• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Launch Trailer

AlexxKidd

When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Step inside the armor of humanity’s greatest hero to experience an epic adventure and explore the vast reaches of Zeta Halo, from stunning heights to mysterious depths below the ring. Rescue UNSC marines to gain reinforcements in your fight against a fearsome enemy known as “the Banished.” Enjoy true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching December 8 2021. For more information on Halo Infinite, head to: xbox.com/haloinfinite #Halo #HaloInfinite #HaloInfiniteCampaign

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I think it’s gonna be really good. Still bummed they dropped the ball on co-op….
It's such a HUGE disappointment to me. To me a launch Halo game IS a Co-op game. It's the way I've experienced every Halo game, it's how I was introduced to the franchise and the Xbox as a whole and to not have one of the biggest features ready to go day 1 is absolutely disappointing. They should have just delayed it until the package was ready. Release the MP as they did and then the whole package for release. I mean, it's really like they are charging $60 for a single-played campaign, which while I think it will be an awesome campaign, seems to be a bit much for what's on offer. I'll be getting it on Gamepass so it's not like it's a huge loss, but I would have bought it straight up had the game launched like it should have.

LordCBH

It's such a HUGE disappointment to me. To me a launch Halo game IS a Co-op game. It's the way I've experienced every Halo game, it's how I was introduced to the franchise and the Xbox as a whole and to not have one of the biggest features ready to go day 1 is absolutely disappointing. They should have just delayed it until the package was ready. Release the MP as they did and then the whole package for release. I mean, it's really like they are charging $60 for a single-played campaign, which while I think it will be an awesome campaign, seems to be a bit much for what's on offer. I'll be getting it on Gamepass so it's not like it's a huge loss, but I would have bought it straight up had the game launched like it should have.

I feel the exact same way. Me and my buddy always co-op these games because it’s how we love to play it, and now we can’t until some undetermined time next year. Sucks cause the game looks really fun.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
skcQ71f.gif

You are only the 373736266373th person to complain about no co op at launch for 63652525633773th time.

Do you folks have to smear every infinite thread with this repeating crap.

legacy24

i have a bad feeling about the story being bad, I'm a huge Halo fan not trying to bait or anything

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Looks awesome to me. I love that they show a "battle scene" that looks fairly dynamic (your ship getting blown up, you then go on foot and kick ass).. I'm hoping they really focused on battle "Scenarios" in this Halo, it's what really was at the core of what made CE so awesome. Coming upon a battle already happening between the Flood and the whatever the other aliens are, 100 different ways to approach what you do in that battle.. you could wait it out and have less enemies to fight, you could go beast mode and take everyone on, do a bit of both, etc.

I'll probably wait for co-op; honestly my biggest issue with co-op being late, isn't that.. it's late.. it's that it hints to me they didn't put focus on co-op.. that's what partly made CE so great. The game was actually meant to be played with 2 people who might be on the clear other side of a huge battlefield from each other.

Halo CE's roots as an RTS really are what made it shine as an FPS, and I feel like they fairly quickly lost track of that in the series, but it was still always fun, just never "great" to me.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

The great thing about the Dec 8th launch is that everyone wins. People who want to play it solo get to. The people who would prefer a delay so coop can be added can delay playing the game via personal choice.

It's like wishing Disney World didn't open until the Ratatouille ride was finished because you wanted it to be there for the grand opening. Plan your trip when you want to go.

GymWolf

I hate both bearded guy and new cortana, and the villain looks lame AF but i have nothing else to play in december so i'm pretty hyped anyway.

Hopefully the campaign is gonna be around 50 hours at least.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Halo CE's roots as an RTS really are what made it shine as an FPS, and I feel like they fairly quickly lost track of that in the series, but it was still always fun, just never "great" to me.

w3__RsGD2woM17mHldAui6PtLcH_ICba7pTjUVJfOulc_rwiCLK1uIifj7NAE2pnhqJdw31b

Calling an action game an "RTS" is the most heartening thing I've read on NeoGAF. Welcome to the club. Population, 2.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

w3__RsGD2woM17mHldAui6PtLcH_ICba7pTjUVJfOulc_rwiCLK1uIifj7NAE2pnhqJdw31b

Calling an action game an "RTS" is the most heartening thing I've read on NeoGAF. Welcome to the club. Population, 2.
Well the game when it was in pre-production was envisioned as an RTS which Bungie had experience in creating Myth:

You probably knew that, but wasn't sure from your response <3

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
The great thing about the Dec 8th launch is that everyone wins. People who want to play it solo get to. The people who would prefer a delay so coop can be added can delay playing the game via personal choice.

It's like wishing Disney World didn't open until the Ratatouille ride was finished because you wanted it to be there for the grand opening. Plan your trip when you want to go.
What lol. No, it's like wishing the park was complete so you can go on a single trip and appreciate the whole thing while you're their. What a false equivalency. They've delayed it this long, should have kept it done until it's complete as what we are getting is literally just a single-player campaign.

skcQ71f.gif

You are only the 373736266373th person to complain about no co op at launch for 63652525633773th time.

Do you folks have to smear every infinite thread with this repeating crap.
Awww...Did I hurt your feefees by giving my opinion? I'm literally like the 3rd person in this thread saying Hail to the King, but yes, I'm hear to smear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get it, some of you don't have friends and co-op isn't a big deal. Sorry for a mode that's been in every single release and not this one is harped on. Doesn't change the fact of the matter that a major component of the game is missing at launch. I can't wait to play it regardless, but I'm not happy that co-op is gone.

Last edited:

GymWolf

God damn it 343
I mean, i don't like her but some people like the new bae cortana.

To me she just sound fucking stupid and childish...master chief is locked in an enemy ring and mad looking brutes appear in a cinematic and she fucking ask if they are friendly?! Gtfo lmao...

Is she gonna ask stupid ass questions all the fucking time?

IntentionalPun

What lol. No, it's like wishing the park was complete so you can go on a single trip and appreciate the whole thing while you're their. What a false equivalency. They've delayed it this long, should have kept it done until it's complete as what we are getting is literally just a single-player campaign.

But you can go on a single trip; just wait for it to be complete lol

I'd rather have stuff sooner than later, but there's nothing stopping us co-op lovers to wait.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
But you can go on a single trip; just wait for it to be complete lol

I'd rather have stuff sooner than later, but there's nothing stopping us co-op lovers to wait.
You're right, doesn't mean people shouldn't voice their concerns on the matter.

Last edited:
I hate both bearded guy and new cortana, and the villain looks lame AF but i have nothing else to play in december so i'm pretty hyped anyway.

Hopefully the campaign is gonna be around 50 hours at least.
What you think this is, Assassins creed valhalla? 30 hours tops IF they have multiple biomes.

Hype for chief to say bad ass things again.

IntentionalPun

You're right, doesn't mean people shouldn't voice their concerns on the matter.
Yeah like I was saying earlier; I'm a patient person so waiting is fine for me... but I do worry that it'll be tacked on, and wasn't thought of in the level design. I think they may have even said it was less of a focus?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Yeah like I was saying earlier; I'm a patient person so waiting is fine for me... but I do worry that it'll be tacked on, and wasn't thought of in the level design. I think they may have even said it was less of a focus?
I don't think other than Halo 4/5 was Co-op implemented as a design choice in the development of the game. Certainly didn't feel that way with Halo 1/2/3. Co-op has always kinda been tacked on, it's that the single player expereince works super well with it being 'tacked' on.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

Awww...Did I hurt your feefees by giving my opinion? I'm literally like the 3rd person in this thread saying Hail to the King, but yes, I'm hear to smear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get it, some of you don't have friends and co-op isn't a big deal. Sorry for a mode that's been in every single release and not this one is harped on. Doesn't change the fact of the matter that a major component of the game is missing at launch. I can't wait to play it regardless, but I'm not happy that co-op is gone.

No, its just beating a dead horse at this point.

Last edited:

MikeM

I mean, i don't like her but some people like the new bae cortana.

To me she just sound fucking stupid and childish...master chief is locked in an enemy ring and mad looking brutes appear in a cinematic and she fucking ask if they are friendly?! Gtfo lmao...

Is she gonna ask stupid ass questions all the fucking time?
I think that is the point. The new AI is naïve and inexperienced. Kinda like a rookie soldier.

In saying that, isn't that the point as I believe her sole purpose is to eventually kill/capture OG Cortana?

IntentionalPun

I don't think other than Halo 4/5 was Co-op implemented as a design choice in the development of the game. Certainly didn't feel that way with Halo 1/2/3. Co-op has always kinda been tacked on, it's that the single player expereince works super well with it being 'tacked' on.
Halo CE definitely had co-op in mind.... like big time. The game was even balanced for it from an ammo/weapons/healthpack standpoint. Legendary is where co-op really shined.

Top Bottom