• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Just seen the new XP for playing:

1st Game = 300XP
2nd Game = 200XP
3rd Game = 200XP
4th Game = 100XP
5th Game = 100XP
6th Game = 100XP
7th+ Game = 50XP

Got to say this is extremely generous IMO. I thought changing it to 100xp a game would be fair, but instead they’ve frontloaded it so you get 1000xp after 6 games. Don’t see how anyone can complain about BP progression now.
A level every 6 games seems pretty good. IF I have an XP double activated will it still double these? I hope so, that could be 2 guaranteed levels in a day.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Games been a ton of fun but either I cannot figure out my settings or no one talks on mic in the beta.
Mic-ing up would help on the coordination, but I just normally find one person to hang with on slayer, because 2 should beat 1 every time. I don't Mic up, because people are dumb and curse and I just want to mute them. I would play in a GAF group though if there was one.

TIGERCOOL

I am playing on an LTE connection and have yet to have one drop from a game. I don't know what your issue is. I have had a game or two where my updates were choppy.
The disconnects usually happen during the loading phase. Hard crashes during the game. You on PC or Xbox?

Last edited:

Flintty

My top tip for challenges, especially the weekly '5 killing sprees' is to just play and you'll get them organically. Remember the guns you need if you have those challenges but don't bust a nut trying to get them done. The harder you try, the harder you fail.

I went several games without a killing spree when I only needed one more and then I just reset my mindset. Thought fuck it, I'll get it when I get it. Stop counting the kills. Next game I got two killing spree's.

Play the game to enjoy it :messenger_bicep:

Helghan

I've never played Apex Legends, nor do I play any other F2P shooter.
From what I understand though, Apex Legends and Halo are different games. Apex Legends is a battle royale (correct me if I'm wrong). The only thing that should matter then, is staying alive to the end. You can't complete your challenges if you are dead. You can also play the game solo if you wanted. Does Apex Legends give you any sort of XP for winning a game or performing well? Halo doesn't.
Halo is a team based (no FFA yet) arena shooter. Say the game type is capture the flag, and my challenge is to get kills with X vehicle. Many players will just forget about the objective, and instead camp the vehicle spawn. Why? Because the game doesn't give you any incentive to actually play the objective. You don't get any XP for winning the game. You don't get challenge progress for winning the game. The only way to progress your battlepass, is to complete the challenges, but the challenges will often fly in the face of the objective.
Apex is also team based, but I get your point that there are differences that don't translate directly.

Starcheif

got my first "customization" hacker probably... player from steam obviously...

uAvhIHd.png

RankW9O.png
My heart dropped! That was really close to my Xbox gamertag Starcheif 😬

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
If anyone with an amd card having performance issues, i highly recommend official amd driver released spesifically for Halo infinite multiplayer.

edit 02.12.21: Game crashed 2 times after amd halo driver i installed 2 days ago. I don't know if the driver caused it or not, but i decided to delete the driver.

Last edited:

Coney

What the heck happened to my controller settings? I logged in to play and my sensitivity was completely different, made it unplayable. I don't know the settings to how I liked it because it appears nothing changed.

TheZink

What the heck happened to my controller settings? I logged in to play and my sensitivity was completely different, made it unplayable. I don't know the settings to how I liked it because it appears nothing changed.
I played a little last night and I felt the same way. No idea what changed.

KellyNole

Mic-ing up would help on the coordination, but I just normally find one person to hang with on slayer, because 2 should beat 1 every time. I don't Mic up, because people are dumb and curse and I just want to mute them. I would play in a GAF group though if there was one.

This. When I first started using mics on PC and Xbox way back when it was actually a nice experience chatting with people and team coordination. That changed in the mid to late 2000s. Everyone just cussed, tells people that suck, or worse. Today I tried the Mic for a little bit, one guy got mad at me for stealing kills, even though I shot the guy first he came in after, and then complained I kept stealing his kills. Not to mention this objective based game, we are working as a team, who cares who gets the kill. I don't care if someone steals my kill. It's better to have the enemy killed than possibly take out both of us (I've seen it happen), especially when we are trying to defend an area and need people there not dead.

Nowadays I stick to group chats with people I know. No point in talking with Randoms.

Leyasu

Banned
A level every 6 games seems pretty good. IF I have an XP double activated will it still double these? I hope so, that could be 2 guaranteed levels in a day.
I popped a double xp and it didn't work. I also ploughed through a shit load of easy challenges in the hour too. Probably a bug

Naked Lunch

2 weeks since launch - only used 2 xp boosts and im level 33. This only goes to 100 and theres 6 months left - yeah, not seeing the issue.
The F2P cosmetic mico transaction tradeoff in comparison to the traditional $60 Halo game is one ill take if its going to keep the game populated and talked about for a long time. H4 and 5 fell off the map quick.

I really hope they add more maps before May 2022 - that would be insane if they dont.

I fucking hate waiting as everyone does, but in a year or even 2 - this will have tons of maps and customizations. Everyone will look different but its probably going to take awhile for that to settle in. The gameplay is good and unique enough to build on and im willing to be patient with it. I can play Infinite for long periods of time - that "one more game" and 2 more hours go by type shit. 343's H4 and H5 mp were not this way for me - I could only play those in short spurts.

jigglet

Banned
2 weeks since launch - only used 2 xp boosts and im level 33. This only goes to 100 and theres 6 months left - yeah, not seeing the issue.

Agreed.

I 100% guarantee you this will play out just like Rainbow Six Siege.

Everyone bitched about how the battle pass was so easily completed. People would get to the end and there would be like 2 months left.

Then they said ok we'll fix it, and went in the opposite direction, now everyone bitches about how much of a grind there is.

There will be people who play this obsessively, and people who play it casually. It's an impossible balance to get right. The only way to fix it is to make it so BP's never expire, they can run concurrently and over time it'll give people plenty to do.

Oh wait...

Last edited:

twilo99

Games been a ton of fun but either I cannot figure out my settings or no one talks on mic in the beta.

I have the same issue. It simply shows every single player muted. If I join and xbox party with friends its fine, but no mic action on random matches.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Just FYI if you didn't know - there's not 6 months left, they never actually expire. You can still pick up the items in this battle pass 2 years down the track. That's what makes all the outrage about "progression" even dumber. It's not like fortnight or PUBG where you only have ~90 days to get everything.

I tried talking on series x the other day but even with my mic unmuted it still just had the mute icon next to my name and i dont think anyone could hear me. Just gotta get people using the tag system, it really helps.

Last edited:

tmlDan

It was for an event......

Every other game like this does special event modes too.
other games don't make it exceptionally hard to max it out in the time given tho, stop making excuses for them.

Just played 5 games where my team ignored the objective and we lost in 3 minutes and they said they don't care they just need control for their challenge....

its been a blast.....

jakinov

other games don't make it exceptionally hard to max it out in the time given tho, stop making excuses for them.

Just played 5 games where my team ignored the objective and we lost in 3 minutes and they said they don't care they just need control for their challenge....

its been a blast.....
It's pretty easy to max it out in the given time. The issue is that you have to play at multiple given times to max it out because it's not eexceptionally hasrd it's impossible to max it out.

Also there's popular games that make seasonal/event unlocks random.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned

its been a blast.....
It wasn't exceptionally hard lol. I played maybe 20-25 matches and got all but the last 2 challenges done just by playing normally. The event comes back another like 5 times anyway so you'll be able to just pick up where you left off then.

Also what objective? Fiesta is slayer.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
It was for an event......

Every other game like this does special event modes too.
Every other game like this didn't previously include playlists like Fiesta, SWAT, and Infection as base content that was available all the time. It appears 343i are trying to use Halo's legendary, two decade history of custom mode playlists as their monetised "special events". Given that 343i also removed 'Random Weapon Spawns' as an option for custom games, preventing you from running Fiesta as a custom game mode yourself, it appears that this is actually their intention. If they remove SWAT after the Tactical OPs event, the community will fucking riot.

Last edited:

packy34

can someone explain the ravager to me

it only has enough "ammo" to fire a full charge 4 times but does fuck all damage

i really don't understand the use-case for this weapon

tmlDan

It wasn't exceptionally hard lol. I played maybe 20-25 matches and got all but the last 2 challenges done just by playing normally. The event comes back another like 5 times anyway so you'll be able to just pick up where you left off then.

Also what objective? Fiesta is slayer.
sorry the second half is not specific to fiesta :p

But yea, im curious, isn't it coming back in January?

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
sorry the second half is not specific to fiesta :p

But yea, im curious, isn't it coming back in January?
It's coming back another 5 times over the next few months:

• Week 2 - January 4, 2022 to January 10, 2022
  • Week 3 - February 4, 2022 to February 7, 2022
  • Week 4 - February 22, 2022 to March 2, 2022
  • Week 5 - March 19, 2022 to April 5, 2022
  • Week 6 - April 19, 2022 to April 26, 2022
I believe you'll just pick up where you left off, though I don't know if it's been confirmed. You might have lost the chance to get any that you missed previously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom