• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Season 2: Lone Wolves

BeardGawd

Banned
As many know I've been pretty critical of 343's slow output. But after taking a harder look at Season 2's content I'm getting pretty excited.

What to expect

2 new maps

• Catalyst, a new Arena map set in a Forerunner structure.
  • Breaker, a "pseudo symmetric" Big Team Battle map set in a Banished scrapyard of ruined vehicles and destroyed ships.
Pretty nice map preview video (quality over quantity):

3 New Game Modes
  • King of the Hill - Each team fights over a single territory that moves to a new location on the map once one team captures it fully and scores a point.
  • Land Grab - Challenges each team to try to capture multiple points on the map. The first team to capture 11 zones wins the match.
  • Last Spartan Standing - A hybrid of battle royale and gun game that features 12 players in a free-for-all on a Big Team Battle map. Each player gets five respawns, but once they die for the fifth time, they're knocked out of the match. Also, scoring kills against other players allows you to upgrade to a new weapon (like gun game), and as the match progresses, a deadly energy field slowly engulfs the map, forcing players to get closer and closer to one another (like battle royale). The match ends when there's only one player left alive.

2 "Narrative Events"
  • Interference on May 3 to May 16
  • Alpha Pack on July 19 to August 1
  • Possibly PVE coop experiences??

Halo Infinite campaign co-op (late August)
Campaign mission replay (late August)

Forge level creation mode
  • Open beta starts in September
Also some pretty cool armor and cosmetics this season:
ydbqxaE.jpg
HRaP1gW.jpg
iBc0ncV.jpg
XlvnCMm.jpg
ZnJmvaU.jpg

More Cosmetics here:

Very interested in the new PVE modes and trying out the sorely needed new maps.

As many know I've been pretty critical of 343's slow output. But after taking a harder look at Season 2's content I'm getting pretty excited.

What to expect

2 new maps

• Catalyst, a new Arena map set in a Forerunner structure.
  • Breaker, a "pseudo symmetric" Big Team Battle map set in a Banished scrapyard of ruined vehicles and destroyed ships.
Pretty nice map preview video (quality over quantity):

3 New Game Modes
  • King of the Hill - Each team fights over a single territory that moves to a new location on the map once one team captures it fully and scores a point.
  • Land Grab - Challenges each team to try to capture multiple points on the map. The first team to capture 11 zones wins the match.
  • Last Spartan Standing - A hybrid of battle royale and gun game that features 12 players in a free-for-all on a Big Team Battle map. Each player gets five respawns, but once they die for the fifth time, they're knocked out of the match. Also, scoring kills against other players allows you to upgrade to a new weapon (like gun game), and as the match progresses, a deadly energy field slowly engulfs the map, forcing players to get closer and closer to one another (like battle royale). The match ends when there's only one player left alive.

2 "Narrative Events"
  • Interference on May 3 to May 16
  • Alpha Pack on July 19 to August 1
  • Possibly PVE coop experiences??

Halo Infinite campaign co-op (late August)
Campaign mission replay (late August)

Forge level creation mode
  • Open beta starts in September
Also some pretty cool armor and cosmetics this season:
ydbqxaE.jpg
HRaP1gW.jpg
iBc0ncV.jpg
XlvnCMm.jpg
ZnJmvaU.jpg

More Cosmetics here:

Very interested in the new PVE modes and trying out the sorely needed new maps.

What are the Narrative events exactly?

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
I'll give it a try. I'm not impressed with the amount of new content (it should be more than 2 maps, it just should), but the new game modes are the big thing for me, and badly needed.

Unlike many people, i think 343 bring the goods, at least with Infinite. My problem with them is they are so damn slow with everything they do, just too slow.
Not enough content for sure, apex next week is about to beat it with s13

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I don't really like the "shrinking bubble" mechanic in battle royale games. I appreciate that it deters camping and helps the game session move along, but it also just feels a bit too chaotic and invasive, for my personal taste. At the least, I hope they don't shrink the level down too much.

Leyasu

Banned
I think that Halo infinite is the best playing halo MP too date.

But the lack of content that this game shipped with, coupled with the pathetic amount that season 2 is coming with (just 2 maps) is all inexcusable. 343 are undoubtedly poorly managed and more than likely have a massive problem with their new (20yr old) slipspace engine. Where both togather are causing this embarassment

Havoc2049

It depends on the maps. They look like they could be really good. King of the Hill is always fun and Last Spartan Standing sounds like it might be fun. I'll definitely buy the new Battle Pass and give it a go. This season should actually be better than last season, as they got rid of some (but not all) of the challenges that promote bad team play and there will be more gameplay types and more maps.

Meowtor

Gold Member
fell off halo due to really not a lot of content, glad to see more stuff is coming out but also like... gimmie forge already

splattered

I finally started playing the campaign, yeah it reminds me of Far Cry with the remote bases and stuff but it's still a ton of fun. Playing through on Heroic mode. Tough at first but gotten the hang of it and the spartan core upgrades have helped survivability a bit too.

Codes 208

Oh boy, cant wait to play the 2 whole new maps (that we waited six months for) for about four hours before getting bored again!

Well unless desync kills the vibe first
So how do I level in the event battle pass?
You need to complete the highlighted objectives that pop up
Doesn't this season last until like November of this year? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Yup, get ready for another long wait for more content…

Last edited:

Banned
my cousin still plays this DOGSHIT game and just sent me the most hilarious, yet totally expected text...

THESE DOGSHIT FUCKING DEVELOPERS FORGOT TO TURN OFF SOME OF THE LEAVING PENALTIES FOR THE NEW LAST SPARTAN STANDING MODE!

🤣

I'm so happy that I uninstalled and now can just look, point and laugh at this fucking dogshit game 🤣

so basically, you can not exit the game after you are out of lives, because you will not get any progress for your challenges 🤣

this dev team is so fucking useless and shit it's actually pure comedy at this point,
I looked on Reddit an multiple people are uninstalling due to all the new bugs and the aforementioned issues with the new mode.

another thing I read is that you can sometimes spawn in an area where you are cut off from the rest of the map and would need to run out of the circle, which kills you, in order to get back in 🤣

Last edited:

elliot5

my cousin still plays this DOGSHIT game and just sent me the most hilarious, yet totally expected text...

THESE DOGSHIT FUCKING DEVELOPERS FORGOT TO TURN OFF SOME OF THE LEAVING PENALTIES FOR THE NEW LAST SPARTAN STANDING MODE!

🤣

I'm so happy that I uninstalled and now can just look, point and laugh at this fucking dogshit game 🤣

so basically, you can not exit the game after you are out of lives, because you will not get any progress for your challenges 🤣

this dev team is so fucking useless and shit it's actually pure comedy at this point,
I looked on Reddit an multiple people are uninstalling due to all the new bugs and the aforementioned issues with the new mode.

another thing I read is that you can sometimes spawn in an area where you are cut off from the rest of the map and would need to run out of the circle, which kills you, in order to get back in 🤣
That’s not true lmao. Ive left like 9 LSS games with no penalty. You get progress still even if you leave the match just needs to end and update on the servers.

Banned
That’s not true lmao. Ive left like 9 LSS games with no penalty. You get progress still even if you leave the match just needs to end and update on the servers.

wait, so you get the progress after a few minutes or what? either way that's fucking stupid.

all I know is he sent me a video showing no progression after leaving his match.

also, apparently there are numerous new bugs including not being able to play campaign sometimes and needing to restart the game until it registers that you own the campaign

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
They’ve also removed Free For All but you can still get Free For All challenges…

Rumble Pit or LSS don’t count towards the FFA challenges either.

But they have added 120fps mode for Series S! Holy fuck.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
"

NEW TARGET FRAME RATE OPTIONS FOR XBOX SERIES X|S CONSOLES​

Xbox Series S consoles now support a 120hz refresh option. Xbox Series X now support a 30Hz refresh option."

30fps for Series X mode as well as the 120fps for Series S.

Sorne

Yea last spartan standing is actually quite fun! And the BTB map is good as well.

Still haven't had a match on the new arena map.

SEGA_2012

Can't wait to finish work and play the new season of this masterpiece for 4 hours straight!!!!

LET'S GO SPARTANS ! LET'S GO ! YEAH !

*grabs MA5D Assault Rifle and jumps from WASP*

Calverz

Last Spartan standing is quite tense. The new cosmetics are also a step up and keeping in line with halo aesthetic. Got something to work through now

Leyasu

Banned
Is it me or have they polished up the grfx a bit? Looked a bit sharper on the XsX.

The new arena map is pretty damn good too. I will give last Spartan standing a go tomorrow. Not a bad update. Just a bit light for 6 months

Is it me or have they polished up the grfx a bit? Looked a bit sharper on the XsX.

The new arena map is pretty damn good too. I will give last Spartan standing a go tomorrow. Not a bad update. Just a bit light for 6 months
No one can argue that the releases aren't frequent enough for the fanbase but like most service based games it will improve over time. I'm curious to see how the game is after year 1. Apex Legends, Fortnite, and Sea of Thieves weren't amazing in 6 months.

dcmk7

Banned
Greys GIF by ABC Network

Glad to see the XSS eventually getting feature parity with XSX, as it was originally marketed, should have been included upon release tho.

A lot of other titles are still missing features and modes, hopefully they get the same attention at some point. Even if it's just the first party studios.

Should mean that XSS's version of Halo Infinite is the second best version now too.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
No one can argue that the releases aren't frequent enough for the fanbase but like most service based games it will improve over time. I'm curious to see how the game is after year 1. Apex Legends, Fortnite, and Sea of Thieves weren't amazing in 6 months.
I know. But it is not just this season, I am talking about the whole MP package being light from day 1. It is just a shame seeing how great this game plays

I know. But it is not just this season, I am talking about the whole MP package being light from day 1. It is just a shame seeing how great this game plays
How many maps and game modes does Fortnite have again? Especially in the first year. The first trailer came out in 2011, the game came out in 2017. From what I recall there were 2 modes and barely any free customization.

Last edited:
Top Bottom