• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Flintty

I had a bad run in my placement matches, including a couple of games with quitters, so I got Gold 1. Been ploughing through tonight though, absolutely smashing it and reached Gold 4. I never knew there were six ranks in each bracket 😫

Griffon

So I wanted to try to give in to the challenge system for the reward this week... and indeed, forcing yourself to do those inane task makes the game frustrating to play.
My recommendation? Dont do it. Fuck the rewards, ignore the challenges altogether and play the game normally. And if you really do want a skin, just buy it. Support the game while keeping your sanity and enjoying it as it should be, win-win.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
So I've been playing against bots for about an hour and a half now and I'd have to say I'm disappointing. They don't play anything like a human and they seem to always do the same thing. Example I think the map is called Live Fire instead of some rushing the power weapon at the start of the match they all go around. Recruit they don't have hands and Spartan isn't even hard either. They popshot you from super far away with perfect accuracy instantly but won't kill you. What is dangerous is they switch to the pistol from a BR and can obliterate you up close. Only tried this since it was the only way to get slayer every time.
They're bots, they're only there to stand in for players that leave until another person joins the game. Who cares about bots.

Uiki

The ranking system is so busted it's not even funny.

I play around diamond 3 ish with 3 other people (one higher, 2 the same as me) usually against upper diamond/low onyx. 1700 mmr give or take. We find teams around the same level and the system is working.. we are matching people of the same skill. You win and you get something like 1/20th of the bar to get to the next rank. You lose and sometimes the bar doesn't even move.

So far so good.

Today I played with a friend launching the game for the first time. We did 2 btb and went straight to ranked. Me, one platium 1, one gold 3 and the unranked friend. We matched teams around our mmr (900ish) and my friends performed like you expect. I did unusually good but it's expected, i was basically smurfing.

In 2 matches I went up a FULL RANK against people 1000 mmr lower than me. I don't really get it.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
The ranking system is so busted it's not even funny.

I play around diamond 3 ish with 3 other people (one higher, 2 the same as me) usually against upper diamond/low onyx. 1700 mmr give or take. We find teams around the same level and the system is working.. we are matching people of the same skill. You win and you get something like 1/20th of the bar to get to the next rank. You lose and sometimes the bar doesn't even move.

So far so good.

Today I played with a friend launching the game for the first time. We did 2 btb and went straight to ranked. Me, one platium 1, one gold 3 and the unranked friend. We matched teams around our mmr (900ish) and my friends performed like you expect. I did unusually good but it's expected, i was basically smurfing.

In 2 matches I went up a FULL RANK against people 1000 mmr lower than me. I don't really get it.
Where are you getting these MMR numbers from?

Got the 5 killing sprees for the final challenge, color only usable on one armor? Lols...

Well the event is for that set of armor, so it makes sense.

Last edited:

Banned
Well the event is for that set of armor, so it makes sense.

the color you get is not for the Event armor, it is for Mark VII
also the whole armor core system is the worst thing ever, and whoever came up with it should literally be fired... I say literally because I mean it, I am not joking. I think whoever came up with that should never be part of the development of any videogame ever again

Last edited:

Uiki

Where are you getting these MMR numbers from?
End of match recap in lobby.

Not my screenshot

m7psi60d9y181.png

MrFunSocks

Banned
the color you get is not for the Event armor, it is for Mark VII
also the whole armor core system is the worst thing ever, and whoever came up with it should literally be fired... I say literally because I mean it, I am not joking. I think whoever came up with that should never be part of the development of any videogame ever again
Oh well ignore that part haha. But even then, I don't have a problem with a certain armor being the only one that can use a part or colour. Why do you? It's the same as unlocking a skin for a certain gun - you don't usually unlock a skin for all guns at once.

End of match recap in lobby.

Not my screenshot

m7psi60d9y181.png
Oh nice, I've never noticed that before! Thanks, will be good to check that from now on. Some of the team lineups seem a bit bizarre - yesterday I beat a team that had an onyx low 1500s, a platinum 1, and then 2 unrankeds, with my team that was all platinums. I topped the scoreboard and went up almost half a level of Platinum 5 which I thought was a bit much.

Also has anyone else noticed that the "WINNER:.....| YOUR TEAM:...." text at the top is broken? Half the time when my team wins it says that the other team won or that I was on the other team lol.

I think everyone needs to settle down on the "WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO TURN OFF CROSSPLAY!" complaining and just make sure to make their feedback heard via the official channels. That way when the game comes out of beta and the team that works on the game is actually back in the office, they'll hopefully enable the other options in the drop down to opt out, and hopefully allow you to only opt out of PC because I still want to play against XB1 players.

Last edited:

Banned
Oh well ignore that part haha. But even then, I don't have a problem with a certain armor being the only one that can use a part or colour. Why do you? It's the same as unlocking a skin for a certain gun - you don't usually unlock a skin for all guns at once.

CONTEXT is why. if you make a sequel to a well established series and you shit all over that series' established character customization standards then all I will say to you is FUCK OFF...
and it's not only colors, it's also armor parts. in every halo game all the armor pieces were usable in combination with every other armor piece. now they arbitrarily locked them out by grouping them into separate armor cores, which significantly limits the possible looks you can give a spartan.

BUT IT GETS WORSE! some 343 shitfuck who might be the asshole who came up with that system lied publicly about not being able to change it that easily because the armor pieces are not designed with that functionality in mind.
how do we know that's a lie? because their bots in the game use armor sets that mix and match between different armor cores! so that is a blatant lie

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
CONTEXT is why. if you make a sequel to a well established series and you shit all over that series' established character customization standards then all I will say to you is FUCK OFF...
and it's not only colors, it's also armor parts. in every halo game all the armor pieces were usable in combination with every other armor piece. now they arbitrarily locked them out by grouping them into separate armor cores, which significantly limits the possible looks you can give a spartan.

BUT IT GETS WORSE! some 343 shitfuck who might be the asshole who came up with that system lied publicly about not being able to change it that easily because the armor pieces are not designed with that functionality in mind.
how do we know that's a lie? because their bots in the game use armor sets that mix and match between different armor cores! so that is a blatant lie
It doesn't matter what the previous game had, this isn't those games.

You seem to be one of the classic "nothing should ever change in halo" diehards. You just seem to want Halo 3 re-released over and over. If you *really* get this upset over the number of possible looks you can give a spartan in a first person shooter then I think you need to take a few steps back and just put the game away and play something else.

You hated Halo 5 and didn't play it, just take this on the chin and don't play Halo Infinite. It's not for you. I don't play Fortnite because I don't like it.

Last edited:

Banned
It doesn't matter what the previous game had, this isn't those games.

You seem to be one of the classic "nothing should ever change in halo" diehards. You just seem to want Halo 3 re-released over and over. If you *really* get this upset over the number of possible looks you can give a spartan in a first person shooter then I think you need to take a few steps back and just put the game away and play something else.

You hated Halo 5 and didn't play it, just take this on the chin and don't play Halo Infinite. It's not for you. I don't play Fortnite because I don't like it.

I played about 500h of Halo 5... what are you talking about?
also Halo 5 is a good example of an armor customization system (even tho the artstyle was pure vomit tier garbage). in fact Halo 3's was kinda shit comparatively..

it's always the same with people like you, as soon as someone tells you that old Halo games did something OBJECTIVELY BETTER you get that braindead shit like "you just want Halo 3 all over again", no I don't. Halo 3 is flawed in many ways... I WANT AN IMPROVEMENT from Halo 3 across the board, but I'm not getting that. I get 3 playlists, not even half the modes, almost no armor at launch, and the way to customize it has been completely ruined by some coorporate dipshit who implemented this crap in order to sell more microtransactions.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I played about 500h of Halo 5... what are you talking about?
also Halo 5 is a good example of an armor customization system (even tho the artstyle was pure vomit tier garbage). in fact Halo 3's was kinda shit comparatively..

it's always the same with people like you, as soon as someone tells you that old Halo games did something OBJECTIVELY BETTER you get that braindead shit like "you just want Halo 3 all over again", no I don't. Halo 3 is flawed in many ways... I WANT AN IMPROVEMENT from Halo 3 across the board, but I'm not getting that. I get 3 playlists, not even half the modes, almost no armor at launch, and the way to customize it has been completely ruined by some coorporate dipshit who implemented this crap in order to sell more microtransactions.
You're also getting the game for free, on 4 different platforms on day 1 (XB1, Series, PC, xCloud). Infinite MP is Free To Play, it's a fundamentally different concept than the previous Halos so it will have differences.

This game is an improvement on Halo 3 in every way IMO. It's a step back from Halo 5 in some ways too IMO.

Banned
You're also getting the game for free, on 4 different platforms on day 1 (XB1, Series, PC, xCloud). Infinite MP is Free To Play, it's a fundamentally different concept than the previous Halos so it will have differences.

This game is an improvement on Halo 3 in every way IMO. It's a step back from Halo 5 in some ways too IMO.

I don't get it for free. what Halo fans like me get is a 60€ game that has a completely mangled free 2 play multiplayer that is a step down in every imaginable way so far. if you like or don't like the gameplay changes is mostly subjective. many still prefer the Halo 5 style gameplay. in an objective measurement Halo 5 vs Infinite, Infinite is SO MUCH WORSE it's not even in the same ballpark... it's like comparing the max speeds of a VW Beetle and a Bugatti Chiron

and I am honestly astonished that people defend it, it's OBJECTIVELY WORSE... and ODESIGNED TO BE WORSE ON PURPOSE, "duuhhhrrr bUt iTS fReE tO PLay!!!" my ass

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I don't get it for free. what Halo fans like me get is a 60€ game that has a completely mangled free 2 play multiplayer that is a step down in every imaginable way so far. if you like or don't like the gameplay changes is mostly subjective. many still prefer the Halo 5 style gameplay. in an objective measurement Halo 5 vs Infinite, Infinite is SO MUCH WORSE it's not even in the same ballpark... it's like comparing the max speeds of a VW Beetle and a Bugatti Chiron

and I am honestly astonished that people defend it, it's OBJECTIVELY WORSE... and ODESIGNED TO BE WORSE ON PURPOSE, "duuhhhrrr bUt iTS fReE tO PLay!!!" my ass
You do get it for free though lol. You're choosing to pay $60 for the single player as well.

I'm honestly astonished that people attack it with such ferocity when it's a free to play game that's still officially in beta.

Orbital2060

As far as I can see the armor cores are different enough that you cant just use the same armor design on all 3 of them. You would have to redesign the armor cosmetic for each core for it to fit properly. The Willow Tea has some smaller patches of different colors, they would be out of place if you just slapped it on a V or the Yoroi.

Banned
As far as I can see the armor cores are different enough that you cant just use the same armor design on all 3 of them. You would have to redesign the armor cosmetic for each core for it to fit properly. The Willow Tea has some smaller patches of different colors, they would be out of place if you just slapped it on a V or the Yoroi.

they already sold the exact same armor color pallets separately for different armor pieces... so that is not true, it simply isn't.
and when it comes to armor pieces that is also not true since Bots use mixed core armor and look great

edit: also you can do this, which makes your whole point instantly invalid
utgsy4dn5g281.png

Last edited:
im so inconsistent. One game im top of the board, dropping 20 bombs. Unkillable. 10 kill streaks.
next game im like 5-12

one thing i like about Halo Infinite, is u can really go from bottom to the top. U can go from worst to first if u go on a little run.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Halo Infinite releases on December 8th for Xbox and PC but its multiplayer surprise-dropped recently to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary. The reception to the actual gameplay has been mostly positive with fans praising the new pick-ups, maps, and gun play.

However, a number of issues have also emerged which, unfortunately, can't be hidden behind the “beta” tag (especially since the multiplayer is already content complete). Let's take a look at 15 things that currently plague the experience.

dem

The matchmaking just stopped working for me.

it works once or twice.. then it it just sits on a screen where all I can do is cancel search.. but it doesn’t actually do anything. I have to close the game and reopen to search for a game again.

Codes 208

Getting the 5 separate killing sprees in fiesta for the ultimate challenge was possibly one of the most infuriating challenges Ive done. Its all RNG bullshit and i kept dying at 2-4 because the other team were either grouped up while sticking their dicks up eachothers asses or SUDDENLY ROCKET LAUNCHER/GRAPPLE SWORD!!

it works once or twice.. then it it just sits on a screen where all I can do is cancel search.. but it doesn’t actually do anything. I have to close the game and reopen to search for a game again.
Yeah thats a bug, ive had that happen twice since launch.

Last edited:
the Xbox One/SX are not jailbroken, so there literally can't be any aim bots on console
hence why the op of that reddit thread asks for an option to turn off crossplay
Bullshit. There is hardware around that goes into your controller and/or USB and can do all sorts of auto-aim, rapid fire, anti-recoil, bunny hop, faster melees etc. Below is a quote about the gamepack for Halo Infinite specifically -

Also features a brand new Aim Assist from the Godfather (Batts) which is now more accurate over longer distances, and like Anti-Recoil can be fine tuned in real-time. The best Aim Assist we have ever used with any FPS Game!

Other essential options include a Dynamic Rapid Fire System that changes speed depending on how hard you pull the trigger, Burst Fire, Drop Shot, Strafe Shot, Strafe Circle, Strafe Left Only (Pressure Sensitive), Strafe Right Only (Pressure Sensitive), Strafe Both Directions (Pressure Sensitive), Strafe Circle (Pressure Sensitive), Auto Mark (Repeat), Auto Mark (Once), Auto Scan (Repeat), Auto Scan (Once), Crouch Spam, Spring Crouch, Spring Swap, QuickScope, Turbo Melee, Auto Sprint, Hair Triggers, Bunny Hop and Gyro Boost (DS3, DS4, DualSense, or Switch Controllers only).

I hate posting this shit as it just makes it more widespread but the platforms and developers need to kill this shit at the business/legal level as well as in game. This idea that it's only PC players cheating is stupid. It's been on consoles for ages already, same as Apex/COD/BF etc etc.

The facts are if you play online don't expect a fair game, ever.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
im so inconsistent. One game im top of the board, dropping 20 bombs. Unkillable. 10 kill streaks.
next game im like 5-12

one thing i like about Halo Infinite, is u can really go from bottom to the top. U can go from worst to first if u go on a little run.
If you solo, even if you are good, you will often end up on the wrong team.

Happens to me constantly.

Last edited:

Banned

that is not even remotely the same as wallhacks + aimbotting

all these chronus max things can realistically do is give you a rapid fire button and automatic recoil compensation, none of which is of any real use in Halo.
most weapons have limited fire rates that are easy to accomplish by spamming the trigger manually, and most of the guns don't really have any recoil you would need to control since the recoil is extremely negligible (and in the rare cases there is recoil, it's also random)

these things are an issue in games like Apex where skillful recoil compensation is actually a requirement to play at a high level, but in Halo that is literally not a thing and all that really counts in Halo is positioning and initial aiming, none of which can be improved by a Chronus Max

Last edited:

WoodyStare

On a good 5htz band Xcloud is really impressive. On 2.6 I found it leaves a lot to be desired.
I’ve had a similar experience over WiFi. I’m just shocked how well it’s been working over my cellular connection. I didn’t think I’d play this much multiplayer over LTE.

Kagey K

Banned
I’ve had a similar experience over WiFi. I’m just shocked how well it’s been working over my cellular connection. I didn’t think I’d play this much multiplayer over LTE.
My mobile gets throttled once it goes over a certain amount so I haven't tried it on LTE or 5G.

Glad to hear it's good though.

that is not even remotely the same as wallhacks + aimbotting

all these chronus max things can realistically do is give you a rapid fire button and automatic recoil compensation, none of which is of any real use in Halo.
most weapons have limited fire rates that are easy to accomplish by spamming the trigger manually, and most of the guns don't really have any recoil you would need to control since the recoil is extremely negligible (and in the rare cases there is recoil, it's also random)

these things are an issue in games like Apex where skillful recoil compensation is actually a requirement to play at a high level, but in Halo that is literally not a thing and all that really counts in Halo is positioning and initial aiming, none of which can be improved by a Chronus Max

And yet you ignore literally what I bolded and one of the cornerstone contributors to Cronus (Batts) has created since the Infinite beta launched -

brand new Aim Assist from the Godfather (Batts)

Aim assist is much like aimbot. Combined with rapid fire, auto-bunny hops, rapid melee and all the rest it's fucking cheating on consoles. I'll not bother to reply any longer as you've got your mind made up one way or another.

Come on, this is a bit over the top.

There's a reason Warzone has banned 650,000 players since launching in 2020. They recently banned 50,000 accounts in one month, which followed 60,000 banned the month before. Want proof? Source

So no I'm not being over the top, get into any mid-high level games and it's clear as day when they turn their cheats on, always at the most opportune gameplay moment e.g. final squads or desperate to keep a team alive etc. Out of 28/60/150 players in ranked matches you're encountering cheaters near every single game at high levels, plenty often at low levels too. Whether you know it or care not to admit it does not change the facts.

Like I said, keep telling yourself you're not being cheated. Part of these devices/scripts is they can be turned on/off at will during gameplay or only used with tweaked settings and legally some of the devices are totally "allowed" at the moment too.

In the words of Dr. Disrespect -

Last edited:

Banned
And yet you ignore literally what I bolded and one of the cornerstone contributors to Cronus (Batts) has created since the Infinite beta launched -

Aim assist is much like aimbot. Combined with rapid fire, auto-bunny hops, rapid melee and all the rest it's fucking cheating on consoles. I'll not bother to reply any longer as you've got your mind made up one way or another.

all that a Chronus Max can do on console is manipulate controller inputs. what you see here that is called "aim assist" by these people is whenever you press the right trigger your aim will get slowed down.

that is all this does. the chronus has no idea what happens in a game you use it for. all it knows is what you press on your controller, and that is what it can manipulate

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
There's a reason Warzone has banned 650,000 players since launching in 2020. They recently banned 50,000 accounts in one month, which followed 60,000 banned the month before. Want proof? Source

So no I'm not being over the top, get into any mid-high level games and it's clear as day when they turn their cheats on, always at the most opportune gameplay moment e.g. final squads or desperate to keep a team alive etc. Out of 28/60/150 players in ranked matches you're encountering cheaters near every single game at high levels, plenty often at low levels too. Whether you know it or care not to admit it does not change the facts.

Like I said, keep telling yourself you're not being cheated. Part of these devices/scripts is they can be turned on/off at will during gameplay or only used with tweaked settings and legally some of the devices are totally "allowed" at the moment too.

In the words of Dr. Disrespect -

In April Warzone passed 100 million players. 650 000 bans is only 0.65% of their player base lol. It's nothing.

I'm easily and steadily progressing up the ranks in Infinite. By the end of the week I'll likely be Diamond. I haven't seen anything remotely like cheating.

In April Warzone passed 100 million players. 650 000 bans is only 0.65% of their player base lol. It's nothing.

I'm easily and steadily progressing up the ranks in Infinite. By the end of the week I'll likely be Diamond. I haven't seen anything remotely like cheating.

I like how you think they catch all the cheaters and take their 650,000 as gospel. The numbers are far higher than what they're reporting. Even if you concede at say 2.0% (of which I believe it's much worse) that puts you at 3 people every match of Warzone 150. Imagine going to the end game to face cheaters. In Apex we would run into it at least 1 to 2 times per night.

Why do all the top streamers and competitive players in games like Warzone and Infinite complain about cheaters if you're correct and it never happens? They're facing the worst of the worst when the games condense down based on BR or arena ranks population spreads.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I like how you think they catch all the cheaters and take their 650,000 as gospel. The numbers are far higher than what they're reporting. Even if you concede at say 2.0% (of which I believe it's much worse) that puts you at 3 people every match of Warzone 150. Imagine going to the end game to face cheaters. In Apex we would run into it at least 1 to 2 times per night.

Why do all the top streamers and competitive players in games like Warzone and Infinite complain about cheaters if you're correct and it never happens? They're facing the worst of the worst when the games condense down based on BR or arena ranks population spreads.
You're the one that provided the 650 000 number in giant bold font, not me lol. Don't now try and dismiss it lol.

You're the one that provided the 650 000 number in giant bold font, not me lol. Don't now try and dismiss it lol.

It's the only official numbers we can go on.

Of course they caught 100% of cheaters and report it 100% accurately, my mistake /S

Amazing how they report round numbers so perfectly each month too.

March 17, 2021

April 14, 2021

More recent numbers -

So we're jumping from 30,000 to 100,000. Sounds like there's an increase and more cheaters than they're catching. Right?

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
It's the only official numbers we can go on.

Of course they caught 100% of cheaters and report it 100% accurately, my mistake /S

Amazing how they report round numbers so perfectly each month too.

March 17, 2021

April 14, 2021

More recent numbers -

So we're jumping from 30,000 to 100,000. Sounds like there's an increase and more cheaters than they're catching. Right?

You’re overlooking the fact that many of these cheaters will have multiple accounts banned every month, so that’s not 100 000 players.

Top Bottom