• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite livestream interrupted by secret teaser

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/halo-infinite-livestream-interrupted-by-secret-teaser

Last night's Halo Infinite Season 2 Community Livestream was interrupted by a secret teaser, which fans speculate hints at the game's rumoured battle royale mode.

The teaser, which played while 343 Industries community director Brian Jarrard and community manager John Junyszek were going through cosmetic unlocks in the Season 2 Battle Pass, showed the logo for a company called "Lux Voluspa" before we hear two voices panicking about a "missing core".

anthony2690

Banned
I hope Halo Infinite has a presence to Xbox's upcoming event, I love the game myself and looking forward to May 3rd to dive back in, I have like 30 exp boosts though thanks to game pass :')

gcH8MBM.gif

YukiOnna

I'm in dire need of content so I'd welcome the Battle Royale introduction to keep me going till the Single Player Expansion.

Banned
Don't understand the BR obsession. The point of Halo for me was a well crafted 4v4 map to shit on the other team until they quit or lost.

well BR modes are the arena shooter concept turned up to 11, so Halo is the absolute perfect candidate for a BR.

and it needs something to bring back players.

I'm actually trying to play it as I type this, and I'm waiting in the queue for more than 4 minutes already...
the playerbase has been fucking decimated to say the least.

I thought I'll hop in today to see the state of the game, and I'm kinda shocked even tho I knew the playerbase is in a bad state, I didn't expect it to be THIS bad

edit: 6 Minutes in, no game found still, in SWAT as well, which in the last was always among the most popular Halo Playlists

edit2: 8 minutes

edit3: 10 Minutes... I'm giving up at this point. the game is so fucking dead, holy shit

Last edited:

BlackTron

well BR modes are the arena shooter concept turned up to 11, so Halo is the absolute perfect candidate for a BR.

I'm actually trying to play it as I type this, and I'm waiting in the queue for more than 4 minutes already...

I thought I'll hop in today to see the state of the game, and I'm kinda shocked even tho I knew the playerbase is in a bad state, I didn't expect it to be THIS bad

edit: 6 Minutes in, no game found still, in SWAT as well, which in the last was always among the most popular Halo Playlists

edit3: 10 Minutes... I'm giving up at this point. the game is so fucking dead, holy shit

I didn't realize it was so dead because I usually do BTB with the occasional normal game. Don't have any problems.

That's a really sad state for Halo to be in. I can tell you even though I play the game daily I've never spent any money on it and have no interest in the progression system/cosmetics/whatever...like at all. It seems like a waste of attention.

Banned
I didn't realize it was so dead because I usually do BTB with the occasional normal game. Don't have any problems.

That's a really sad state for Halo to be in. I can tell you even though I play the game daily I've never spent any money on it and have no interest in the progression system/cosmetics/whatever...like at all. It seems like a waste of attention.

you have to play in highly populated hours in your region to find matches.

even in MCC I can usually find matches real fast, and I have servers limited to europe there too 🤷 it's really bad at times

SteadyEvo

Don't understand the BR obsession. The point of Halo for me was a well crafted 4v4 map to shit on the other team until they quit or lost.
I’m guessing they’re chasing Fortnite and COD money. I think battle royale is pure shit and cannot wait for the trend to die.

ZywyPL

Banned

Not teally. It looks like that at the first glance, but in reality the weapon selection in Infinite is close to zero, as oppose to other BR games on the market, where looting is a huge part of the whole BR concept. I have absolutely no doubts that everyone, and I do mean everyone whether it's a 50, 80, 100, 150 or 200 players mode, will be running with the exact same sniper/battle rifle combo, because everything else is just too situational, whereas battle rifle is just way too good across the board, close-, mid- and long-range. And on huge open BR map sniper rifle is the only logical secondary to compliment the battle rifle. Long story short, chances are this will be the most repetitive and boring BRever made.

Last edited:

BlackTron

you have to play in highly populated hours in your region to find matches.

even in MCC I can usually find matches real fast, and I have servers limited to europe there too 🤷 it's really bad at times

Maybe I should try MCC again. I was hyped to play Halo 1 on PC again and Reach for the first time, but it wasn't really the experience of playing Halo was clamoring for.

But now they added server browsers back so I guess I'll try again but man...this is 343's problem. Even me, a huge lover of Halo who wants to be playing it and even BOUGHT the stuff on PC, just flat out gave up from waiting so long in disappointment that by the time the full game was finally there, I just hardly cared anymore.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The point of Halo for me was a well crafted 4v4 map to shit on the other team until they quit or lost.

Developers don't like it when players get shit on and quit, as they tend not to come back.

This BR mode will breath life back into Halo.

Last edited:

As of now Splitgate has a faster queue times. This post isn't a knock against Halo as I want it's multiplayer to succeed, but I'm simply offering an Halo-type alternative game if you don't want long queues.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Developers don't like it when players get shit on and quit, as they tend not to come back.

This BR mode will breath life back into Halo.
Also, it's not like a BR mode will end other modes

I think it's good for business and the community

Top Bottom