• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite full day-and-night cycle with dynamic lighting, shadows and ambience.

mansoor1980

clouds are volumetric too
BleakObedientBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Emet_bp

Clouds are volumetric which is nice.. but i looks like clouds shadows on the ground are faked and don't resemble clouds shape or position at all. It looks like it's just a shadow texture moving along the map...
Overalll game looks good... for an early PS4 / Xbox one era game but in 4K.

Clouds are volumetric which is nice.. but i looks like clouds shadows on the ground are faked and don't resemble clouds shape or position at all. It looks like it's just a shadow texture moving along the map...
That's a ridiculous assumption, faked shadows? 😅 what would be the point? The shadows are still calculated within the engine so they're not saving on performance and secondly you're wrong.

Batiman

Banned
Is it still the plan to keep updating this game over the years? Would be awesome if they kept growing the world over the years until it reaches like BOTW size. Maybe even leave the ring to another planet or something for a few missions etc.

CuNi

It would have to, to get sunlight.
Maybe other halos had artificial light?
Why does it need to orbit a sun? It could even sit statically in a solar system and still have a day/night cycle.
The ring only needs to rotate and be angled towards the sun so that at "night", the sun is behind the back of that ring segment. That would create a day night cycle without the need for the halo to orbit a sun or anything else.

Is it still the plan to keep updating this game over the years? Would be awesome if they kept growing the world over the years until it reaches like BOTW size. Maybe even leave the ring to another planet or something for a few missions etc.
That plan hasn't changed AFAIK. I could even see later game sections only get prettier since they will have to drop Xbox One eventually. This game is planned to be a "10 year" game, there is no way they plan to support OG Xbox 10 more years.

Last edited:
Well this is an unknown currently but its possible the new Halo game in development takes place on a different part of Zeta Halo. Would save a huge amount of development time if that was possible. I guess it depends on how big the Halo ring is that 343 created. As you say adding to it is also possible.

Really? Does ANYBODY care that they're faking it? And then I love the early ps4 xbox one era dig at the end. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Time to stop wasting my time on these troll threads. I see what the mentality around this game is like. Shame the early xbox one and ps4 era game looks much better than both COD Vanguard and Battlefield 2042. Wonder how that happened.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Really? Does ANYBODY care that they're faking it? And then I love the early ps4 xbox one era dig at the end. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Time to stop wasting my time on these troll threads. I see what the mentality around this game is like. Shame the early xbox one and ps4 era game looks much better than both COD Vanguard and Battlefield 2042. Wonder how that happened.
Just ignore and report, when they get enough reports mods take action.

Denton

One thing I hate about volumetric clouds is how blurry they always are in these games.

Morrowind from 2002 had amazing clouds and skies, sure they were 2D texture but it looked better than this blurry stuff.
And wish night was darker.

Other than that it does look nice.

Still, my favourite timelapses..

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If this reviews well these threads are going to be carnage :messenger_tears_of_joy:

When did people stop caring if their posts seemed literally insane or not? Early PS4?

The game almost certainly will review well.
Especially since alot of outfits are reviewing MP and Campaign separately so people have two opportunities' to get banned.
Guv5uZx.gif

MrFunSocks

Banned
I have never been impressed by any games dynamic clouds. Maybe someday they will figure out good cloud simulation for reasonable hardware budget.
Forza Horizon 3 is still unmatched IMO. Looks photorealistic (because it mostly is actually real) and behaves just as well.

Top Bottom