• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Season 3 drops March 7

Dutchy

Last night I tried to play for the first time in at least 6 months. Matchmaking MMR is still as bad unfortunately. Averaging 30 kills in my first three games and then immediately got punished with 0.2 kd teammates for entire remainder of my session. As a mostly solo player, this game's social matchmaking might be the least fun.

TheShocker

Maps seem good. The performance on the BTB map is shit though. Network issues seem even worse than before. Battle pass is unimpressive. Bandit rifle is pretty cool. Overall, I’d give the update a 6/10. If they can fix the network and performance issues I’d bump that up to a 7.5/8. I just don’t believe 343 can carry a live service compared to other games.

BlackTron

Maps seem good. The performance on the BTB map is shit though. Network issues seem even worse than before. Battle pass is unimpressive. Bandit rifle is pretty cool. Overall, I’d give the update a 6/10. If they can fix the network and performance issues I’d bump that up to a 7.5/8. I just don’t believe 343 can carry a live service compared to other games.

I think at this point it's pretty clear that the "live service" aspect was just an excuse to release all the features and content present in Halo 3 over ten years instead.

I think things are getting better after the shakeup, but they're still on the rebound and it's not gonna be completely fixed overnight -if ever. I still really like the game, despite their failings. The new guard was given a shit sandwich to work with, with all the bad decisions during development.

I like Halo, and the gameplay of Infinite is pretty solid and fun BUT DAMN THERE IS SOME STUPID DESIGN CHOICES.
For example, WHY DO I NEED TO SEARCH A NEW SERV EVERY SINGLE TIME A MAP IS OVER??? Is it too hard to stay connected like how it is for every multiplayer game since... 1990?

Where is the server browser? If I wanna play some gungame, how do I do? Some designer shouldn't be allowed close to a videogame.

The server browser should be on the main title screen where it lets you choose campaign, multiplayer etc.

You have to press the RB/LB button to switch to community. I agree that it is a dumb design choice at is should be in the multiplayer section and should be one of the items. Hope they fix it because it took me a while to see it too and it is a great feature.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The server browser should be on the main title screen where it lets you choose campaign, multiplayer etc.

You have to press the RB/LB button to switch to community. I agree that it is a dumb design choice at is should be in the multiplayer section and should be one of the items. Hope they fix it because it took me a while to see it too and it is a great feature.
Thx for the tips! It baffle me that after so many years of gaming, some devs can't see the obvious.

BlackTron

I didn't even know there was a server browser and because I use a keyboard and always go straight to MP I probably would have taken forever to find out if I hadn't seen it here.

God I miss Halo CE on PC before the servers died. If it still worked I'd still just be playing that. (The MCC version is ass)

RPS37

After a few weeks of playing constantly It finally clicked for me last night.
I got the purple bandit (which seems like a really fun weapon), I bit the bullet and bought a custom armor coating that I really like, I figured out how to customize my death animations, I unlocked the superintendent and got to level 70 in the season one premium battle pass, I maxed out the current event battle pass and added the armor attachments that I could, I really like the new maps and escalation is damn fun.

I’m officially hooked and can’t wait to see what’s next for Infinite Multiplayerz

Top Bottom