• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Review Thread

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This is going to sound overly negative, when I don't necessarily mean it to, because I enjoyed my time with the campaign.

But this experience reminds me heavily of my time with Cyberpunk 2077. Spent a week, completely addicted, by two carrots: the fun addictive nature of the gameplay, and the promise of something more ambitious around the corner. The latter going largely unfulfilled.

And there are similarities between the two games in terms of production & development, but I wouldn't really go down that avenue, because 343 handled the situation in a way that was much more honest, overall.

Thankfully, I think this game will improve on a more drastic scale and more quickly than Cyberpunk 2077. It just may reach it's potential.

CAPSOL

This is going to sound overly negative, when I don't necessarily mean it to, because I enjoyed my time with the campaign.

But this experience reminds me heavily of my time with Cyberpunk 2077. Spent a week, completely addicted, by two carrots: the fun addictive nature of the gameplay, and the promise of something more ambitious around the corner. The latter going largely unfulfilled.

And there are similarities between the two games in terms of production & development, but I wouldn't really go down that avenue, because 343 handled the situation in a way that was much more honest, overall.

Thankfully, I think this game will improve on a more drastic scale and more quickly than Cyberpunk 2077. It just may reach it's potential.
I felt similar, at least with the campaign.

It makes a great first impression that something amazing is coming but it then starts to fall flat with repetitive level design and encounters.

I liked it and would score it around a 7.5/10 but it was nothing too memorable IMO.

Last edited:

Assaulty

I don't agree, but you seem to like him and his schtick, so to each their own. As far as reviewers and credibility goes, he's at the bottom of my list.

Not a fan of AJ, but listening to his review while working out yesterday, his review was fair. Basically gameplay was a 10/10, just like music. Graphics servicable, the rest is pretty bad atm and it's the truth. The game is completely saved by it's amazing gameplay.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm really enjoying this. Playing on my newly acquired RTX 3060ti on my 65 in LG TV at 120Hz with an Xbox One controller is kind of amazing. The visuals are top notch.

amigastar

I'm really enjoying this. Playing on my newly acquired RTX 3060ti on my 65 in LG TV at 120Hz with an Xbox One controller is kind of amazing. The visuals are top notch.
Ah, i'm envying you on that RTX 3060Ti, I've only managed to get a RTX 2060 OC at this point. I hope the 4000 series will be more widely available.

Anyways, i stopped playing Halo Infinite, want to continue again though, at some time.

Last edited:
Not a fan of AJ, but listening to his review while working out yesterday, his review was fair. Basically gameplay was a 10/10, just like music. Graphics servicable, the rest is pretty bad atm and it's the truth. The game is completely saved by it's amazing gameplay.
Opinion, not truth. There's a VERY big difference between those two.

Completed the game and overall thought it was good. Better than 4 or 5.

My main gripe is that the “open world” section is pretty empty, and after a while trivial when you get banshees etc.

Also for it being “infinite” I was expecting a more varied areas… it was just grass

The larger arenas of the main story were a lot more enjoyable.

Top Bottom