• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite PC Overview Premiere

Bo_Hazem

Banned
just-watching-watching.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
… does this imply that Ray tracing still won’t be available in the game at launch despite the year long delay?
Thats literally what they are saying.

We saw the game at 4K was already using 8+GB of VRAM, they are gonna be more optimization passes and a need to get the game playable on AMD hardware with Raytracing on.
Unfortunate the MS/AMD relationship is strong cuz no DLSS either atleast at launch which is a bit of a bummer.

Just happy they are actually paying attention to PC and its not a lazy port.

Im so tempted to go Ultrawide.

EDIT:

Thank god for their crossplay options for ranked.
Controller, M/KB, and Open Season motherfuckers.

Controller ranked all day....on a PC....if they got the controls right.

Last edited:
DRM Free
Anti-Cheat
Lowest Latency Control
Custom Controls
Ultra-Wide Support
Heavy PC customization
PC Level Option Customization on Console
Ranked Console Hopper
Ranked PC Hopper
Ranked Cross-Play Hopper
Halo Infinite RX6900XT
Xbox One, Xbox Series, Windows and Steam cross-play
Cloud Saves Across all platforms

Last edited:
Even though I don't like the game since I feel it's nothing like a real Halo game, I do appreciate the effort they are putting for the PC version.
Really? what is a real Halo game then? Halo CE is the original and that plays very different to Halo 3, so I presume you are talking about CE?

Ozriel

M$FT
No co op and no ray tracing at launch is bomba news for a year delay

not if you’re among the 90% of people that don’t play coop.
Ray tracing is low priority for launch, anyway. And you were never going to play this anyway.

Don’t you find constant console warring tiresome?

Last edited:
not if you’re among the 90% of people that don’t play coop.
Ray tracing is low priority for launch, anyway. And you were never going to play this anyway.

Don’t you find constant console warring tiresome?
You aren’t getting paid for this. You do know that right? I’m not console warring in the slightest. Im addressing a concern with a singular game.

I also like pretty things and I have friends (sorry Im not like you) so I indeed WOULD play this co op.

Chiggs

Maybe if they just include this in the Master Chief Collection as a $9.99 add-on people will enjoy it?

Last edited:
I don't give a damn about Ray Tracing at launch. Give me the best campaign they can put together for launch absent ray tracing and whatever other work they would need to do in order to optimize it for ray tracing. Focus everything on delivering the most awesome, polished campaign experience first. After they've done that successfully, then they can look into bringing us a badass ray traced update along with the co-op experience.

The core game comes first. Anything that could potentially get in the way of the core campaign experience out of the gate need not be a priority for them. I'm happy with things being handled afterwards, same as Insomniac did when they initially launched with only a 30fps RT mode for Miles Morales, and would later add 60fps RT about a month or so after. We know 60fps is the only option in Halo Infinite, so they can't launch even with a 30fps version of it, and they're likely to go for a different approach and use ray traced global illumination instead.

I don't give a damn about Ray Tracing at launch. Give me the best campaign they can put together for launch absent ray tracing and whatever other work they would need to do in order to optimize it for ray tracing. Focus everything on delivering the most awesome, polished campaign experience first. After they've done that successfully, then they can look into bringing us a badass ray traced update along with the co-op experience.

The core game comes first. Anything that could potentially get in the way of the core campaign experience out of the gate need not be a priority for them. I'm happy with things being handled afterwards, same as Insomniac did when they initially launched with only a 30fps RT mode for Miles Morales, and would later add 60fps RT about a month or so after. We know 60fps is the only option in Halo Infinite, so they can't launch even with a 30fps version of it, and they're likely to go for a different approach and use ray traced global illumination instead.
Global illumination is a much more demanding form of RT

Exanthus

Banned
The game is mere weeks from going gold, campaign will be coming in December, choo choo mofos!

Last edited:
Top Bottom