• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Sakura

can someone explain the ravager to me

it only has enough "ammo" to fire a full charge 4 times but does fuck all damage

i really don't understand the use-case for this weapon
Area denial weapon. If someone is hiding somewhere or maybe a sniper up in a perch or something, you can fire it to do some AoE damage for a time.
That being said it's still largely useless though.

Louis Ck Reaction GIF

Love a good fail posted, cheers for the laugh mate.

Every other game like this didn't previously include playlists like Fiesta, SWAT, and Infection as base content that was available all the time. It appears 343i are trying to use Halo's legendary, two decade history of custom mode playlists as their monetised "special events". Given that 343i also removed 'Random Weapon Spawns' as an option for custom games, preventing you from running Fiesta as a custom game mode yourself, it appears that this is actually their intention. If they remove SWAT after the Tactical OPs event, the community will fucking riot.

Most other games, such as battle royale, have limited maps/playlists to condense populations for fast matching and population search recycling. I agree it's a kick to the teeth somewhat but if it launched with infection, ranked, social, swat, dubs, BTB, and all the historic modes we'd likely see shit search times and player/skill/fireteam matching out the window.

It's not ideal but the overarching experience of fast games is likely paramount as well as content ebb and flow to keep different segments of the playerbase revisiting the game. Apex does such things. Few games have as many modes/playlists to support as Halo does, 343 is never going to make everyone happy all the time.

Sword bounce anyone? Gotta love a little latency skip at the worst possible time -

jqJP0Qc.gif

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

This has nothing to do with cross play. It looks like he's using Cronus Zen. A device that's compatible with Xbox and PlayStation. Basically it eliminates the gun recoil by adjusting Y axis for you so you always have a perfect accuracy.

But I get it: PC players bad, console players good. Right.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm getting some strange stutter on my PC, not sure what could be causing it. 8700K OC and 3080 seems to be smooth then strange odd little short stutters. Had to set to 82HZ and add v sync when I have g sync, something doesnt seem right.

Guess im going back to the series x on my OLED.

Sakura

This has nothing to do with cross play. It looks like he's using Cronus Zen. A device that's compatible with Xbox and PlayStation. Basically it eliminates the gun recoil by adjusting Y axis for you so you always have a perfect accuracy.

What about how his ammo keeps replenishing as he is shooting (note the constant +1)

Last edited:

Concern

Got a mythic medal yesterday called remote detonation. Anyone get any yet?

Lack of content and playlist is annoying but the gameplay loop is just so good that I can keep playing. Hope we see more maps soon.

Papacheeks

Banned

Using a zen is basically cheating.

jigglet

Banned

The irony is, the rapid spins in that video are easier with a controller than a mouse. In fact, I don't think a quadruple spin like that is possible on a mouse without just spinning it on the spot. Whereas on a controller all you'd have to do is literally hold right.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
The irony is, the rapid spins in that video are easier with a controller than a mouse. In fact, I don't think a quadruple spin like that is possible on a mouse without just spinning it on the spot. Whereas on a controller all you'd have to do is literally hold right.
Not at all? The controller's turn rate is locked; it's mechanically limited by the device itself, and software limited by the game. You don't "rapid spin" by holding right, you just... turn right. With a mouse, your turn rate has no ceiling, unless the game is coded to limit mouse movement per frame. And most aren't. With a wide enough area to move your mouse and higher sensitivity, sky's the limit.

jigglet

Banned
Not at all? The controller's turn rate is locked; it's mechanically limited by the device itself, and software limited by the game. You don't "rapid spin" by holding right, you just... turn right. With a mouse, your turn rate has no ceiling, unless the game is coded to limit mouse movement per frame. And most aren't. With a wide enough area to move your mouse and higher sensitivity, sky's the limit.
Turn speed is limited by the game you’re playing. A XIM or Cronus doesn’t magically make the max turn speed faster in the game.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Damn you already got the reach helmet? Its an unlock right?

Yep, it's unlockable at level 95 if I'm not mistaken. I started at level 30 (premium battle pass) and I'm 74+ hours plus into the game. Let's say I'm a little addicted to it... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Which is unusual for me as I'm exclusively playing single player games. The last multi player game I played was Halo 3. Infinite is just so, so good.

Concern

Yep, it's unlockable at level 95 if I'm not mistaken. I started at level 30 (premium battle pass) and I'm 74+ hours plus into the game. Let's say I'm a little addicted to it... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Which is unusual for me as I'm exclusively playing single player games. The last multi player game I played was Halo 3. Infinite is just so, so good.

Goddamn lol. Im only level 21 but with the new xp update I should move faster. Did you buy ranks besides the first 30?

Uiki

Just back on this for a second - it doesn't have that Average Team Skill on Xbox, at least for me in ranked.
I usually play with 4 people. 3 are getting the stat and one never seen it. I think it's bugged atm.

Yesterday I played with a friend in keyboard duo and it was displaying for us both.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Got a mythic medal yesterday called remote detonation. Anyone get any yet?

Lack of content and playlist is annoying but the gameplay loop is just so good that I can keep playing. Hope we see more maps soon.
Yeh I got that medal a few days ago, shot a grenade one of the enemies threw just as it bounced back at him from hitting his own teammate haha.

Got to Diamond 1! :D Half way to diamond 2 before I turned it off. Was a sweaty few matches right on the border of platinum 6 and diamond 1 haha. After each match I looked at my recent players list and probably 80-90% of them all are PC players. Is no one on console playing ranked? Or are pc players all the higher ranked players?

I swear social and ranked are like 2 completely different games. It’s funny that in social you have to be more careful about how you play almost because of the radar. Seems like something that should really only be in ranked.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

it only has enough "ammo" to fire a full charge 4 times but does fuck all damage

Took out a sniper from the other side of the map (Behemoth) who was in the perch. Not a fan of the Ravager in general, but it has its uses.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

It's super effective in close to mid range. You can 3 shot someone if your aim is good. If not, one shot and melee combo is extremely deadly.

One of my favourite weapons in the game. Luckily I got 3 weekly challenges to kill someone with it. Easy.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Game Pass perk;

Halo Infinite Multiplayer: ‘Pass Tense’ MA40 AR Bundle – December 8
Customize your multiplayer arsenal with the exclusive ‘Pass Tense’ MA40 Assault Rifle coating, four 2XP Boosts, and four Challenge Swaps! This Perk requires Halo Infinite Multiplayer to use, available free on Xbox, PC, and with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Halo_Infinite_MP_Perk.jpg

Last edited:

Codes 208

amazing what a difference this made. Felt like it took three days to level up once, but yesterday i leveled up three times.
No, it’s not worth it. I was using double XP and farming bot games that usually last 2-3 minutes. With the new XP system you’ll get it in no time.
Yup, then once youve hit the seventh game, you may as well play quick play or btb to rack up the weekly challenges for the remaining time

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been discussed already but is anyone else having issues with the game crashing on BTB?

Started happening two days ago for me. It only happens on BTB, which freezes my console (XSX) completely. No issue on any other game modes.

There is a small thread on Reddit where a few others have reported this issue too. Never had an issue beforehand. Hopefully, it's sorted once the full game is released.

Phase

Special Event? fuck that

This game is lacking content. Give me back Fiesta you cocksuckers!
+1 for Slayer, Doubles, Snipers, Swat, Invasion, etc.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if these end up being events (like if the "Tactical" event is limited time Swat).

Jesus, what loser cheats in a game like this? Makes no damn sense.

Concern

+1 for Slayer, Doubles, Snipers, Swat, Invasion, etc.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if these end up being events (like if the "Tactical" event is limited time Swat).

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. This is f2p now and they'll most likely test things out to see how its received. Casuals far outweigh the hardcore players.

I've been ready for some shotty/snipers as well.

Top Bottom