• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite campaign co-op won’t support online matchmaking

It has to be down the crap that is the Slipspace engine/blam engine or whatever Bungie called it at the time(when it was actually cutting edge). I mean what is the end game with Infinite? 10 years right? Are we going to be playing this average looking game in 2030? Will they continue to support the Xbox One version that long? Surely it's time to move to new tech and upgrade the game to current generation only?

TheGecko

Banned
Hahaha the mods dont play.

Do you not see the irony of the mods calling you a whiny little cunt only for you to then start whining like a cunt?

So because I say developers are making shit games for hiring people to fill diversity quotas and some mod gets sensitive that makes me the Whiney cunt?
I haven’t mentioned race, gender or politics. It’s just some little Nelly on a power trip.

Last edited:

FireFly

So because I say developers are making shit games for hiring people to fill diversity quotas and some mod gets sensitive that makes me the Whiney cunt?
I haven’t mentioned race, gender or politics. It’s just some little Nelly on a power trip.
So you have specific knowledge about what happened during Infinite's development? Or you just came into the thread to do a driveby, because Halo Infinite is a "game"?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Thats some whiny cunt shit right there.

You may not have mentioned race or gender but you specifically talking about diversity.....so unless you think we some dumb shits, we know what you mean....or do you want to clarify what you mean by diversity quotas?

The only thing worse than overly woke people is the anti-woke snowflakes who take everything as being part of some agenda.

TheGecko

Banned
Thats some whiny cunt shit right there.

You may not have mentioned race or gender but you specifically talking about diversity.....so unless you think we some dumb shits, we know what you mean....or do you want to clarify what you mean by diversity quotas?

The only thing worse than overly woke people is the anti-woke snowflakes who take everything as being part of some agenda.
You seem triggered, Calm down darling.

Correct I didn’t mention race or gender but it’s straight on your mind isn’t it, I wonder who has skeletons in their closet.

Black_Stride

You seem triggered, Calm down darling.

Correct I didn’t mention race or gender but it’s straight on your mind isn’t it, I wonder who has skeletons in their closet.
I take it you are not gonna address what you mean by "diversity" then?

Black_Stride

You've already told us what's on your mind haven't you.
And you havent told us whats on yours since you say you werent talking about gender or race so what were you talking about when you say "diversity"?

It would be embarrassing if they added an online matchmaking for co-op and it exposed their low population, that's probably the reason why they are handling it like this.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

It would be embarrassing if they added an online matchmaking for co-op and it exposed their low population, that's probably the reason why they are handling it like this.
Or just that Halo hasnt had Co-op match making so they are sticking with the formula they know.

But sure its to hide the low population count.

Kvally

Banned
still, Infinite is a failure, it has the fastest dying playerbase of any Halo to date, getting literally overtaken by the MCC in player numbers.

so the gaming community as a whole has spoken, this game is not worth playing, hence noone is playing it.

the big player numbers it got were all from the early release where only the multiplayer was out, that quickly dies off and noone cares anymore because everyone saw how bad the game is.

literally Counter Strike Source AND Counter Strike 1.6 have now more active players than Infinite
Halo Infinite is #17 right now on Xbox most played games. Halo MCC isn't even in the top 50 most played games on Xbox. I frequent playing Halo Infinite and I see plenty of people playing. Keep in mind your comment "the game isn't worth playing" is just your opinion. Many others have been thoroughly enjoying Halo Infinite.

sainraja

Given how unlikely it is for 343 to release an exclusive, unprompted statement to Gamesradar, I believe it’s easy enough to infer that it was sent in response to a question from GR. And more likely that it’s part of a larger statement.

I also don’t believe any expectation was set. Certainly, nobody here has been able to show anywhere 343 promised this feature.

The bottom line is the narrative around 343 has been set, and this title draws in console warriors and toxic fans in equal measure.
I know GR asked the question — it seems a bit random if there was never such an expectation. Why would they be asked a question about a feature they never said they would support and has never been a series staple?
Gamers certainly expect it now, perhaps why GR even asked it.

This is such a weird point for you to make, since 343 as well support online matchmaking in other MP modes. Just not story campaign.
And yes, they can offer if it they wanted.
So shouldn't they offer it, if people are asking/wanting it?

Devs have to define the features they want to support and stick to them. And this really should be non-controversial in this case since it’s a feature that would be used sparingly and hasn’t been in previous Halo games.
It’s like getting mad at Nintendo for not including a first person mode in Zelda BOTW.
Well, it certainly wouldn't do them any harm to support it; given that, by not supporting it, along with ever other mis-steps, is doing them some harm, even if it is "unwarranted" since the series has never offered such a feature.

Last edited:

Banned
Halo Infinite is #17 right now on Xbox most played games. Halo MCC isn't even in the top 50 most played games on Xbox. I frequent playing Halo Infinite and I see plenty of people playing. Keep in mind your comment "the game isn't worth playing" is just your opinion. Many others have been thoroughly enjoying Halo Infinite.

#17 is worse than MLB the show, just for perspective

also I'm pretty sure thr XBL most played list is not reliable as there are duplicates on there and who knows what gets actually gathered in that data

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For you guys talking Halo's ranking and play time, Halo has been a sinking ship since the 360 days.

Its not just Halo. But any FPS resembling old school arena gunplay. Peak playing was probably 15-20 years ago when Halo 3 and all those classic Quakes and Unreals were the top dogs.

The second COD got popular it totally changed gamers interests to modern warfare. At some point even WWII games (which were super popular too) got kicked to the curb. Then lately, it's a lot of F2P or battle royales doing great too (PUBG, Apex, Fortnite etc...). COD even added it as a mode because Activision had to jump on the BR train.

Who knows what the next shooter trend will be for MP. But it sure doesn't look like it's be any game resembling Halo or Unreal.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

#17 is worse than MLB the show, just for perspective

also I'm pretty sure thr XBL most played list is not reliable as there are duplicates on there and who knows what gets actually gathered in that data
17 is worse than one of the most popular sports games out there, that just so happens to also be this years edition thats also on Gamepass?
I take it thats supposed to be some sort of burn?

Its the most accurate way to gauge the community right now.
The "duplicates" are only for when devs have two seperate SKUs for their games, so games like FIFA has a full XSX version and a full XB1 version.
Some games have one SKU at which point both versions are counted as one.

Banned
It's the most accurate thing we have to go by. More accurate than you just saying it's dead. I will go by the official list before a random forum member.

well, Steam numbers are the only objective data we have, and there it's dying faster than an aborted fetus

Kvally

Banned
well, Steam numbers are the only objective data we have, and there it's dying faster than an aborted fetus
Halo has always been dominant in console vs. PC. Massively. And on Xbox, it's doing well. Steam numbers are important for PC people. Steam =\= XBL/PSN. And it's counter strike and team fortress 2 (a 10 year old and 15 year old game which are nowhere to be seen on console top played) that seems to be all they care about. While on Xbox, Halo keeps moving up and down, but remains relevant and popular. Last week it was at 13. I assume once 343 gets their content coming in a regular fashion, it will be back to a top 10 game on Xbox.

Banned
Halo has always been dominant in console vs. PC. Massively. And on Xbox, it's doing well. Steam numbers are important for PC people. Steam =\= XBL/PSN. And it's counter strike and team fortress 2 (a 10 year old and 15 year old game which are nowhere to be seen on console top played) that seems to be all they care about. While on Xbox, Halo keeps moving up and down, but remains relevant and popular. Last week it was at 13. I assume once 343 gets their content coming in a regular fashion, it will be back to a top 10 game on Xbox.

we still have no idea what it even means to be "most played" on Xbox Live... what data is used here?
hours played? weekly active players?

is it even weekly? is it daily? is it monthly?

there's a reason Microsoft completely stopped reporting actual XBL charts

either way tho, #17, behind a fucking Sports game that never had a fanbase on Xbox, that is beyond sad for a Halo game even if we assume the best case scenario for what #17 most played even means.

and there's currently an event going where you can unlock exclusive skins too

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s the dev’s fault. Halo outside of *maybe* mp has zero reason to exist today. Nobody is lining up to trudge through rooms of enemies for hours so they can see what happens to the faceless generic spacesuit guy. If they were, we’d be on Half-Life 5 by now.

Kvally

Banned
we still have no idea what it even means to be "most played" on Xbox Live... what data is used here?
hours played? weekly active players?

is it even weekly? is it daily? is it monthly?

there's a reason Microsoft completely stopped reporting actual XBL charts

either way tho, #17, behind a fucking Sports game that never had a fanbase on Xbox, that is beyond sad for a Halo game even if we assume the best case scenario for what #17 most played even means.

and there's currently an event going where you can unlock exclusive skins too
Well, thanks for sharing your opinion. It's time to move on. Cheers.

FireFly

Has Halo ever been big on PC? According to Steam Charts, average players for MCC hovered around 10k or less for every month after launch, except July 2020 when Halo 3 launched. And before that all PC players had was a Vista port of Halo 2 – which Microsoft closed the servers for in 2015 – and of course the Gearbox port of Halo CE.

Top Bottom