• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Naked Lunch

I don't like lady luck to fuck up with my competitive game, this isn't Mario Kart.
Thats why ranked is in there.
Halo has a shitload of silly fun modes that will likely be upcoming like Grifball, Rocket Race, and Infection.

Fiesta in this game is awesome because you start with a full deck of equipment. Grapple Hooking around maps that dont usually have the pickup with power weapons is crazy stupid fun.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
i do understand. I just find it funny how upset people are over cosmetics, when the game has released, absolutely free of charge, and playing so well. They nailed the most important part. Easily. That I stand by 100%.

Critique, sure, but it just feels disproportionate, all things considered.

I don't think you are paying attention to everyone's complaints. Specifically a lot of pro players and youtubers who all are saying the core gameplay is fucking great. But past the things like weapon damage/meta corrections that need to happen. The bigger issue is content to keep people playing.

This game can be played with teams and is suppose to be in all honesty for a lot of modes like ball, CTF, Stronghold. But there are no playlists currently to filter what you want to work on, and some challenges are tied to game modes. Even if we take XP/Challenge system out of the equation. You still have like 3-4 modes, and hardly any maps.

COD vanguard literally launched with like 20 maps. The only excuse is Halo MP is F2P. But if you want to keep people playing this game instead of Battlefield/COD which gameplay wise Halo beats them without question.

But to compete, with other shooters and to keep people engaged when Modern Warfare 2 comes out next year time is not on their side.

I dont know how this was not seen internally and questioned is what a lot of us are asking and scratching our heads.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I don't think you are paying attention to everyone's complaints. Specifically a lot of pro players and youtubers who all are saying the core gameplay is fucking great. But past the things like weapon damage/meta corrections that need to happen. The bigger issue is content to keep people playing.

This game can be played with teams and is suppose to be in all honesty for a lot of modes like ball, CTF, Stronghold. But there are no playlists currently to filter what you want to work on, and some challenges are tied to game modes. Even if we take XP/Challenge system out of the equation. You still have like 3-4 modes, and hardly any maps.

COD vanguard literally launched with like 20 maps. The only excuse is Halo MP is F2P. But if you want to keep people playing this game instead of Battlefield/COD which gameplay wise Halo beats them without question.

But to compete, with other shooters and to keep people engaged when Modern Warfare 2 comes out next year time is not on their side.

I dont know how this was not seen internally and questioned is what a lot of us are asking and scratching our heads.
I agree that there should be more playlists and maps, but we are still technically in the beta, so I expect all of that to come along soon. I think this is pretty dang good so far.

My comment was referring to people complaining over a lack of progression and unlocks, but I don't mean to say that is everyone's only complaint.

Papacheeks

Banned
I agree that there should be more playlists and maps, but we are still technically in the beta, so I expect all of that to come along soon. I think this is pretty dang good so far.

My comment was referring to people complaining over a lack of progression and unlocks, but I don't mean to say that is everyone's only complaint.
Here;s where you are not paying attention. 343 has already stated that what is in the beta is what we get when it launches in December with the Campaign. As in maps/modes/battle pass is what it is until sometime next year.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Here;s where you are not paying attention. 343 has already stated that what is in the beta is what we get when it launches in December with the Campaign. As in maps/modes/battle pass is what it is until sometime next year.
Again, I am talking about progression system and unlocks discussion.

As for other complaints, I can see the validity. At the same time, I'm pretty satisfied with what we have so far and can wait a few months for big updates.
Aside from that, I expect them to constantly be updating the game until then. Example: the fiesta mode that was just temporarily implemented.

Last edited:

Connxtion

controller is OP as fuck in this game. so this is the only game where I get M&K players being annoyed
You on PC? as on console (XSX) there doesn’t seem to be any aim assist and I can’t find any option to enable/disabled it.

Some one said elsewhere that FOV also can affect it 🤷‍♂️ Am running at 90 for FOV and I feel zero aim assist, half my shots miss 😂 especially the pistol.

ManaByte

Suspicious John Rambo GIF

GloveSlap

The grappleshot is indeed one of the best things about the game. I ended up switching my lb button from sprint to equipment just so i could use it (and thruster/deflect) well.

i do understand. I just find it funny how upset people are over cosmetics, when the game has released, absolutely free of charge, and playing so well. They nailed the most important part. Easily. That I stand by 100%.

Critique, sure, but it just feels disproportionate, all things considered.

People want good customisation and progression. It's an expectation not only set by other f2p games doing it much better than this, but also by 343 themselves. They hyped it up as an amazing part of the game that's actually going to respect their players, but ended up delivering the shittiest system yet instead. People are rightfully pissed.

If you don't dangle the carrot then people aren't going to stick around. Whether it's free to play or not is irrelevent.

Last edited:

Amaranty

People want good customisation and progression. It's an expectation not only set by other f2p games doing it much better than this, but also by 343 themselves. They hyped it up as an amazing part of the game that's actually going to respect their players, but ended up delivering the shittiest system yet instead. People are rightfully pissed.

If you don't dangle the carrot then people aren't going to stick around. Whether it's free to play or not is irrelevent.
I think the battle passes are hard to progress because they don't expire, like in other free to play games.

SafeOrAlone

Banned

I sympathize that 343 hyped something up and have failed to deliver on it, but you sort of lose me when you say people are "rightfully pissed".

The game is free. And it plays great. People are pissed because they can't equip enough cosmetics? I don't understand. And we laugh at what do not understand.

I sympathize that 343 hyped something up and have failed to deliver on it, but you sort of lose me when you say people are "rightfully pissed".

The game is free. And it plays great. People are pissed because they can't equip enough cosmetics? I don't understand. And we laugh at what do not understand.

Again, the fact that "it's free" is irrelevant. We're not looking at this as a free to play game. We're looking at this as the next premium Halo game. They were the ones who decided to make it free to play since it gives them to opportunity to net more money, which is fine, but they're still going to get rightfully scrutinized for the shit systems and design choices.

They nailed the gameplay but that's it. They need to do much more than that to stay competitive in this environment. You can laugh if you want, but 343 won't be if they don't solve this mess.

Last edited:

jakinov

Again, the fact that "it's free" is irrelevant. We're not looking at this as a free to play game. We're looking at this as the next premium Halo game. They were the ones who decided to make it free to play since it gives them to opportunity to net more money, which is fine, but they're still going to get rightfully scrutinized for the shit systems and design choices.

They nailed the gameplay but that's it. They need to do much more than that to stay competitive in this environment. You can laugh if you want, but 343 won't be if they don't solve this mess.
I agree that there's always room for improvement but disagree on the part that it being free is irelevant. Some critisim is that they expect the same level of customization as previous halo games for free when it was a lot cheaper and easier to make low detailed customiszations and when you had to pay alot of money upfront. People need to stop defending 343 but they also need to temper their expectations.

SafeOrAlone

Banned

Saying "they nailed the gameplay but that's it" makes the gameplay seem like an afterthought.

I don't think being free to play is a "free pass" to put out a poor product. Like you said, it's a model they chose, and no one wants to have their time wasted by a crappy game enticing them to spend their money.
But I do think being "pissed" about cosmetics, when the game is free and plays so well, might be overboard.

I will circle back around and say again that I do think the progression system needs work, if only because the challenges interfere with teamwork.

Last edited:

How does Apex and Fortnite do it? Those are the staples of F2P in the industry.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Challenge swaps are your friend.
Unfortunately it's part of the event so I have to complete it.

Challenge Swaps don't generate new challenges from what I can tell, they just swap out a current challenge with one of the upcoming challenges

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
I've had three crashes in the last two days, including two today. Anyone else having this/ have an idea of the source of the problem?

Last edited:

jakinov

Challenge Swaps don't generate new challenges from what I can tell, they just swap out a current challenge with one of the upcoming challenges
If you swap you never have to do that challenge again. What I can't tell you is if the challenge gets deleted and u have less challenges but it's either that or you have the same and it swaps it out for a new one. There's really tedious ones i swapped out and never had to do.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If you swap you never have to do that challenge again. What I can't tell you is if the challenge gets deleted and u have less challenges but it's either that or you have the same and it swaps it out for a new one. There's really tedious ones i swapped out and never had to do.
Then I've had some shit luck because I've swapped out three challenges and they've returned, although they were regular ones and not event challenges

jakinov

Then I've had some shit luck because I've swapped out three challenges and they've returned, although they were regular ones and not event challenges
You sure they aren't variants? Like I would get one to pancake 5 enemies and my friend would get one to pancake 1 enemy. Or do this N times and my friend gets one do that M times.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
You sure they aren't variants? Like I would get one to pancake 5 enemies and my friend would get one to pancake 1 enemy. Or do this N times and my friend gets one do that M times.
One was Headshots with a sniper rifle while looking down a scope, that returned twice, other was 10 assists.

I'll use another challenge swap when I've only got one weekly left and see what happens.

Last edited:
One was Headshots with a sniper rifle while looking down a scope, that returned twice, other was 10 assists.

I'll use another challenge swap when I've only got one weekly left and see what happens.
I had two assist ones in my event challenges that were almost identical except one was: ‘Get 20 assists in Fiesta matches’ and the other was ‘Get 20 assists in PvP Fiesta matches’ which seems stupid but maybe it’s something like that?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Ah, yeah that does suck. I didn't get that challenge thankfully.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Maybe it's because I'm trash at finishing off kills, but I find getting assists easy. Well not easy, but at least 4-5+ a game just usually happens for me.

I'm so done with Fiesta mode though. It's pure chaos best in small doses and not a mode I care to be grinding in. Going back to Quick Play was a breath of fresh air...until I had two challenges for CTF and Slayer and kept getting Oddball and Stronghold matches over and over, like some sort of cruel joke.

anthony2690

Banned
Saying "they nailed the gameplay but that's it" makes the gameplay seem like an afterthought.

I'm not sure I agree, wouldn't it mean everything else was an after thought after the gameplay, if they nailed the gameplay?

The gameplay is honestly the most fun I've had in forever.

But the game definitely has a lot of things that can be improved upon, like playlists etc.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah personally I'd like a rank reset and the playlist expanded on the 8th. Cant see why not, the player base is there.

jigglet

Banned
Does anyone else notice a slight delay from when you go to pick something up and when it's actually picked up? Not sure if it's my internet or some sort of animation delay.

meanspartan

While I certainly don't applaud the practices (separate paint per armor set, really? Lol) I just can't bring myself to be outraged when it is f2p. Just make your spartan whatever free color you like best and enjoy.

Papacheeks

Banned
Literally had a friend get a temp ban because his game crashed twice in same map. Fucking fix your broken shit. If your not going to have custom lists don’t penalize players who don’t want to play shit they don’t like.

There is a shit map that it always puts us in for CTF. And it’s super aggravating.

Seriously December 8 will make or break this game in terms of what they fix.

Last edited:

Helghan

Literally had a friend get a temp ban because his game crashed twice in same map. Fucking fix your broken shit. If your not going to have custom lists don’t penalize players who don’t want to play shit they don’t like.

There is a shit map that it always puts us in for CTF. And it’s super aggravating.

I don't expect too many fixes, the team is on holiday at the moment

Banned

there will be no fixes on december 8th, they already basically said publicly that their team is basically already half way out the door getting ready for the Holidays.
this misconception that this is actually a Beta has to die... this is not a beta. this is the final product that they originally planned to launch in december, but pushed out early as a surprise and as a strategy to generate hype.
THAT IS OFFICIAL, they officially said that... this is the launch version of the game. Changes will take a while (also officially stated by the team) and they are not sure what to change and how yet either. all they say is "they hear the feedback" and that's it.

I guess making individual playlists like classic halo did, with a Slayer playlist and an objective based playlist should be pretty easy, but even that I would not be so sure will come soon... would be great if it did, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Banned
I completed my weekly challenges and there are no more fiesta challenges. I guess I need to wait to unlock more event shit.

they literally split the event out over 3 months... that is not a joke, this is actually how they gonna do it...
so you basically have all week to finish all the available challenges. then the event will be completely gone until JANUARY... at which point you will be able to progress further into the event pass... after that 1 week in January, it will go on hold AGAIN until February, at which point the final week of the event will be held and you will be able to actually finish it.

this is the worst event structure ever conceived for a live service game... it is so mindbogglingly stupid that it's hard to even describe without it sounding like some parody or made up shit

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
there will be no fixes on december 8th, they already basically said publicly that their team is basically already half way out the door getting ready for the Holidays.
this misconception that this is actually a Beta has to die... this is not a beta. this is the final product that they originally planned to launch in december, but pushed out early as a surprise and as a strategy to generate hype.
THAT IS OFFICIAL, they officially said that... this is the launch version of the game. Changes will take a while (also officially stated by the team) and they are not sure what to change and how yet either. all they say is "they hear the feedback" and that's it.

I guess making individual playlists like classic halo did, with a Slayer playlist and an objective based playlist should be pretty easy, but even that I would not be so sure will come soon... would be great if it did, but I won't hold my breath.
Technically no, officially it is a beta. In reality it's not, but that's the official line.

Banned
Technically no, officially it is a beta. In reality it's not, but that's the official line.

it is officially a beta, but they also officially said that it has all the launch game content.

and the word beta lost all meaning by now... Fortnite was in "beta" until season 10

Top Bottom