• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Now Has a Solid Third-Person Mod

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Recently, we have come across a mod that turns the game into a solid third-person shooter!

Created by Opulent Halo, the third-person mod in Halo Infinite looks and plays surprisingly great, as if the game was made in third-person from the ground up.

One thing that really caught my attention was how satisfying it is when you use Grappling Hook in third-person mode while witnessing all your surroundings. Of course, with this mod, Halo Infinite‘s campaign could be much easier, especially in the outdoor battles, where you can have a better awareness of enemy location and their movements.

This is a free mod and you can download and install it from here.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
In the campaign?

Also, do you know what a ‘mod’ is?
Yes, it is a third party modification of a game, often created by an author not involved with the original development team.

Also you can clearly see that it doesn't look that very good, compared to real third person games. And of course, it is a fps game.

But it just doesn't look very good in my personal opinion.

R6Rider

Gold Member
should be standard in every single shooter.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

clarky

Gold Member
Third person option and gyro aiming should be standard in every single shooter.
So not an FPS then?

On topic looks surprisingly solid for a mod, but im sure the usual suspects will be in here to trash the game anyway in 3.......2.......1......

Yes, it is a third party modification of a game, often created by an author not involved with the original development team.

Also you can clearly see that it doesn't look that very good, compared to real third person games. And of course, it is a fps game.

But it just doesn't look very good in my personal opinion.
Doesn't look any worse than returnals movement.

Looks great...but the character needs to be moved slightly to the left more. I hate games where the character gets super close to blocking the aiming reticule

OZ9000

Banned
343 are a confirmed shit tier developer.

Let's make Halo Infinite open world with RPG mechanics

But there is no new game plus

And no way to replay missions

And no co-op.

Yeah, fuck you 343. Continue hiring feminists and transgender people as your prime motive. Cunts.

Last edited:

the_master

3rd person game is not great for aiming, not a good fit for Halo unless a spinoff was designed with it in mind, with closer encounters

Ozriel

M$FT

And no co-op.

Yeah, fuck you 343. Continue hiring feminists and transgender people as your prime motive. Cunts.

You people really turn into emotional crybabies about this game/franchise, don’t you?

A whole lot of games don’t ship with NG+ and mission replay. These aren’t must-have features. Nice to have features, for sure, and ones that are likely to show up down the line.

OZ9000

Banned
You people really turn into emotional crybabies about this game/franchise, don’t you?

A whole lot of games don’t ship with NG+ and mission replay. These aren’t must-have features. Nice to have features, for sure, and ones that are likely to show up down the line.
If it's an RPG game, then yes, it should have NG+

New game plus seems to be the norm amongst most AAA single player experiences released today.

Mission replay was what made the previous Halo games so re-playable.

Ozriel

M$FT
If it's an RPG game, then yes, it should have NG+

New game plus seems to be the norm amongst most AAA single player experiences released today.

Mission replay was what made the previous Halo games so re-playable.

Many big games shipped a NG+ mode months after launch. Games like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima. Days Gone has New Game Plus mode added in a patch 4.5 months after release.

Try to be less toxic when it comes to these things.

OZ9000

Banned

Many big games shipped a NG+ mode months after launch. Games like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima. Days Gone has New Game Plus mode added in a patch 4.5 months after release.

Try to be less toxic when it comes to these things.
The game was delayed and they shipped a half baked product.

And no co-op.

Who hurt you?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
It's clear that people voting in goty threads and ppl posting in threads are entirely different. Judging by all Halo topics and replies you'd think Infinite is a bad game, yet it was goty. As someone who doenst like or care about Halo, I think the mod looks good. Fits quite well with the open-world.

ZywyPL

Banned
It's clear that people voting in goty threads and ppl posting in threads are entirely different. Judging by all Halo topics and replies you'd think Infinite is a bad game, yet it was goty. As someone who doenst like or care about Halo, I think the mod looks good. Fits quite well with the open-world.

Truth be told Halo did felt like a breath of fresh air after all those BR and melee-based open-world games that flooded the market during the past years.

But the dust has settled and the honeymoon is over, half a year after launch nothing has changed/improved, none of the issues have been resolved, nor any new content has been added.

Ozriel

M$FT
The game was delayed and they shipped a half baked product.

Don’t be dense. Something being delayed means everything shifts to the right. Doesn’t mean it gets delayed and therefore they’ll automagically have the score to add stuff planned for post launch release.

I’ve literally just given you a laundry list of top tier AAA games that released in recent years that didn’t have NG+ at launch, but came later in a post launch patch.

The only significant feature the campaign missed at launch is campaign co-op. That’s all. Not sure how that translates to ‘half baked’.

r/Halo is that way…

Truth be told Halo did felt like a breath of fresh air after all those BR and melee-based open-world games that flooded the market during the past years.

But the dust has settled and the honeymoon is over, half a year after launch nothing has changed/improved, none of the issues have been resolved, nor any new content has been added.

But this thread is about a mod for the campaign…

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
Don’t be dense. Something being delayed means everything shifts to the right. Doesn’t mean it gets delayed and therefore they’ll automagically have the score to add stuff planned for post launch release.

I’ve literally just given you a laundry list of top tier AAA games that released in recent years that didn’t have NG+ at launch, but came later in a post launch patch.

The only significant feature the campaign missed at launch is campaign co-op. That’s all. Not sure how that translates to ‘half baked’.

r/Halo is that way…

But this thread is about a mod for the campaign…
And it's been almost 6 months and they haven't patched anything in.

The other Devs patched in Ng+ FAR more quickly.

iHaunter

Bottom line, there's no replayability and the game itself was short and slapped together. Most of the game was the same repeat missions with copy/pasted assets. You could've told me they spent 2 years making this demo and I would've believed you. They have 450 employees, and have had what, 6+ years to make this? It's pathetic. It was barebones slapped together piece of crap. Franchise deserves better.

Last edited:
Bottom line, there's no replayability and the game itself was short and slapped together. Most of the game was the same repeat missions with copy/pasted assets. You could've told me they spent 2 years making this demo and I would've believed you. They have 450 employees, and have had what, 6+ years to make this? It's pathetic. It was barebones slapped together piece of crap. Franchise deserves better.
Wow. It was probably the best Halo Campaign to date in regards to gameplay. The story beats were hit or miss, albeit a bit isolated. But this review is about as garbage tier as it gets.

iHaunter

Wow. It was probably the best Halo Campaign to date in regards to gameplay. The story beats were hit or miss, albeit a bit isolated. But this review is about as garbage tier as it gets.
How was it the best campaign? Gameplay wasn't the issue. Half of the "Story" was listening to Cortana whilst clearing the same room over and over...

Ozriel

M$FT
And it's been almost 6 months and they haven't patched anything in.

The other Devs patched in Ng+ FAR more quickly.

It’s been slightly over 4 months since the campaign released. The other examples I mentioned did not get out their patches significantly faster, and they didn’t have the excuse of also working on/supporting an MP mode.

The open world campaign actually has as much replayability as any other Halo game. Different difficulty levels, wildly different approaches to taking on enemy bases etc.

Critics strongly disagree with you, as does its GOTY awards.

But no surprise at your criticism. You already hated the game before release and were hoping it would be a bad game.

A6h3sfp.jpg

Yeah. No bias indeed.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gaming has always had mod usually they enter years down the road now mods come out months later developers let people alter things, modders have a ton of power today.

iHaunter

It’s been slightly over 4 months since the campaign released. The other examples I mentioned did not get out their patches significantly faster, and they didn’t have the excuse of also working on/supporting an MP mode.

The open world campaign actually has as much replayability as any other Halo game. Different difficulty levels, wildly different approaches to taking on enemy bases etc.

But no surprise at your criticism. You already hated the game before release and were hoping it would be a bad game.

A6h3sfp.jpg

Yeah. No bias indeed.
I played it, I beat it, those were my thoughts.

I had a bias opinion on Elden Ring, I didn't like how they re-used animations, and audio. But it's now my favorite Souls game. Opinions can change, 343 did not change my opinion of Halo since they've taken charge.

A6h3sfp.jpg

Yeah. No bias indeed.
iHaunter iHaunter well bud, it appears you may as well leave the thread.

Dr Bass

Doesn't look any worse than returnals movement.
Uhhh ... Returnal is dead on perfect, and this looks nowhere near that standard. To quote John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

Now before I saw that bit of absurdity I came here to say ...

This looks kinda neat, but I feel like it changes the feel of the game too much. It just looks clunky.

Roxkis_ii

This mod is okay. I think a third person mode would be a great option if everything else was on point. Its kind of a reminder of the state of the game tho sadly.

I'm going be straight up and admit I'm a Sony pony, but I can't deny Halo 1-3. They were a big part of my teen years, so there is a part of me that wants to see Halo shine like in its glory days. I don't know why this game came out the way it did or who's at fault, I just hope something can be done to get this ip in the hands of a competent developer and they produce something worthy of envy.

stickkidsam

Halo has always shipped with mission replay. It’s not an unreasonable expectation (though some people get a tad vitriolic). I also can’t name any open world games or RPGs that don’t have new game +.

Ozriel

M$FT
Halo has always shipped with mission replay. It’s not an unreasonable expectation (though some people get a tad vitriolic). I also can’t name any open world games or RPGs that don’t have new game +.

Days Gone shipped without NG+. It’s open world.
Red Dead Redemption 2 had no NG+ mode.
No New Game + in Death Stranding. It’s open world.

Let’s get serious, please.

Kokoloko85

Nice.
I wonder if a game like the next 1st person RE game can have both 1st person and 3rd person modes. GTA done it, Halo maybe RE next?

I literally said, maybe they'll learn their lesson. They didn't. But I'm leaving the thread anyway as it's derailing. This was about a cool free mod for 3rd person. If you want to discuss hit me up in PM.
Go bitch in some review thread somewhere. This thread is about a mod, not what you think about the game in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom