• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Campaign cost only $1 with GamePass

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Drunk thread?
Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Havoc2049

There is a deal for new customer to sign up it only cost $1

If you sign up when Halo Infinite Campaign comes out next week you can finish the Campaign for only $1

You can cancel your gamepass membership after beating Infinite campaign lol
Don't do it, it's a trap!! This is how Microsoft gets you hooked an then you become and Xbox junkie for life.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I did this for Gears, but it was only because I was late getting my key. I still bought Gears 5. I still prefer ownership. I did the $1 and then got a 3 month pass for Ultimate. I bought Halo Infinite. Even if it expires and I don’t renew - I still would like to play the campaign. From what I’ve heard about the campaign - it sounds like a modern take on Mercenaries, but set in the Halo universe. A large scale map where you can do whatever. I’m not at that point where I want to sub for my games. I’d rather sub for the online component and keep my games.

reksveks

I was wondering where halo infinite campaign was currently in the steam global top sellers.

K8a7lI7.jpg

I want to see if it remains #1 for the total week data

Leyasu

Banned
There is a deal for new customer to sign up it only cost $1

If you sign up when Halo Infinite Campaign comes out next week you can finish the Campaign for only $1

You can cancel your gamepass membership after beating Infinite campaign lol
There are always deals on. Plus according to the people in the know on gaf, 99% of subscribers are 1£€$ converters.

Anyway, this is just a console war thread

MrFunSocks

Banned
I did this for Gears, but it was only because I was late getting my key. I still bought Gears 5. I still prefer ownership. I did the $1 and then got a 3 month pass for Ultimate. I bought Halo Infinite. Even if it expires and I don’t renew - I still would like to play the campaign. From what I’ve heard about the campaign - it sounds like a modern take on Mercenaries, but set in the Halo universe. A large scale map where you can do whatever. I’m not at that point where I want to sub for my games. I’d rather sub for the online component and keep my games.
One of the good things about game pass is that you get a 20% discount on buying the full version of games on there to own.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No different than Netflix in its first 20 years of existence. Free monthly trial when you make an account. Cancel immediately when you're done the month.

"Get 10,000 TV shows and movies for $0"

Last edited:
Is anyone else miffed that they made multiplayer "free to play"? I get why it makes sense for 343 business wise but in my opinion it sucks for gamers. It's not really free to play either for people planning on buying the campaign for $60. If the campaign was $30 or $40 then the multiplayer would be ftp. Before people say "but gamepass" well sure gamepass makes it cheap but it's still no more free to play than Gears was. We don't call Gears ftp. infinite is only "ftp" for people who a)don't have gamepass and b) wouldn't have bought the game anyway.

In the end most people are going to be playing via Gamepass so why make it free to play? It's so they can monetize it of course. Now we have to deal with the joys of GAAS- overpriced microtransactions, stupid looking skins, cross play bs cheating, and a lack of maps and content because they want to spread it out or use it as limited timed events. Yay

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Is anyone else miffed that they made multiplayer "free to play"? I get why it makes sense for 343 business wise but in my opinion it sucks for gamers. It's not really free to play either for people planning on buying the campaign for $60. If the campaign was $30 or $40 then the multiplayer would be ftp. Before people say "but gamepass" well sure gamepass makes it cheap but it's still no more free to play than Gears was. We don't call Gears ftp. infinite is only "ftp" for people who a)don't have gamepass and b) wouldn't have bought the game anyway.

In the end most people are going to be playing via Gamepass so why make it free to play? It's so they can monetize it of course. Now we have to deal with the joys of GAAS- overpriced microtransactions, stupid looking skins, cross play bs cheating, and a lack of maps and content because they want to spread it out or use it as limited timed events. Yay

there is no problem with it being free to play, you don't have to buy anything extra to play it. micro transactions for skins and whatnot is not effecting gameplay. even if it was paid for it would still have cross play

Kagey K

Banned

I think this is mostly a you thing.

You be miffed if it was paid for and had a battle pass too.

It's a lose lose situation for some, while others are content.

They should offer up Season 1 battle pass for free for ppl that bought (not gamepass) campaign though.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned

No, multiplayer is free to play because you don’t have to pay to play it. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom