• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite multiplayer might be getting "seasonal story content" in the future

kingfey

Banned

A new job listing from 343 Industries suggests that Halo Infinite's free-to-play multiplayer could be getting some story-based content soon.

In terms of narrative, Halo Infinite's multiplayer doesn't have any other than the game's brief tutorial. However, that looks like it could change soon. As per a new job listing from 343 (thanks, Gamespot), the developer is looking to hire a writing director to help create "highly innovative and engaging, serial narrative content for Halo Infinite's free-to-play." They will also be responsible for hiring a team of writers and will be in charge of writing everything from "cinematic scripts to character sheets for casting to reactive A.I. dialogue, and more."

This new "seasonal story content" will leverage "existing Halo lore" and add "exciting new chapters to the larger Halo story."

On top of that, the new writing director is also expected to "work closely with the Halo franchise team to ensure Seasonal story content both leverages existing Halo lore and adds exciting new chapters to the larger Halo story."

Elsewhere, 343 is looking to recruit a monetization designer for Halo Infinite, who will help create "in-game initiatives to drive player engagement and long-term player progression, as well as a player-first store and monetization model."

Both job listings were posted in January, and 343 is still hiring for the roles, so it might be a while before we see any narrative content make its way to Halo Infinite's multiplayer.

jigglet

Banned
"Might"? Isn't there a 10 year plan? How the fuck does this even qualify as speculation / news. Slow new days, huh.

ZehDon

Yeah, they tried this with Halo 4. It was so "successful" they abandoned the feature and dropped it from all future releases. In 10 years, they have yet deliver the goods with one campaign, let along drip feeding story every three months.

I understand that this is 343i attempting to plan ahead, but 343i haven't finished the actual base of Halo Infinite yet. No one cares about more terrible 343i stories when the game simply doesn't have an acceptable number of maps, modes, customisation, and features and is still mostly broken.
As for the single player campaign, given how bare bones the campaign was, I'd expect them to be releasing campaigns of an identical scope every year or so as DLC. If they plan to drip feed their story every three months, I expect they'll deliver the first one on time, and then fail to meet every deadline after that before they give up the episodic approach and going back to failing to deliver campaigns on time.

Ozriel

M$FT
What was everyone doing the last 7 years?

Planning for 10 years road map, instead of actually working on important contents.
343 fucked up the MP mode this time, and I doubt MS will continue the 10 year plan at this rate.

Not sure if serious or trolling.

You expected the devs to have worked on both the launch content and the post launch content at the same time?

And why stop at 7 years? Might as well make it 9 years while you’re at it.

Lone Wolf

Not sure if serious or trolling.

You expected the devs to have worked on both the launch content and the post launch content at the same time?

And why stop at 7 years? Might as well make it 9 years while you’re at it.
The multiplayer is bare bones. I’ve always been a big Halo fan but this game was definitely ripped apart and salvaged by Joe Staten to make something worth playing. Lots of time was wasted.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
red-flag-emoji-viral-twitter-trend

Crew511A

Well Bonnie was making 343i a woke company so she could rack up industry awards.

Well, someone had to come out and say it. If the team spent as much time making the game as they did taking pictures for social media to show how diverse they are, the game might have had an acceptable level of MP content at launch.

Top Bottom