• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Review Thread

Starfield

I'm at the 3 AA canons now, is there any way you can go back to the old areas in case you wanna collect the rest of the stuff?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Game is so so fun, which only makes my disappointment in The graphics worse. Loving the sandbox gameplay, the chaos and physics are really fun to watch unfold. I don't mind dying just to reset. But good lord, the ugliest trees, the most sparse grass, everything rendered far away looks unfinished. Indoor alien stuff looks clean but man. Witcher 3 didn't have the best assets for foliage but they put so gd much of it with crazy sunsets the whole was more than the sum of its parts. Also the bodies disappear like barely after 10 seconds. Sad.

Also my frames are shit. 4790k 1080ti. I feel like I should maxing this image no sweat. Is there some sort of bad optimization going on?

The game doesn't look bad on series X.
What resolution are you running it at? Also the 4790 is likely a bottleneck at this point.

gatti-man

This game mentioning the flood makes me want them back as a main enemy. Now that graphics and ai interactions are far better I think the flood have untapped potential especially in open world style games.

The game doesn't look bad on series X.
What resolution are you running it at? Also the 4790 is likely a bottleneck at this point.
1440p. I plan is to upgrade whenever getting a gpu is normal again. Not in any sort of rush as for every single game besides this one I can run no sweat. It's basically going to have to be a new comp as new GPU would be dumb without a modern cpu, so that means new MOBO, new ram.

Vagswarm

I was just browsing through the user reviews on Metacritic, and thought this one was great:

"Very good game, just ignore the negative reviews. These are people who have no taste and why would you care what tasteless people think."

Some people are giving the game a 0. No way is it that bad.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
1440p. I plan is to upgrade whenever getting a gpu is normal again. Not in any sort of rush as for every single game besides this one I can run no sweat. It's basically going to have to be a new comp as new GPU would be dumb without a modern cpu, so that means new MOBO, new ram.

Ya, traditionally if gpu prices were ok you'd just upgrade normally, but its so messed up.
You might consider getting a console as a stopgap, probably hold its value pretty well until you decide to upgrade the PC.
It least nowadays, if you are set up at a desk, a console can be hooked to a monitor and or a keyboard too.

Ywap

I love the game so far :messenger_horns:I have only defeated 2 bosses on Legendary. They have been pretty hard and can imagine the upcoming bosses will be no laughing matter :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I just wish we could remove TAA since movement causes some severe blurring :(

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I came around on the campaign yesterday, as i started to explore the map then realized three hours had passed. I still cant shake the feeling of it being incomplete though, and i hate that they couldnt just tell is a story that takes place directly after 5, so much cool stuff is told to you rather than shown to you. It really feels like we are missing a game between 5 and infinite. A baffling choice really. Also there were many moments where i thought, man this would be great with a buddy, then remembered its gonna be 7 fucking months until that happens. Those things for me bring this experience from a 9 to a 7. They had an extra year of development, no reason this should still be incomplete. For as many great things as this game does, there are just as many baffling design choices and missing features.

JLB

Banned
I came around on the campaign yesterday, as i started to explore the map then realized three hours had passed. I still cant shake the feeling of it being incomplete though, and i hate that they couldnt just tell is a story that takes place directly after 5, so much cool stuff is told to you rather than shown to you. It really feels like we are missing a game between 5 and infinite. A baffling choice really. Also there were many moments where i thought, man this would be great with a buddy, then remembered its gonna be 7 fucking months until that happens. Those things for me bring this experience from a 9 to a 7. They had an extra year of development, no reason this should still be incomplete. For as many great things as this game does, there are just as many baffling design choices and missing features.
We dont know in which state this game was a year ago to say that.

Last edited:

Alex11

I was just browsing through the user reviews on Metacritic, and thought this one was great:

"Very good game, just ignore the negative reviews. These are people who have no taste and why would you care what tasteless people think."

Some people are giving the game a 0. No way is it that bad.
Yeah,I don`t really get those who rate a game 0,especially a game that is good,or at least not bad.
Having said that I don`t agree either that Halo Infinite is a 10.

I know it`s a cliche,but I`m a big Halo fan,and there are so many things that I adore about Infinite and in almost equal measure many things that I can`t stand about the game,or or don`t understand why they made some choices.Gameplaywise it`s the best Halo for me(personally the most important thing in a game),but in all other aspects far from the best(not including graphics).
If I take make Halo glasses off I would give Infinite an 8.

Last edited:

CutePoP

Banned
rCYnzrt.png

Available on: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
Developer: 343 Industries
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Genres: Action, First-Person Shooter

Metacritic stopped holding weight when All these Xbox centric review sites started appearing this gen to inflate Xbox metacritic scores. Compare it to last gen and you won’t this websites anywhere.

FF6_9eDX0AAthfi

Kenpachii

Game is so so fun, which only makes my disappointment in The graphics worse. Loving the sandbox gameplay, the chaos and physics are really fun to watch unfold. I don't mind dying just to reset. But good lord, the ugliest trees, the most sparse grass, everything rendered far away looks unfinished. Indoor alien stuff looks clean but man. Witcher 3 didn't have the best assets for foliage but they put so gd much of it with crazy sunsets the whole was more than the sum of its parts. Also the bodies disappear like barely after 10 seconds. Sad.

Also my frames are shit. 4790k 1080ti. I feel like I should maxing this image no sweat. Is there some sort of bad optimization going on?

Game runs poor all around on PC, u need beefy hardware to get even a stable 60 fps at 1080p at higher settings.

Emedan

Game runs poor all around on PC, u need beefy hardware to get even a stable 60 fps at 1080p at higher settings.
That's not really true.

I play with around 60fps with a 10 year old 2700k, 8GB DDR3 and a GTX 1070 - granted not at high but pre-set at medium (haven't tried high) - that said all except the GPU is 10 year old hardware (GPU being 5 year old) and it looks and plays fine at 1080p.

twilo99

The only thing lacking is in writing/dialogue, the rest is really good. The sound in this game is probably my favorite part, along with the actual soundtrack.

Topher

Gold Member
Metacritic stopped holding weight when All these Xbox centric review sites started appearing this gen to inflate Xbox metacritic scores. Compare it to last gen and you won’t this websites anywhere.

FF6_9eDX0AAthfi

PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox centric review sites have been posting their scores on metacritic for many many years. This is hardly anything new.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Taken as a whole, Halo Infinite is an amazing package. This series has been down in the dumps where its mainline offerings are concerned for some time now, and even in the lead-up to Halo Infinite's launch, things were looking pretty dire until not that long ago. 343 Industries has made an excellent recovery though, for which the studio deserves all the praise in the world.

Simultaneously recapturing a legendary series' essence and moving it forward in significant and meaningful ways is a pretty tall order, to say the very least, but Halo Infinite pulls it off with great aplomb. And now, at long last, Halo is back to its best.

Pallas

So another MS flagship title ends up in low 80 metacritic. The time and money invested in this and they can't break 90? It's their flagship title with a year delay.
This didn’t age well.

FF6_9eDX0AAthfi
You should see how they reviewed games like crackdown 3. Gain some perspective.

The gameplay and sandbox is fantastic. Story isn’t great and it is a bit content starved but fast forward a year or so with the inclusion of co op, more PvP maps, PvE like Spartan Ops and Forge/Theatre mode and it will be an absolute must play. Even still it’s the most I have enjoyed a FPS since I can recall. More campaign content too please.

Last edited:

reksveks

FF6_9eDX0AAthfi
Can you tell me which publications have come in the last year?

Vagswarm

Just saw that. There's spoilers of Halo 4, 5 and Infinite about midway through. Best watched if you haven't played those or don't care either way.

I thought the review was fair. Didn't even think that there were no new enemies, but didn't really care because the gameplay was so tight.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So I've been exploring for hours and just now got back to the story. Went up against the first two hunters in the game.......good grief those guys were tough.

Thankfully, I have one of these:

halo-infinite-scorpion-pic.jpg

Two shots.....two kills.

Last edited:

FF6_9eDX0AAthfi
Kind of like how Sony-centric sites do the same thing, right? Except, despite the graphics here and there, the game deserves every high score. It’s the most fun Halo I’ve ever played and I’ve played them all.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Why do people argue over the score of a game? People have opinions and if you like the game you don't need to have that validated by a third party. Enjoy the game. If you don't like it that is ok too, express your opinion and move on.

oldergamer

Why do people argue over the score of a game? People have opinions and if you like the game you don't need to have that validated by a third party. Enjoy the game. If you don't like it that is ok too, express your opinion and move on.
Agree with you. People however here are trying to use reviews to support whatever opinion they already have formed ( most ) before the game even came out.

Topher

Gold Member
Agree with you. People however here are trying to use reviews to support whatever opinion they already have formed ( most ) before the game even came out.

It isn’t like Angry Joe gave the game a negative review. 7/10 is a good score. So what is the problem?

Top Bottom