• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Season 3 drops March 7

MiguelItUp

Good on them! For as good as the gunplay felt/feels, I hope that Infinite just continues to get better and better. I really enjoyed my time with the multiplayer, but then I just put it down because of the lack of content. I'll definitely pick it back up soon enough, I'm sure.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Hell Yeah Yes GIF

I've seen worse games come back from the brink and go on to do pretty well. I don't see Infinite being as big as it could have been, but the game is a good game and I hope it sees more regular updates to grow the community over time and mend some of the ill will currently directed at the franchise.

Last edited:
Halo Infinite has dropped off my Series X.
I needed to make space for Atomic Heart.

After playing a few hours of Atomic Heart. Going into Halo just feels like stepping into wet grey concrete missing the ingredient to make it hard.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Finally a good update. New maps? Not relying on Reach nostalgia ?

This is a good path. Keep this momentum.

vj27

Banned
Wow that actually looks fantastic... and the CGI bit of the trailer was cool, what was that???
Continuing the story from season 2. Halo has always had the best story for an FPS game, kind of crazy it took them this long to actually tell one.

Last edited:

vj27

Banned
Hoping they fix the custom games browser but fucking FINALLY we get a forge playlist, praise the prophets!! 😩😩

vj27

Banned
So the brute A.I Iratus is how we’re getting infection btw for those who don’t know, there’s been leaks about for a loooong while now.

Sybrix

Wow that looks amazing, those official maps and the community ones… they look so good.

The one think Infinite always had was solid gameplay; this update brings some quality content, cannot wait to play

Codes 208

Still salty that we’re only just getting the good stuff now, well after a year since the game released but better later than never i suppose.

MarkMe2525

A lot better showing than season 2 reveal. Hopefully they don't trip over their own feet again and can continue to provide quality content and a quicker clip.

Naked Lunch

I havent stopped playing since launch.
Infinite is the best Halo mp since H3.
Light on content but the gameplay and competition helped endure the drought.

With forge and now the new season - the floodgates are opening.
Good to finally have some positive news as a Halo fan.

Naked Lunch

pretty much why I stopped playing. I only really play BTB and with the lack of BTB maps there isn't much point.
I feel you there. Infinite BTB has like no maps.
Im not a big fan of BTB in Infinite - too chaotic and nonsensical in comparison to H3 or 2.
Infinite's sweet spot is 4v4 arena imo.

Kev Kev

It really is a great video game. The best Halo campaign in years, competitive MP, big team battle shenanigans, forge, a bot mode where you can adjust all of the rules such as unlimited ammo, bottomless clips, gravity, player speed and more. It deserves so much more credit than it gets.

BlackTron

It really is a great video game. The best Halo campaign in years, competitive MP, big team battle shenanigans, forge, a bot mode where you can adjust all of the rules such as unlimited ammo, bottomless clips, gravity, player speed and more. It deserves so much more credit than it gets.

There's a lot of good in Infinite they just really failed to stick the landing. The game came off as tone deaf to find success in the modern era and somehow less than the sum of its parts. They can salvage it with updates and better management but I think Halo's reputation took too much of a beating.

The #1 issue is the progression system. It's more important than the single player.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That Ghosts of Onyx Armor Core looks legit.
Might actually switch to it.

Mirage-IIC-4K.jpg

Also we are finally getting a true Olive armor coating....frikken finally.
Cadet-Olive-MARKVII-scaled.jpg

Can they also hurry the hell up and release Warzone Firefight mode already.
I wanna be rocking this coating....not the visor though.
Master-Builder-MIRAGE-scaled.jpg

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Impressions?

it seems to have done really well for the playerbase on steam at least.

aLh3VVz.png

as you can see its nearly doubled the player base to just over 10,000 players, landing at 81st on the steam chart.

you can see what a massive difference its made in this total graph of the player base since launch

7utN4el.png

so a win for infinite all round. it could even go as far as 15k players if there lucky, only time will tell.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

I havent stopped playing since launch.
Infinite is the best Halo mp since H3.
Light on content but the gameplay and competition helped endure the drought.

With forge and now the new season - the floodgates are opening.
Good to finally have some positive news as a Halo fan.
Sucks for us narrative fans though as anything story-related for Halo Infinite was gutted (a few cutscenes with each new season/battle pass does not count).

Top Bottom