• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Review Thread

RPS37

Sorry if already mentioned but does anyone know if the campaign brings you up to speed with the story/events of previous titles? Last Halo I played was 3, and all I remember is that big plant thing talking with Chief lol
Bagged a Series X with infinite and can't wait to get started 🙂👍
No recap whatsoever.
Big plant was in 2.

twilo99

Has anyone been able to get it to run on gamepass for PC who has the multiplayer part already installed?

edit. nevermind,. I needed to manually refresh for updates

Last edited:
So I finally managed to tear myself away from the controller and convince myself to go to bed. It’s fucking great, it’s much better than I thought it would be and feels so polished.

twilo99

The upgrade process for the campaign on PC is stupid lol

There is a small 3gb update that happens inside the gamepass app, and then you have to do the 20gb update in game..

Schmick

Only if you are close to a azure thingy.. but yes, it might be alright at 60fps
Yep.. plays great. Been playing through the first hour or so. The only thing that sucks is I suck at FPS with controllers.

I have no idea how far i am from a Azure thingy and i wouldnt know how i would find that out.

twilo99

Yep.. plays great. Been playing through the first hour or so. The only thing that sucks is I suck at FPS with controllers.

I have no idea how far i am from a Azure thingy and i wouldnt know how i would find that out.

yeah, no mouse and keyboard support for xcloud sucks.. hopefully they will add support.

I think you can check here

Azure Speed Test 2.0

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ive just started, im on the 2nd level and this is the first time Im actually enjoying a halo game.

The story is engaging, the banished are like klingons from star trek discovery.

The sound is the best Ive heard from a videogame, the directionality is amazing on headphones. It crazy how all the enemies talk to each other with such clarity.

The gunplay is the best, the gunshots sound impactful, really fun to play.

So far way better then HALO 5.

So far im enjoying it more then doom eternal, its hard to describe everything just feels more polished and more fun.

Max_Po

Banned
Apparently it doesn't bring you up to speed that well, and further in the campaign it really builds on the events of Halo 5, and deep into the Halo lore. I would watch this video if I was you.

wow, the is amazing. I never cared or bothered with the story of HALO

iHaunter

Campaign is garbo so far. No spoilers, but it's mediocre, with super edgy cringe dialogue. Just feels flat, generic, and has no life in it.

I do like some of the new guns I will say. Spanish dude most annoying side-character ever. Like Abby from TLOU II.

Last edited:

Fredrik

The first hour was a banger Jaffe on some dumb shit
Yeah. Just cleared the first LZ and so far it was a great first impression. Zero complaints.
First hour was meh in my opinion, but things changed dramatically once you’re out in the open so I’m guessing Jaffe will change his mind soon just as I did. My app timer says over 4 hours now, with just a little mp and UI fiddling I’m guessing it took me at least 2 hours to reach the you can go anywhere spot. My first wow came when I grappled myself up a mountain and took a look at the scenery, just amazing 👌

Kagey K

Banned
Not feelin it so far…
Season 1 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

I figured you'd be the first in line to love every MS game ever.

Last edited:

rapid32.5

Weapon's voice over is magical. I can listen to her all day.
343 nailed the gunplay and the world so far, my only concern for the story I hope it doesn' fall apart by the end.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Campaign is garbo so far. No spoilers, but it's mediocre, with super edgy cringe dialogue. Just feels flat, generic, and has no life in it.

I do like some of the new guns I will say. Spanish dude most annoying side-character ever. Like Abby from TLOU II.
Cutscenes probably needed to be 10 mins longer each so people could really get the true motivation as to why John117 grew up the way he did, and why he's so out in space.

All the marine and random dialogue is so lifeless, should have probably had another cutscene before every encounter so we could really understand why the aliens wanted to activate the Halo and fight the only humans out there.

twilo99

Weapon's voice over is magical. I can listen to her all day.
343 nailed the gunplay and the world so far, my only concern for the story I hope it doesn' fall apart by the end.

They might have to turn to Bethesda for some proper storytelling..

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
The first inside level I was not liking it, then the 2nd part it grabbed me with the Halo CE like big rooms and nice opening doors. Then outside I was like Wow! I've got all that magical gameplay to look forward to in this world.
Like someone said play it on heroic. Can't wait to finish work and it's been quite a while I've had that feeling to get home for a video game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nobody noticed a lot of Gradient banding around crosshair the dark? Film grain dithering would fix it but it’s missing.
same as motion blur. Game feels stiff and not as smooth as 80 fps I am getting on pc

Jaffe is tripping balls. The first 10 minutes of the game had me pumped and so far the story beats are good. I love the antagonist too, hellbent on screwing over humanity and super confident in it.

When you hit the Zeta ring, it just gets even better. So far in the 2 hours I’ve played on Heroic, it’s definitely my favourite Halo game so far.

Calverz

Started last night. Got to zeta ring and so far the opening was excellent. Can’t wait to get a warthog and drive around. Also the brute pistol is so good in campaign. Not so much in multiplayer lol

Assaulty

Happy to see so many Playstation fans weighing in objectively on this game and throwing around 5 and 7 out of 10s. Keep them coming guys, real curious to see what the real gamers think

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I believe everything YTbers say because BF 2042 community were spot on about it being amazing and the best BF ever. And if you believe that, I have some beans to sell you.
The game is out and everyone is playing, what beans do you have to spill? Or do you still believe the metacritic score will magically drop to the 60s.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will staunchly affiliate themselves with one company until the day they die.
I don’t think that’s it - I think he just (rightly) feels the narrative of halo is not nearly the quality of a song first party game. And… it’s not. But that’s not what halo is about anyway - it’s the gameplay and encounters.

- Game is amazing btw. Exactly what halo should be. It’s not too deep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom