• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

Riky

$MSFT
X5UPqoU.jpg

Like that, it's all over the place. I didn't notice it initially, perhaps something to do with Quick Resume - gonna try out closing the game completely.

343 have warned people not to use quick resume, that's probably the issue.

oldergamer

In gameplay XSX maybe fine, but the cut scenes have a frame pacing issue that makes it jerky, I'd rather they sorted that before my playthrough.
Its because the cutscenes are running at a frame rate of 30 with the actual frame rate being 60. DF said 343 was going to fix it

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Is it just me but when you get into a banshee the start up noise for a split second is the noise the OG Xbox used to make?

Hey guys! How's everything going this new year?

Question: Are you guys happy with the way Infinite turned out? I'm on the fence about picking it up but wanted to see if there are still problems with it.

Thanks
as a halo fan im dissapointed ( weather/snow/world feels a bit empty) and the same time i love the open world thats not cluttered like a fary cry game, and the actuall gameplay/gunplay/grapple is just superb.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Also when you call in a Scorpion or a Wasp etc, why the fuck do one of your stupid marines have to get squashed underneath it? Every fucking time.
To be honest I figure it is a bug they kept in. Someone probably saw it happen, realized it happens 99 percent of the time and got a laugh out of it and they just decided to keep it in. or didn't want to waste the time fixing it.

Emedan

Yeah no. Here is a screen of mine from the same area and even further away too with the textures still there.

1-CC26-FA7-74-AA-4-FB6-875-D-97-DD6-CA6-E203.jpg

343 have warned people not to use quick resume, that's probably the issue.

Thank you fellas, unfortunately closing the game down completely and restarting it did not solve it. I even rebooted the console just to be sure. Probably a bug at this point, I'll try reinstalling it.

UPDATE:
Well fuck, reinstalling it didn't even fix it. Then I don't know.

Last edited:
Hey guys! How's everything going this new year?

Question: Are you guys happy with the way Infinite turned out? I'm on the fence about picking it up but wanted to see if there are still problems with it.

Thanks

It's honestly now in my top games all-time, but then you kinda already knew I was in love with the game they were designing and the universe up front. The variety of ways to play it are just fantastic, and I felt the FOB system was excellent in getting the player to venture out into the world for collectibles and high value targets that made us see what was so good about the explorable Halo ring they built. There are more potential combat approaches and possibilities in this Halo than in any Halo game to ever exist. It's never felt more fun. And, as a huge lore fan, I just enjoy what they did with the game's story and its characters. Escharum is the single best villain ever to grace a Halo game. He was a character with depth, and who I ended up respecting.

Just beat the campaign on Legendary, collecting literally everything. Holy shit was it hard but satisfying. The game was fantastic and I can’t wait for the next.

The environments we very much like the original trilogy minus a few environments, and I like how they explained that every ring is different to bring the styles together. The forerunner structures were phenomenal. The scope and scale of everything was perfect and the pacing was great. This has by far been the greatest Halo game to date give or take some of the dated graphics at times.

Absolutely loved it.

I loved the somber tone to the game, and the PTSD that the chief has been experiencing throughout. They really expanded on his human side, but also his soldier side.

The pilot was annoying at first up until his breakdown. This game is all about overcoming failure and rising above it which is a great message overall and true to the series as a whole. So many events led to these moments.

Escharum wasn't the best enemy, but he was determined, as were the Spartan Killers. Near the end, Cortana and Atriox stole the show especially when you realize Cortana destroyed the entire brute planet. This was a good warm up to what's coming with The Endless and Atriox. They really have a great foundation for the next set of games while giving Cortana a proper funeral.

The fact that the UNSC is all but ripped apart also brings the series back to it's roots with the Master Chief being one of the sole survivors of a tragic spartan killing event.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

What is annoying from my perspective that solution isn't to play better (Not that I have some leet pro fps gamer skills), but to simply play slow and avoid any manner of risks at all costs.
The difficulty basically boiled down to, don't get caught outside cover. At start I was playing agressive hook play, but by end of campaign I was using grappling hook to escape and get out of situations.

Hook should have been it's own button.
And much much more obvious design should have been there to make us use the Side skip skill, like they implemented Scanner which was basically a must have tool.

Also No Repulsor in campaign. 343 final aim should be to make people familiar with these 3-4 skills so natively that when they crank up the difficulty player should overcome by relying on these skills rather than play cover shooter hide and seek.

Demigod Mac

Does purchasing Halo Infinite allow you to play it on both Xbox and PC interchangeably or do you become locked to the platform it's purchased on?
(my old rig runs it way better than expected)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Does purchasing Halo Infinite allow you to play it on both Xbox and PC interchangeably or do you become locked to the platform it's purchased on?
(my old rig runs it way better than expected)

It is Play Anywhere. You are not locked to either platform.

Topher

Gold Member
It's honestly now in my top games all-time, but then you kinda already knew I was in love with the game they were designing and the universe up front. The variety of ways to play it are just fantastic, and I felt the FOB system was excellent in getting the player to venture out into the world for collectibles and high value targets that made us see what was so good about the explorable Halo ring they built. There are more potential combat approaches and possibilities in this Halo than in any Halo game to ever exist. It's never felt more fun. And, as a huge lore fan, I just enjoy what they did with the game's story and its characters. Escharum is the single best villain ever to grace a Halo game. He was a character with depth, and who I ended up respecting.

I loved the FOBs and facilities you had to take on. That part of the game was a blast to play. I'm hoping as they expand Infinite in the future they find ways to bring that game play into the story missions rather than endless corridors.

I'll just have to disagree on Escharum. He was as deep as a slice of American cheese. He was fine as a run-of-the-mill villain in the gaming world, but really nothing special. I can't speak to other villains in Halo as I haven't played those games.

Lt.Calley

Banned
The Halo campaign formula: Bring your fav guns to a mission, run out of bullets for them 1/3 into the mission, pick up trashy guns on the ground for the rest of the mission. Rinse and Repeat.

Deanington

The Halo campaign formula: Bring your fav guns to a mission, run out of bullets for them 1/3 into the mission, pick up trashy guns on the ground for the rest of the mission. Rinse and Repeat.

Not a fan of the Mangler?

Anyways, the campaign/gameplay so far is great and the rings design especially foreunner areas is amazing.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Not really. That's pretty much how the main story missions go but the open world doesn't follow that formula as much. I'm optimistic though that 343 will be able to expand on the foundation they have put in place going forward.

Havoc2049

I carried the Battle Rifle the whole way through the game on Heroic and Legendary. The BR is great for taking down enemies at distance and those deadly snipers on Legendary. Then go in and clean up areas with Marines, vehicles and whatever secondary weapon I want. In both the open world part and on the levels, there is kinetic ammo boxes everywhere for human weapons.

On Legendary, don't sleep on the Sentinel Beam, Shock Rifle, or Stalker Rifle and look for Kinectic ammo if you have the BR. The Assault Rifle is pretty good as well. Drop plenty of Drop Walls.

Last edited:

GriffinCorp

I just finished the game and I really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I love the open world feel and the grapple was an AMAZING feature to add.

Top Bottom