• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

Is there an easy way to kill these huge blue porcupines that have green canons they usually come in pairs,seems like I’m unloading a lot of bullets and nothing.

DrCheese

Is there an easy way to kill these huge blue porcupines that have green canons they usually come in pairs,seems like I’m unloading a lot of bullets and nothing.

You have to get behind them and unload into their backs. I'm used to them now from other games so find it fairly easy to get behind them, but you can use the grapple or the speed up thing.

You have to get behind them and unload into their backs. I'm used to them now from other games so find it fairly easy to get behind them, but you can use the grapple or the speed up thing.
Ah ok I’ll try I have two red ones that are wanted I think and I’m having trouble.thanks alot.

Crew511A

Just finished. And I though Bungie was lazy with the Library level. Holy shit the indoor stuff in this game is worse than that. Outdoor stuff was great.

I noticed that when I did a speed run for beating the main campaign under 8 hours. I thought the exact same thing about it resembling The Library. Some of those levels just went on and on.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Was away for a month and finally got a chance to comply the campaign just fee days ago. Did anyone else found the OST boring? And not standout?

fyi i was a huge fan of Halo 5 OST

Also the indoor levels were boring as fuck. I liked the story and characters. Definitely step up from H5.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

Has there ever been a word of Ray Tracing? cause it was supposed to be brought in with an update, is that still happening

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like Infinite is finally getting a patch to fix the first person animations so they run at the full frame rate instead of 30 FPS.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
GlI31da.jpg

So I made onyx some months ago, hasn't logged in forever. And now I'm back at placement matches? How come

Crew511A

Mediocre game with boring side-quests ripped straight out of a Ubisoft game. Repetitive forerunner hallways, lack of new guns and enemy types as well. 7/10.

I think that's harsh, but to each his own. I loved it the first time around, but have no desire for a second play through. I agree about the long, boring forerunner areas, but my biggest gripe was the bosses on Legendary. So many of them were bullet sponges that could kill you in one hit, and you're stuck fighting them in close quarters. Really 343? The first boss is practically right on top of you after the cutscene, so it's a crap shoot in terms of whether you even get to move before dying. That happens again later with another boss.

Reach on Legendary was hard, but fair. Infinite on Legendary is just cheap.

kiphalfton

Playing through the campaign and although gameplay is enjoyable, I think the move to open world was a mistake. I think a lot of devs get into a predicament where they blow their budget on creating the world, then have to scramble to fill it in. Clearly the game has been padded out with copy & pasted FOB’s/side missions/enemies, there’s some nonsense upgrades, etc. Strip that away, and the game is pretty bare bones.

Also the dialogue is pretty atrocious from NPC’s as I’ve heard some movie references (I.e. “hold onto your butts”) while they’re riding shotgun. It’s not even funny, and more so sad than anything. Mainly because I have zero connection with any of the side characters, since I’m always having to rescue these copy & pasted marines and then they disappear into the ether.

I’d give the game a 7/10, based on what I’ve played so far, if only because a a big proponent of what helps prop it up is the gameplay.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Is there a way to find out what the active main story mission is? When I'm on the map screen and press Y it just has a list of random missions, in fallout 4 you can select the main story quest can u do that in infinite? Otherwise how do I know how to progress?

I was out of the HALO loop since xbox 360 so it was interesting to jump back in with Infinite. That hook is probably the best thing they ever added, I use that more for traversal than for actual pulling things or stunning enemies lol. Overall Id say they did a good job and the length didnt overstay its welcome. The only thing Id say as a negative as someone that has not played the franchise in years is that it kind of felt samey from enemies to level design. I haven't played yet Halo 4 and 5, I remember good and bad things being written about it so I will def try those as well now that I have an XsX.

Havoc2049

343 has been kinda killing it with all the updates to Infinite and MCC here of late. They added an 8-Player option to Firefight in MCC, along with Join In Progress, and Rejoin if you get kicked. Theater mode to Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. They also added Escalation to Halo 3, that also includes all the Halo 3 ODST weapons.

Top Bottom