• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Launch Trailer

Sort of feels like the campaign is an after thought. Could be wrong but it's disappointing for me because I liked the previous campaigns (never really liked the multiplayer, personally).

vxZ9ehx.gif

Nah. Halo is literally 50/50 campaign vs multiplayer and 343 know and plan for campaign a long way out.

GymWolf

50 hours?!? What in the world aren’t most halo games like 10-12? I can’t do a co op thru the whole thing if it’s that long
It's an open world, and except for infamous 3, there is no open world with such a short main campaign, also you have to add all the side activities, the exploration, the countless deaths, me testing the ia like i do with any game with a decent ia, secret bosses, secret loot to find, finding craig, etc.

50 are tales from of my ass, 30-35 is more realistic (for me).

It's an open world, and except for infamous 3, there is no open world with such a short main campaign, also you have to add all the side activities, the exploration, the countless deaths, me testing the ia like i do with any game with a decent ia, secret bosses, secret loot to find, finding craig, etc.

50 are tales from of my ass, 30-35 is more realistic (for me).
I dunno from what I gather the “open world” isn’t like a true open world in the normal far cry-type sense - it’s like an open sandbox level. Probably some stuff to do but not too time consuming - I think with the halo formula it could be like 30 tho if you take your time maybe - but I’m betting it’ll be less than that

Last edited:
It's such a HUGE disappointment to me. To me a launch Halo game IS a Co-op game. It's the way I've experienced every Halo game, it's how I was introduced to the franchise and the Xbox as a whole and to not have one of the biggest features ready to go day 1 is absolutely disappointing. They should have just delayed it until the package was ready. Release the MP as they did and then the whole package for release. I mean, it's really like they are charging $60 for a single-played campaign, which while I think it will be an awesome campaign, seems to be a bit much for what's on offer. I'll be getting it on Gamepass so it's not like it's a huge loss, but I would have bought it straight up had the game launched like it should have.

You could just play something else until co op is ready. Lots of bangers on other consoles ATM.

VAVA Mk2

Cool, bring on Halo strikes and raids with more dynamism please.
I enjoy the sarcasm but I mean Halo Infinite is a shell for future installments (campaigns and MP stuff) to be added at an annual basis for campaign expansions and seasonal MP adds and sandbox changes.

It's such a HUGE disappointment to me. To me a launch Halo game IS a Co-op game. It's the way I've experienced every Halo game, it's how I was introduced to the franchise and the Xbox as a whole and to not have one of the biggest features ready to go day 1 is absolutely disappointing. They should have just delayed it until the package was ready. Release the MP as they did and then the whole package for release. I mean, it's really like they are charging $60 for a single-played campaign, which while I think it will be an awesome campaign, seems to be a bit much for what's on offer. I'll be getting it on Gamepass so it's not like it's a huge loss, but I would have bought it straight up had the game launched like it should have.
A new engine and an open world creates a challenge that other Halo games have never seen. It’s one thing to have level by level progression, it’s something else when two players are at different spots of the game. This is something that most likely needs some sorting out. Not to mention, it’s not something they just want to slap together.

Last edited:
Like i said many times, i'm very slow with open world games.

Sure it's not gonna be 50 hours, but if the game is 25 hours for you, you can easily add another 10 hours for my run.

Every game I've always been told is 10 hours, I've taken at least twice or 3 times that amount. It took me nearly 2 years to beat the first Mass Effect, for example. It took me like 4 months to beat Quantum Break. 5 weeks to beat the original Max Payne. I put more time into my games, always have.

GymWolf

Every game I've always been told is 10 hours, I've taken at least twice or 3 times that amount. It took me nearly 2 years to beat the first Mass Effect, for example. It took me like 4 months to beat Quantum Break. 5 weeks to beat the original Max Payne. I put more time into my games, always have.
I'm usually the same but mostly because i explore a lot and play on max difficulty (so more deaths and time wasted).

I probably never finished a game in less than 10 hours except maybe the order and titanfall 2 campaign.

But i don't take long pause like you, the only time it happened was with unchy4 because that thing is a shitty paced boredom of a game.

Last edited:
I'm usually the same but mostly because i explore a lot and play on max difficulty (so more deaths and time wasted).

I probably never finished a game in less than 10 hours except maybe the order and titanfall 2 campaign.

But i don't take long pause like you, the only time it happened was with unchy4 because that thing is a shitty paced boredom of a game.

Yea, I take my time with the games I invest my time into. I use to rush through them and beat them fast, but after doing so, I'd hate to see online just how much I missed out on by not simply taking my time and taking in the world and the whole experience. Games are meant to be experienced, not simply just beat. And since then I'm just been taking my time with all the ones I like.

I enjoy the sarcasm but I mean Halo Infinite is a shell for future installments (campaigns and MP stuff) to be added at an annual basis for campaign expansions and seasonal MP adds and sandbox changes.
No sarcasm mate. I have half a dozen Halo buds that we all went through Halo coop campaigns, Destiny 1 and most of D2 together. We're keen as for PvE with Infinite, sucks it ain't there are launch. They'll have regular content post launch, likely just not the first 6 months long season. Clearly the game was still coming in hot.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

No sarcasm mate. I have half a dozen Halo buds that we all went through Halo coop campaigns, Destiny 1 and most of D2 together. We're keen as for PvE with Infinite, sucks it ain't there are launch. They'll have regular content post launch, likely just not the first 6 months long season. Clearly the game was still coming in hot.
Ah cool yeah I got into Destiny and Destiny 2 in the beginning too with my friends but the grind got to us.

Ah cool yeah I got into Destiny and Destiny 2 in the beginning too with my friends but the grind got to us.
aa387dd0c689364d58d0df917764a3ef.gif

The Destiny 2 grind was beyond a joke. Same reason our friends/clan fell apart and stopped playing. So much grinding just to play high level content with gear you were forced to swap out all the time. Glad Infinite isn't down that route, hopefully if/when they implement coop or PvE it's not like that.

I'm really hoping there are different biomes. If not, I'm gonna be disappointed.

This is the primary biome of a Halo ring. Isn't it more important that you get very varied, different looking levels to play in? This game pretty much proves that won't be an issue right out of the gate. And there are sub biomes within the main biome, 3 that are confirmed. Marshy Swamplands, Mountainous Highlands, The Deadlands (a war torn area showing all the destruction and the signs of the war that took place) the hex walls are a crucial part of the look as well, you have hidden cave systems, forerunner interiors, banished interiors, likely human interiors. Visual diversity won't be an issue, and that much is clear from the art direction.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm really hoping there are different biomes. If not, I'm gonna be disappointed.
I swear If I never hear the word biome again after this releases I will not be disappointed. Who ever the fuck invented this shit needs to be taken out back and shot.

On a side note, I just watched the extra life thingy over on twitch and holy fuck this game looks so good. Like they said on the stream super exciting that this is just going to grow over time. What a base to start from.

Hopefully a campaign expansion every year or 2, new maps, old maps, firefight, new weapons, classic weapons. What a canvas to paint on. looks like the Destiny model but x10 better. And all on game pass. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:
Im with you but they've confirmed there isnt. But i'm going in with an open mind so I will see if they are able to pull it off

I think they considering the integration of forerunner and banished areas

clarky

Gold Member
Is the PC version supposed to have some decent graphical improvements compared to series x? Campaign obviously
I'd say expect slightly better visuals and draw distances compared to series x quality mode but as many frames as your rig can push.

Edit: Source my ass obviously but its normally right.

Last edited:
Im with you but they've confirmed there isnt. But i'm going in with an open mind so I will see if they are able to pull it off

I think they considering the integration of forerunner and banished areas
That is super disappointing. The scenery is going to get old real fast. Even in the first game, we had a variety of environments to see. Man, at least give me a snow section of the map!

Sakura

I really don't like the Banished.
Apparently they are so strong and formidable that even the Covenant at their height couldn't come close to defeating them.
Yet, they only have like 1 fucking ship, and they couldn't even defeat the decades old Spirit of Fire, and ended up losing their ship to them.
They just seem like a really lazy way to bring back the Covenant as the enemy without bringing back the Covenant.

YukiOnna

I really don't like the Banished.
Apparently they are so strong and formidable that even the Covenant at their height couldn't come close to defeating them.
Yet, they only have like 1 fucking ship, and they couldn't even defeat the decades old Spirit of Fire, and ended up losing their ship to them.
They just seem like a really lazy way to bring back the Covenant as the enemy without bringing back the Covenant.
I agree the faction as a whole feels like they were written to be neo-Covenant, but I specifically like Atriox's background/motivations a lot more than the Prophet's, Tartarus, or Guilty Spark. Hopefully they come off as more convincing group throughout the story.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

To prepare you for Halo Infinite, we've gathered everything you need to know about the campaign and the multiplayer.

Halo Infinite is one of Microsoft's biggest upcoming games, and while it missed its original release date as an Xbox Series X|S launch title, the free-to-play multiplayer beta had a surprise launch and the campaign is right around the corner.

In this video, we talk about everything you need to know about Halo Infinite before it's release. From the campaign's story and gameplay to the multiplayer's new weapons and gadget types.

Halo Infinite's campaign launches on December 8th for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

Top Bottom