• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Campaign Co-Op Preview

cormack12

Gold Member
Halo co-op livestream from yesterday on campaign

• Skulls shared
  • Four player fireteam in co-op
  • Can review furthest point completed and start from least advanced player
  • Difficulty is scaled (aggressive AI, defensive tactics etc)
  • Ammo crates and supplies also scaled to fireteam size
  • Cut scenes skippable by one fireteam member for all
  • Collectibles added to all players when looted
  • Every fireteam member plays as chief to maintain continuity
  • Waiting to spawn in, you can watch the other players
  • You can grapple off other spartans
  • Can be some distance away, but get warned to return to fireteam (should be able to get to nearbys FOBS in most places)
  • If you ignore it, you get killed and then spawn in back with your buddies
  • Can spawn in mid firefight if buddy is in 'safe' place
  • You can replay a different mission and return to current actively mission later without losing progress - can freely hop from the tac map
  • Waypoints are shared and visible to all members
  • Spartan cores are claimed by all fireteam members (unless you already own it from your own campaign obv)
  • If a player drops out, all players need to return to menu screen to form the fireteam again (no drop-in) to maintain session persistence
  • Can change difficulty mid session and add skulls
  • You will maintain all unlocked abilities if you start from previous co-op session (e.g. if you have the drop shield, but join a session before it has been found you can still use it)
  • Squad wipe reverts to system checkpoint

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
OK this is hyped as fuck. It should have been day one..that is a fact but 4 player co op is awesome.

4 player legendary run incoming!

Tangerine

Looks like 4 player local split screen to me? Was that always touted? Was it always known to be 4 player co-op and I just didn't realize?

Should have been in game at launch... Better late than never, I guess :/

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

BlackTron

Although it was pretty bad it wasn't ready, at least we got an improvement out of the deal with 4 player.

Still, pretty disappointing that "live service game" means "unfinished game that has all the features of the old version rolled out over the course of years". I mean, no wonder everyone is just going back to MCC?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It looks much better than the earlier leaks which is good. I know people are saying "too little too late" but its certainly a good addition to such a content lacking title.

Ozriel

M$FT
Although it was pretty bad it wasn't ready, at least we got an improvement out of the deal with 4 player.

Still, pretty disappointing that "live service game" means "unfinished game that has all the features of the old version rolled out over the course of years". I mean, no wonder everyone is just going back to MCC?

Probably less to do with ‘live service’ and more to do with how it’s way more challenging to do co-op in an open world game.

Probably less to do with ‘live service’ and more to do with how it’s way more challenging to do co-op in an open world game.
Seriously. I don't think anyone actually believes that this wouldn't have gone down exactly the same if the game was on disc only. We've been in the age of DLC, patches, and buggy launches for some time before sub services showed up.

They couldn't get it working and had to get the game out for last year holiday. Sub wouldn't have changed that at all.

RespawnX

To be fair co-op is very well inplemented with a smart progression system.
But fuck off no excuse this wasn't ready at launch.

Last edited:

FireFly

Well I am completely shocked that the previous co-op video posted on GAF showing players skating across the ground turned out not to be real.

Last edited:

the_master

It comes very late to not have some extra level or at least feature to extend the play time in the campaign besides the awesome coop itself.

Played it a few night with friends on normal difficulty. 1 of them hasn't finished the campaign yet, so we were not skipping the cutscenes, but it is a blast blowing through the game and even killing each other with the plasma coils. Other than some minor bugs, it plays really well. Also, the range you can be away from your teammates is massive.

We'll probably give it a go again on Legendary once it officially releases.

Top Bottom