• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Launch Trailer

GymWolf

What you think this is, Assassins creed valhalla? 30 hours tops IF they have multiple biomes.

Hype for chief to say bad ass things again.
I completed tlou2 in 34 hours (on max difficulty), a full fledged open world game is gonna last me more than that unless there is nothing to explore or discover.

Also i'm gonna die a lot on heroic.

NwcMcEw.gif

YJUeXeS.gif

7MMiVVf.gif

3pbejtv.gif

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Gonna be good. Just finished replaying Halo 3 from the MCC to get myself back in the Halo vibe. I'm not too bummed over lack of co-op at launch. As is tradition on every Halo I will play it solo on Heroic then co-op with my friend on Legendary. Can't wait.

Codes 208

It is a disappointment that co-op is gone from launch but keep in mind this game will essentially be like doom (upgrade system, some other rpg elements like tons of hidden collectables too) mixed with ghost of tsushima (vast open world sandbox with seamless transition between levels/missions)

so its a lot more ambitious than prior halo games. Id rather they get it right and launch when ready than rush it and release it half-assed

Last edited:
I'm not getting a very "story driven" vibe here. Seemed like more of a showcase for the gun play. I don't expect much from it honestly maybe an 7-8

Do yourself a favor then, go watch the tens - potentially hundreds - of video previews on the game and then rethink what you just said. Even the ways you upgrade your armor is story driven at every level.

Last edited:

Fredrik

what happened to thicc cortana
It’s not Cortana, this is a new character. But they would’ve nerfed her anyway, thicc is popular in the real world but in western gaming it seems like devs avoid it at all costs to avoid negative social media noise.
The modders will give you what you want though.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Well the game when it was in pre-production was envisioned as an RTS which Bungie had experience in creating Myth:

You probably knew that, but wasn't sure from your response <3

My response wasn't clear. I was in total agreement with your post though. I've used the term "RTS" to describe a number of FPS and TPS games in the past.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What lol. No, it's like wishing the park was complete so you can go on a single trip and appreciate the whole thing while you're their. What a false equivalency. They've delayed it this long, should have kept it done until it's complete as what we are getting is literally just a single-player campaign.

Awww...Did I hurt your feefees by giving my opinion? I'm literally like the 3rd person in this thread saying Hail to the King, but yes, I'm hear to smear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get it, some of you don't have friends and co-op isn't a big deal. Sorry for a mode that's been in every single release and not this one is harped on. Doesn't change the fact of the matter that a major component of the game is missing at launch. I can't wait to play it regardless, but I'm not happy that co-op is gone.

You do realize Disney World is never "complete" right? It's bigger today than it was 10 years ago, which was bigger than it was 20 years ago etc...

Spend your time and money when you want.

I mean, i don't like her but some people like the new bae cortana.

To me she just sound fucking stupid and childish...master chief is locked in an enemy ring and mad looking brutes appear in a cinematic and she fucking ask if they are friendly?! Gtfo lmao...

Is she gonna ask stupid ass questions all the fucking time?

She isn't meant to be seen as bae lmao, but much more like a daughter you want to protect as the Master Chief. She's portrayed as not all-knowing and understanding like Cortana in many ways was. She's portrayed as younger, more naive. My understanding of the previews is that as she experiences the full destructive nature of the banished and what they're up against, she will 'grow' more in response to that knowledge or experience.

Sakura

It’s not Cortana, this is a new character. But they would’ve nerfed her anyway, thicc is popular in the real world but in western gaming it seems like devs avoid it at all costs to avoid negative social media noise.
The modders will give you what you want though.
I doubt you'll be able to mod the gamepass version though unfortunately...

SegaShack

What lol. No, it's like wishing the park was complete so you can go on a single trip and appreciate the whole thing while you're their. What a false equivalency. They've delayed it this long, should have kept it done until it's complete as what we are getting is literally just a single-player campaign.

Awww...Did I hurt your feefees by giving my opinion? I'm literally like the 3rd person in this thread saying Hail to the King, but yes, I'm hear to smear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get it, some of you don't have friends and co-op isn't a big deal. Sorry for a mode that's been in every single release and not this one is harped on. Doesn't change the fact of the matter that a major component of the game is missing at launch. I can't wait to play it regardless, but I'm not happy that co-op is gone.
I also will only play co op for this game. Doesn't interest me without it.

Works out cause I'll just get it cheap in 6 months or so.

Schmick

At the end of the trailer it's pretty cool to see 'Console. PC. Cloud'. The potential exposure and the amount of devices this game could be played on is sky high!

MrMephistoX

Looks great now and I’m loving the multiplayer beta: it just has old school Halo feel compared to 4 and 5 which just felt weirdly off to me: Destiny Felt more Halo like. Do we know if a lot of Bungie folks boomeranged back to MS to work on this?

Ive searched everywhere and I’ve asked this multiple places and no one seems to know: what are the frame rate targets for each Xbox console for the campaign? I have an Xbox One X, so that is what I’m most curious about. I’d love 60fps with basically any resolution as an option.

Helghan

Ive searched everywhere and I’ve asked this multiple places and no one seems to know: what are the frame rate targets for each Xbox console for the campaign? I have an Xbox One X, so that is what I’m most curious about. I’d love 60fps with basically any resolution as an option.
60fps in performance mode

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Series X is 4K 60 fps in graphics, 120 fps in performance. One X is 4K30 in graphics, 60 fps in performance.

GymWolf

She isn't meant to be seen as bae lmao, but much more like a daughter you want to protect as the Master Chief. She's portrayed as not all-knowing and understanding like Cortana in many ways was. She's portrayed as younger, more naive. My understanding of the previews is that as she experiences the full destructive nature of the banished and what they're up against, she will 'grow' more in response to that knowledge or experience.
Bae is not even from me, another guy in here called her in that way :lollipop_squinting:

Dolodolo

I honestly feel this one will be in that discussion. I've felt that for a while now.

Also, for those not aware, Joe Staten has confirmed this is the longest Halo Campaign ever.
This game will receive 85 points, just like the previous part.
The embargo is being revised two days before the release, so 90 is out of the question.

Thus, by what criteria should it be at least remotely discussed as a game of a generation?

Isn't it funny for you to say that yourself?

Lognor

Banned
I just finished halo 4 for the first time. I'm ready. I just hope those new alien enemies aren't in this game. They fucking sucked

Fbh

The gameplay bits look great.
But man, they are either intentionally not showing stuff or they have really given up on the story.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The gameplay bits look great.
But man, they are either intentionally not showing stuff or they have really given up on the story.
Its spoiler. The previews only had the first four missions(there are 14).

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Something tells me the Halo Infinite trailer is a bit more of an accurate representation of the game's story.
Halo 5 trailer was bait and switch. Locke vs Chief was not at all what we were led to believe from launch trailer and ads and Hunt the Truth.

Top Bottom