really underscores exactly why companies know they can sell this crap.

Personally I will never spend a penny on this multiplayer and happily rock GEN VII MJOLNIR until the servers switch off.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Remember it's free guys

Its free remember, oh single player is the same price as a full game that would normally have come with the same multiplayer suite, but its free guys. Remember that it being free means none of this matters as the base game is free and you earn great things like the colour blue in 200 hours for free and maybe 5 challange swaps.

Its free guys that means no criticism is allowed as its free and I play it for free, I haven't paid a cent as its free oh apart from the 10$ battle pass and the 20$ armour skin because those look cool but they gave the game away for free so it's nothing.

Its free so why don't people who keep saying it's free post a screen of there a helmet unlocks to show us how free it is so we can see that there's no lock icon on the not free 20$ helm in this tottaly free game that they have spent money on, that they keep saying is free.

Stop it guys... its free

Last edited:

SCB3

Why would I need to buy EVERYTHING, ffs people, just buy if you like, for example, I'd love an Arbitar skin and would happily for for one, its shit like the colors that should really be in game or earnable that bothers me more

Remember it's free guys

Its free remember, oh single player is the same price as a full game that would normally have come with the same multiplayer suite, but its free guys. Remember that it being free means none of this matters as the base game is free and you earn great things like the colour blue in 200 hours for free and maybe 5 challange swaps.

Its free guys that means no criticism is allowed as its free and I play it for free, I haven't paid a cent as its free oh apart from the 10$ battle pass and the 20$ armour skin because those look cool but they gave the game away for free so it's nothing.

Its free so why don't people who keep saying it's free post a screen of there a helmet unlocks to show us how free it is so we can see that there's no lock icon on the not free 20$ helm in this tottaly free game, that they keep saying is free.

Stop it guys... its free
You know this game is free, right?

Stuart360

Bit of a thread backfire here. $1000 really isnt a lot for a F2P game. Look at Warzone, i dont know if its ever been checked by anyone but its MTX must be in the tens of thousands, there is that much to buy. There are other F2P games with MTX in the tens of thousands if you bought everything. Thing is no one buys everything.
I'n still on the same default spartan after 16 hours of play. I couldnt give a toss about cosmetics.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Bit of a thread backfire here. $1000 really isnt a lot for a F2P game. Look at Warzone, i dont know if its ever been checked by anyone but its MTX must be in the tens of thousands, there is that much to buy. There are other F2P games with MTX in the tens of thousands if you bought everything. Thing is no one buys everything.
I'n still on the same default spartan after 16 hours of play. I couldnt give a toss about cosmetics.

Except this is just the first wave for beta...

So its a bit unfair to compare to another free 2 play game which has been out what... 2 going on 3 years now? Every season will add a slew of new items to buy, this also excludes the real world attached products Halo sells like the nerf guns, figures and Razor headsets that all come with unique codes to earn unlocks...

That's why the armour core system is there, so they can sell you the same accessories all over again on the new armour cores next season.

It really is the most "free" of the F2P I have seen.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Im not going to buy every cosmetic. I just feel that some of these classic skins should be battle pass rewards.

Clearly people disagree in here and are happy to not have access to these skins as part of their battle passes. That’s also fine.

As stated by many people, yes these are all cosmetic only and no one has to buy them. That’s great. As I stated in the OP, I’m happy with the F2P direction of the game.

Stuart360

Except this is just the first wave for beta...

So its a bit unfair to compare to another free 2 play game which has been out what... 2 going on 3 years now? Every season will add a slew of new items to buy, this also excludes the real world attached products Halo sells like the nerf guns, figures and Razor headsets that all come with unique codes to earn unlocks...

That's why the armour core system is there, so they can sell you the same accessories all over again on the new armour cores next season.

It really is the most "free" of the F2P I have seen.
So you'rr saying over time Halo may end up just like the majority of other F2P games?, well ok so whats the problem here?.
At least its purely cosmetics with halo, something you dont NEED.

I’m happy with the F2P direction of the game, however 343 need to get some backlash over this.

IMO classic armour sets like Gungnir should be battle pass level 100 awards. They should only be putting new and crazy skins on the store like the ones added to the MCC recently.
This is actually pretty tame for an f2p game monetization... and this is why f2p is worse in every possible way, the games made around it are first and foremost shiny storefronts masquerading as video games.
Why would I need to buy EVERYTHING, ffs people, just buy if you like, for example, I'd love an Arbitar skin and would happily for for one, its shit like the colors that should really be in game or earnable that bothers me more
They don't count on everyone buying everything, the important thing is that you always have something more to buy over time... so you end up buying the 60$ game + not complaining about a 60$ game having so much DLC + you buy some, many buy little or nothing at all and the whales buy it all.

Don't worry much more should be added over time, just like any f2p game.

TBH, many games do it this way and it seems like TLoU 2's DLC will be like that.

This is the price of "free".

Raphael

Game is free and offers paid COSMETICS to get some ROI. As long as there is no p2w bullshit they can offer whatever they want for money as far as i am concerned.
There is already plenty free and premium battle pass skins to unlock for next to nothing. Some people are way too entitled.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Im not going to buy every cosmetic. I just feel that some of these classic skins should be battle pass rewards.

Clearly people disagree in here and are happy to not have access to these skins as part of their battle passes. That’s also fine.

As stated by many people, yes these are all cosmetic only and no one has to buy them. That’s great. As I stated in the OP, I’m happy with the F2P direction of the game.

Screw that the classic stuff should have been attached to none battle pass rank system like the prior halo games, yeah I get it, it's a "free" game but you have to give something for the free players too.

Restricting them to the MK VII with 3 visor colours, 3 armour colours one chest piece and a wrist attachment if they level through to 100 for the season is not it.

Sybrix

I dont give a shit, as long as it doesnt effect gameplay.

I've played 50+hours for free in Warzone.

Played Halo Infinite MP for 5+ hours for free and will continue to do so

I'm long past giving a shit about cosmetics

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just my 2 cents I think BF 2042 should have split Portal off and BF itself went FTP with MTX and charge maybe $40 for Portal, heck possibly even Vanguard I may have kept playing them

Stuart360

Cosmetics in a first person shooter also are even more silly to me.

You literally can't see yourself lol. All they are selling you is FOMO.
At the end of the day the game is free, and they have to make their money somehow.
Halo isnt doing anything any other F2P game does, and its actually better than a lot of F2P games as everything it sells is cosmetic.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I remember when you used to get given free games like Wolfenstien : Enemy Territory which features no additional transactions at all... for free.

Sooner or later the "its just cosmetic" will have to end, because otherwise games with "just cosmetic" loot boxes wouldent be so profitable.

Javthusiast

Banned
I want a lot of the Fortnite skins, they cost way too fucking much though so I never buy them cause I have self control. This is no big deal for Halo too. It is purely cosmetics for a free game everybody can play.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I remember when you used to get given free games like Wolfenstien : Enemy Territory which features no additional transactions at all... for free.

Sooner or later the "its just cosmetic" will have to end, because otherwise games with "just cosmetic" loot boxes wouldent be so profitable.
Yeah and probably cost like 50k to make. In fact i wouldntr be surprised if one of Halo's armour sets cost as much to make.

Also people say 'its only cosmetics' because it means no pay to win shite like you see in some games. Cosmetics are just that, cosmetic, and dont effect the gameplay.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I put this in the multiplayer thread but think it needs its own thread.

They don't deserve any backlash from this at all, the whole post is silly. Nobody is forced to buy every cosmetic skin.

When your at McDonald's do you price out buying every item on the menu and then send hate emails to mcdonalds for it costing $200 for food?

When your at wal mart, do you get mad at them for having $100,000 in items you could buy?

This thread is a waste of time. Don't buy everything, problem solved.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Wolf ET was also a game with zero cosmetics - because people just modded in whatever they wanted. It's not even close to comparable.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I love this model! Fund my gaming. I don’t care about cosmetics.

I’ll agree, though, that this game used to be one price that included campaign. Now it’s split and campaign isn’t free. The argument for not having this model is different than, say, Fortnite, which is entirely free. That said, Fortnite doesn’t have a campaign.

Top Bottom