• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Papacheeks

Banned
well if they say its in beta then its in beta

Watch Act Man's video he literally goes into detail on whats wrong with Infinite. And the beta thing I understand performance, and weapon meta things like that not being up in up and everyone accepts that. But when 343 literally made announcement of MP being released early then going on to state that what is in beta is in final release, what does that make it? A beta usually doesn't give you access to everything thats in the game content wise when talking about MP.
They give you a taste and mainly test for certain server loads and see how the game reacts engine wise.
The whole "beta" thing honestly is them calling it that because they want the positive outlook that if it falls short, it's a beta final release will have more. But thats not what is happening.
We all Drank the Kool-aid, and now that the current season was extended by extra 3 months its clear that content wise this is what we have for launch. New content is sometime 2022, and Forge/Co-op is rumored to not be out until sometime May.

Go ahead and cheer lead, it's obvious this game was coming in hot, and they are trying to turn around all negative buzz from all the reporting that happened on the games difficult development.
I like many others who are enjoying the game, will call it as I see it. I mean the game crashing, shit UI, custom playlists being broken, I actually can forgive because of the Beta nature those things are what a beta is for. To work out bugs. But now that we've been playing for a week, its now apparent that minus the bugs/ content wise this is what we get.

And for longevity, thats not a good thing. The same thing happened to Halo 5, and think people have a right to voice their opinions in how that game turned out and how long it tool to make it feature, content complete. ESPECIALLY when you compare 343's releases with Bungie.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Lack of melee lunge is quite something to get used to lol... Anyways I'm still having fun learning the maps, weapon and powerup locations etc. Nades on Infinite to practice throwing distance... Bots on recruit lol. Just getting my grips on all...

Btw games is still a looker on my OG Xbone. But I have a feeling that's not going to apply to the campaign.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
What are you settings?

My ssensitivity for X 1 and 1.5 for Y.

No acceleration

Last edited:
30 hours of playtime so far and I have some thoughts about potential fixes that could be implemented.

More maps and modes is an obvious one, but that will come with time. I do hope they will add some classic fan favourites with a fresh coat of paint.

Gunplay feels great, but there are many weapons where I simply don't understand which role they're meant to play. Now I will say the BR, Skewer, Sniper, Sidekick, Needler, Disruptor and Shock Rifle all feel very well balanced and good to use, but some of the other weapons are straight up broken or non-functioning. The Plasma Carbine for example is quite frankly un-useable, it's a slow projectile 5 burst which doesn't output enough damage. The Spanker's splash is far too large (I'm getting hit by it in separate rooms when missiles hit exterior walls that I am nowhere near). The AR is in a good place but needs to not have so much range. The shotgun is shit, lets face it.

I think the energy sword needs a greater lunge distance too. I also don't know wtf they did to the Commando but it feels fairly weak and doesn't perform like it did in the Test Flight.

Cindershot and Heatwave are both weird to me. I don't much care for either of them simply because it can feel like a lottery when using them and the speed if projectiles in this game are so damn slow. (I'm also no good at bouncing their projectiles but that's a me problem)

For situational information and greater awareness, I think the minimap needs to have a larger range. I don't want to chase red dots like a CoD game, but it currently doesn't provide any purpose for enemies who aren't already right on top of you. I'm already struggling to hear where enemies are so a better minimap could somewhat offset this issue.

I also think there needs to be timers and names under the weapon/grenade/ability spawns as I never know where anything is or how long I might have to wait to grab a weapon I am more comfortable with. Especially as spawns aren't set in the same spots each game. They already do it for the special weapons so why not the lesser ones also? It wouldn't even have to be displayed at all times either. Just let me aim at it and see how long the countdown refresh is.

I don't have anything more to offer about the progression path because I actually like the changes they've already made. I do think there should be additional XP granted for objective based modes or performing to a certain standard for example. Maybe a multiplier for games played in a row (up to a certain threshold) even if it means making the levels require more than 1000 XP.

Other than that, I am fully invested and loving this game. I don't get the weird complaints about people already dropping the game because they can't unlock shiny digital shit. Who fucking cares? The game is fun as hell and plays brilliantly.

Edit: Also the Ravager is just garbage from what I can tell?

Last edited:

G-DannY

I also think there needs to be timers and names under the weapon/grenade/ability spawns as I never know where anything is or how long I might have to wait to grab a weapon I am more comfortable with. Especially as spawns aren't set in the same spots each game. They already do it for the special weapons so why not the lesser ones also? It wouldn't even have to be displayed at all times either. Just let me aim at it and see how long the countdown refresh is.

There is a blue respawn progress bar above every weapon spawn locker... (bar being red if weapon is in use)

Sakura

30 hours of playtime so far and I have some thoughts about potential fixes that could be implemented.

More maps and modes is an obvious one, but that will come with time. I do hope they will add some classic fan favourites with a fresh coat of paint.

Gunplay feels great, but there are many weapons where I simply don't understand which role they're meant to play. Now I will say the BR, Skewer, Sniper, Sidekick, Needler, Disruptor and Shock Rifle all feel very well balanced and good to use, but some of the other weapons are straight up broken or non-functioning. The Plasma Carbine for example is quite frankly un-useable, it's a slow projectile 5 burst which doesn't output enough damage. The Spanker's splash is far too large (I'm getting hit by it in separate rooms when missiles hit exterior walls that I am nowhere near). The AR is in a good place but needs to not have so much range. The shotgun is shit, lets face it.

I think the energy sword needs a greater lunge distance too. I also don't know wtf they did to the Commando but it feels fairly weak and doesn't perform like it did in the Test Flight.

Cindershot and Heatwave are both weird to me. I don't much care for either of them simply because it can feel like a lottery when using them and the speed if projectiles in this game are so damn slow. (I'm also no good at bouncing their projectiles but that's a me problem)

For situational information and greater awareness, I think the minimap needs to have a larger range. I don't want to chase red dots like a CoD game, but it currently doesn't provide any purpose for enemies who aren't already right on top of you. I'm already struggling to hear where enemies are so a better minimap could somewhat offset this issue.

I don't have anything more to offer about the progression path because I actually like the changes they've already made. I do think there should be additional XP granted for objective based modes or performing to a certain standard for example. Maybe a multiplier for games played in a row (up to a certain threshold) even if it means making the levels require more than 1000 XP.

Other than that, I am fully invested and loving this game. I don't get the weird complaints about people already dropping the game because they can't unlock shiny digital shit. Who fucking cares? The game is fun as hell and plays brilliantly.

Edit: Also the Ravager is just garbage from what I can tell?
The cindershot you can control the projectiles while zoomed in. Ravager charge shot is ok.

There is a blue respawn progress bar above every weapon spawn locker... (bar being red if weapon is in use)

Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

The cindershot you can control the projectiles while zoomed in. Ravager charge shot is ok.
I think I just struggle in general with the projectiles in this game. It'll likely just be a time investment into better understanding how they work as I am currently quite happy sticking to what I know. Fiesta has been good for better familiarising myself with some weapons though, so that's a plus.

Not having server/region selection is going to kill this game in Australia again. FFS. Party of 4 Aussies and we have to endure matches with 130ms ping every other game

8 mins and another 120ms game with rounds of oddball on a tight map with swords and overshields just killing you before it even registers on the radar or audio.

Yep, party fell apart because we're all sick of it. Menu > quit, xbox > off.

The hubris of developers not launching with players in control of regions/servers is a fucking joke. Fix your shit 343, game release after game release.

Sakura

I think I just struggle in general with the projectiles in this game. It'll likely just be a time investment into better understanding how they work as I am currently quite happy sticking to what I know. Fiesta has been good for better familiarising myself with some weapons though, so that's a plus.
This could be helpful

There was stuff about the weapons I didn't know.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
8 mins and another 120ms game with rounds of oddball on a tight map with swords and overshields just killing you before it even registers on the radar or audio.

Yep, party fell apart because we're all sick of it. Menu > quit, xbox > off.

The hubris of developers not launching with players in control of regions/servers is a fucking joke. Fix your shit 343, game release after game release.

You could choose servers/ping state in MCC

G-DannY

I feel the same as that first guy. I'm level 27 and haven't paid for any boosts. Doesn't seem slow anymore. The rewards are not great still though.

after you complete all your weekly challenges and have only to "play" with 50xp every game, then it becomes slow as hell

but it's ok. I wish we had only a bit more of starting options for customization

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
after you complete all your weekly challenges and have only to "play" with 50xp every game, then it becomes slow as hell

but it's ok. I wish we had only a bit more of starting options for customization
This is true, but I really don't pay attention to it. I do hope the challenges go away and are replaced with a match based merit reward, but even so, I don't want progression to be much faster. If we can run through the BP in a week, what are we going to do for the rest of the season?

Last edited:

G-DannY

This is true, but I really don't pay attention to it. I do hope the challenges go away and are replaced with a match based merit reward, but even so, I don't want progression to be much faster. If we can run through the BP in a week, what are we going to do for the rest of the season?

yep, medal/objective score xp would be the best for BP progression, maybe leaving challenges (and making them HARD and long) just to directly unlock unique items not obtainable from xp progression only, and without timegating

Leyasu

Banned
Once they get their content team up to speed and can release a new season every 40-60 days, then they will completely change the xp system. Until then, they won’t do anything.

Marvel

could never
Plasma Carbine's function is to strip shields immediately, swap to your secondary as soon as you do for the headshot. But you're obviously fucked if you are using it for a challenge lol

Last edited:

Graciaus

I see a lot of complaints from longtime Halo fans, this is my first halo and I have been having a ton of fun with multiplayer.
As a long time halo fan this is the best multi 343 has made. I say this as someone who thought 4 and 5 were garbage. It has potential to be just as good as bungies games.

Banned
I see a lot of complaints from longtime Halo fans, this is my first halo and I have been having a ton of fun with multiplayer.

yeah I mean, imagine 90% of the content old Halo games had is simply missing.
imagine custom lobbies having less options than in Halo 2, 17 years ago.
imagine the character customisation being worse than Halo 3, 14 years ago.

everyone who thinks this is acceptable after 6 years of development and a full year of delay is part of the reason games launch in completely barebones and unfinished, and part of the reason this will get worse and worse, which we already see in games like Battlefield 2042

Phase

this right here gives some perspective that shows what many Halo fans feel

I'm glad he focused on the more important issues, like lack of game modes, etc. My problem is all of the content missing, and it upsets me that slow dripping it is 343's strategy.

Also, I was playing customs with my brother earlier and it's pretty borked still. Lots of hanging when the maps are loading so I have to restart often, and settings not working (having to deselect and reselect to make a setting active). Then they don't work sometimes anyway. Lots of problems with the software in general and it's disappointing when there are perfects templates from previous games. I will say after about 10hrs I've had some fun, but even my brother's first criticism was how weird the aiming felt lol. Also, runs like poo on Xbox One X (what my brother has).

343 definitely should have been building and perfecting other systems already implemented in previous releases, but it seems the just want to build from scratch just like Dice and BF2042. Doesn't make any sense when you're making a new entry in an established series with defined mechanics that has a huge following already, especially when you release the new entry lacking a whole swath of features expected from players.

Last edited:
this right here gives some perspective that shows what many Halo fans feel

This video perfectly touches on all the issues with the game. Its gameplay is great and it is a fun game but too much content is missing right now and no one is talking about that.

They might be holding out until the official launch on Dec 8 but who knows

Stuart360

I feel its still present just toned down a lot...
It seems to be momentum based to me. If i'm moving forward fast towards an opponnant, i get quite abit of lunge. If i'm backing away from someone, there is hardly any lunge.
I suppose it makes ense really..

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It seems to be momentum based to me. If i'm moving forward fast towards an opponnant, i get quite abit of lunge. If i'm backing away from someone, there is hardly any lunge.
I suppose it makes ense really..

Remember Halo 2.. That was some magnetic flying lol!!! And pretty fun as well lol

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
yep, medal/objective score xp would be the best for BP progression, maybe leaving challenges (and making them HARD and long) just to directly unlock unique items not obtainable from xp progression only, and without timegating
Is it better to use that system but have it be the exact same speed as the current system? Seems like a silly ch age just to help people feel better about the wheel they’re on

Banned

if I keep up my pace I will be done with the pass in about 5 weeks, the season is 6 months long... so yeah it's really not much to do... which is one of this game's big issues as well.
Reach had a great progression system and had background stuff that expanded the replayability. while Infinite has 3 set playlists, 1 rotating one and a broken custom game system that is basically not usable atm.
there is not much there and they already said not much more will come anytime soon... this is REALLY bad for the longevity of the game

Is it better to use that system but have it be the exact same speed as the current system? Seems like a silly ch age just to help people feel better about the wheel they’re on

the issue with the system is that it completely fucks with the game. people manipulate games in order to prolong them so that certain vehicles spawn, or they refuse to pick up the flag/ball because they need kills with a certain weapon so all they do all match is sit there and wait for it to respawn.

the speed is not an issue whatsoever, it is purly an issue with the gameplay that the extremely annoying challenges cultivate at the moment.
they make people leave games every time they get the wrong game mode, they make people sabotage the team or at the very least they make people play like absolute idiots which negatively affects the team

Last edited:

G-DannY

speed not concern me, same rhythm is ok

the premise to achieve things I hope change

Balboa

The number of times a teammate has been stood a few feet away whilst I'm in a fight and not even turned around to shoot is UNREAL, then I die and watch them get shot in the back by a guy with no health!
They need to do something about the audio there's no way so many players can be that oblivious

Banned
The number of times a teammate has been stood a few feet away whilst I'm in a fight and not even turned around to shoot is UNREAL, then I die and watch them get shot in the back by a guy with no health!
They need to do something about the audio there's no way so many players can be that oblivious

the audio is pretty weak and the radar has a way too small distance (the smallest in the series yet I believe)
couple that with the RIDICULOUSLY slow maximum controller sensitivity and you got yourself a hell of a shitshow when it comes to getting rushed from behind.

I honestly am thinking about switching back to Mouse and Keyboard because I just can't stand how fucking slow controller is -_- and I already complained about the max speed in fucking Apex, but that is lightspeed compared to Infinite
but the bullet magnet is just too enticing to skip on using controller atm... decisions, decisions :messenger_downcast_sweat: fast turn speed vs. free headshots :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom