• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Story Leak (Spoiler Heavy)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

salt GIF

Last edited:

RespawnX

"Don’t want to be too heavy on story spoilers for those that care."
"Just want some internet fame breaking every embargo and spoiling crucial story content thinking that this will turn out good for me because I'm anonymous and I don't give a shit about you guys"

sainraja

Last edited:
Is this the official thread to discuss the plot of the game without spoiler tags? Or is discussing plot in a spoiler thread frowned upon this close to launch? I have some questions about the timeline of the game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
And this is why they had a worldwide simultaneous release. Dicksplashes would do shit like this before people even installed the game.

Thanks.

So, I'm not entirely sure I understand the timeline of events in the game (sorry, I'm old and slow). I know it's kind of told in non-sequential order via Cortana's "dust and echoes" flashbacks, and I guess one's supposed to not know what's happening with the weapon vs Cortana, but... here's where I'm kind of lost:

1. Cortana was in Zeta Halo at the end of Halo 5, and she had the Guardians and a lot of AI on her side.
2. UNSC Infinity along with Halsey and Chief came up with a plan to infiltrate Zeta Halo and capture Cortana.
3. In the meantime, Cortana tried to force Atriox and the Banished to surrender to her, by destroying their planet.
4. UNSC Infinity arrives on Zeta Halo, somehow sends The Weapon down there and into the Halo's "network".
5. Atriox attacks and defeats the UNSC force orbiting Halo but it seems The Infinity escapes (?). Master Chief is left floating in space.
(Now this is where it gets a bit tricky for me)
6. If Cortana was in Zeta Halo and had the Guardians plus lots of AI on her side, why didn't she fight the Banished invasion on Zeta Halo? (in the flashbacks it seemed like Atriox caught her by surprise?) Or basically, where are the Guardians?
7. After Atriox "captures" her, she retaliates by blowing up Halo (I guess this happened in the 6 months that Master Chief was floating in space?) And I guess this is why the Banished think Atriox died?
8. The Weapon never actually got to "capture" Cortana because Atriox got to Cortana first, right?
9. But then how did Cortana actually die? Did she just vanish? Or was she merged into The Weapon somehow? Or blown up with that part of the Halo?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't give a fuck about Halo but man, that dude putting this game right next to DOOM Eternal makes me want to give it a go.

Also, to those crying about spoilers... Why the fuck are you entering a thread with a spoiler warning right at the title?

Vaelka

I just watched the ending out of curiosity, and why do the characters look so awful lol?
They look worse than in past games...
Even worse than in the remasters of the old Halo games.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Halo Infinite is finally in the hands of fans after 6 years of development. Now that we've had a chance to experience the latest chapter in Master Chief's saga, we're sure many of you have been left with a number of questions, such as just who the Endless are, what exactly happened to Atriox, and above all, just what in the 7 Rings is happening in that Legendary Ending, Luckily, IGN is here to breakdown Halo Infinite's endings and what they mean for Halo's future. Naturally, there are spoilers ahead.

Top Bottom