• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Update – September 2022 | Season 3 and new Roadmap Revealed

clarky

Gold Member
So in reality seasons are now 4 months rather than 6.

Winter update looks just about enough with the 2 new maps, surprised theres not a couple of forge ones as well. Really is season 3 in all but name.

Not sure if its enough to keep me playing daily but will still play.

Naked Lunch

As a huge Halo fan (Infinite included) this is highly disappointing.
It almost sounds like not only is the game basically re-starting/relaunching - but it seems the studio is restarting in the background.
But in the meantime, they are making the players the testers and designers (relying once again the community to make ugly ass forge maps).

-You can load the game with all the cosmetics/xp boosts/modes in the world but if you dont have enough maps to play on its all pointless.

-Only 2 new maps in by the end of 2022 is 100% unacceptable. And they are ugly forge maps on top of that. No matter how many bells and whistles they put in Forge - you can just tell they look generic. Then the start of Season 3 in 2023 - again only 2 new maps.

-So they are giving away a free battlepass but they aren't sure exactly how to make XP work - thats why its free. So they are essentially asking players to be the testers for the xp system. Like what?

Just crazy this is the state of this franchise after all these years. But this is it - this is the rebuild of 343 and its happening during development of a live service game.
The Halo gameplay is still Ace to me and there an no alternatives - but its just more waiting and waiting while they scramble to make a game out of it on the fly.
Good thing the MCC is still lively...

Last edited:

FireFly

I suspect 343i silently axed the raytracing update.
A year ago it was a "top priority". One year later they don't even bother mentioning it.

Though I suspect cancelling the split-screen is a much bigger disappointment to most gamers.

Oh well, expect a bunch of mainstream gaming media articles calling for empathy for the 343i devs getting mean tweets from a couple of anonymous accounts.
They said they think it's going to take them a long time even to get the basic PC experience where they want it. And 2023 is the implied timeframe in the video. So if ray tracing arrives it will probably be in 2024.

The update was pretty much focused on the live service side of things as they stated at the start. Although they talked briefly about Forge, this was more on the live service.
So other stuff like raytracing and other improvements aren't part of this roadmap. It could also be the reason they never said anything about the rumored BR...if that is even a real thing atm

Edit: It's also why they had that guy there specifically

Last edited:

vj27

Banned
Jesus Christ.

lSgCwnB.png
I don’t understand what I’m reading, because In the video all the said was that it’s essentially delayed. That the co-op teams were going to other teams which imo they should’ve from the jump. Unless I missed something in the video because my understanding is it’s staying in beta.

Del_X

I know the infinite engine is a pain to work with and Bungie only just seems to have it manageable but damn. I really do think it’s time to invest in rebuilding the tools because this is unbelievable.

Split screen being canceled on last gen makes sense but current gen should be able to make it work in the open world (even if it’s just two player). Forge will probably be good.

Yeah if there’s no SP expansion for Fall 2023 then this is a complete train wreck.

vj27

Banned
I don’t understand what I’m reading, because In the video all the said was that it’s essentially delayed. That the co-op teams were going to other teams which imo they should’ve from the jump. Unless I missed something in the video because my understanding is it’s staying in beta.
Oh lol I just woke up it’s specifically talking about split screen. Smh, tbh online co-op is more important to me but having the basic ability of going to my cousins place and playing split screen is a damn shame.

wipeout364

Maybe they should change their terminology and stop calling them season passes. Seems more like a yearly pass at this rate.

Ultra Donny

Wtf. Something is very wrong here. I understand that game development is tricky, but it's a company with resources and has been working on this game a long time. Halo is one of my favourite game franchise and it's sad to see it mishandled like this. Some one in leading position is doing the job he/her is hired to do very bad. Shit trickle downwards in the corporate world.

So Ray-Tracing and local Co-op are completely cancelled.

Online co-op and Forge were 2 years behind schedule.
I'm confused. I thought Halo Infinite came out at the end of 2021 and co-op and Forge will be out at the end of 2022. How is that 2 years? Those should have been in at launch for sure but I calculated it being a year late not two.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm confused. I thought Halo Infinite came out at the end of 2021 and co-op and Forge will be out at the end of 2022. How is that 2 years? Those should have been in at launch for sure but I calculated it being a year late not two.

Wait until November when it will be delayed again...

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
At this point just disband 343 and move on and let Halo Rest in Peace. How they could have went from making progress with their last 2 games to such a goddamn shit show with this one is beyond me.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fucking flush this like the turd it is.
My god that campaign was even worse then 5 🤣

R6Rider

Gold Member
They, for whatever fucking reason, can't figure out something as simple as co-op. Even after an entire year.

Even DICE is looking at them like:
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:

Elginer

I’ve tried to be kind but wrap that shit up, 343 needs to be shut down and Halo given to someone else.

Kikorin

What? Maybe I'm too old, but in my school days Halo was synonymous of split-screen coop, I played every single Halo in single player and then coop with friends. It was already crazy to launch it without coop, cancelling it all together is even worst.

How is possible that a huge team like 343 develop so few content for this game? Are they working on something else meanwhile?

Droxcy

Forge pushed back again this game has been uninstalled once again from my PC. A team of 750 according to a google search and these are the results baffles my mind, If a capable team was working 10 hours a day for 3 months sure there would have to be a competent update right?

Shit give me 10 guys and these peoples budget and we could probably make a better game and updates :messenger_tears_of_joy:

CuNi

I know I was toxic about Halo Infinite and to a degree about 343i too.
I even joked that their 10-Year Halo plan was not meant as a content plan, but a "10 Years to fix Infinite".

To anyone from 343i reading.

I. WAS. JOKING.
YOU. WEREN'T. SUPPOSED. TO. ACTUALLY. TAKE. 10. YEARS!!!!

In the name of Jesus Christ and everything that is holy, Halo is in a worse state than a covid denier in the intensive care unit.

The single player is honestly a great time. Everything outside of that is just a running fucking joke at this point. Microsoft, give your flagship to another studio!

CuNi

The single player is honestly a great time. Everything outside of that is just a running fucking joke at this point. Microsoft, give your flagship to another studio!

In what world is the single player in a good state?
I know that story and gameplay are subjective and while I absolutely despise the story AND the gameplay, I can accept that other find it enjoyable, so I won't even argue about that.

But no co-op? Neither Network nor Split screen, with the latter even supposedly completely canceled?
An announced ray tracing mode that has vanished into thin air?
A completely empty world devoid of life and/or things to do after you picked up the collectibles? I'm not even mad about an open world, I'm madder about the fact that it's so much wasted potential.
"Next 10 Years of Halo" with so far not even a confirmation that there will be more single player content?
And the best of it all, you cannot even replay missions?

This is their flagship franchise. The game that "had" to be fully ready to go with the launch of their new console.

People have been screaming for news on the game, why updates and content is taking so long and why they're so quiet, even after the game itself was dated a full year.

And this is what they announce? Everything is delayed. Except for that one thing you really wanted and we've been promising since before launch. We just canceled that.

Banjo64

cumsessed

As you can imagine, the community is taking this as well as I am.

That thread really lays bare the duplicitous nature of this studio. I have no faith in them to deliver anything, nor tell the truth. Constantly promising things are right around the corner, for 2 years, after a 1 year delay to the release. What a scummy company with absolutely no regard for their fanbase.

I'm looking at twitch now and the numbers are fucking abysmal, 505 viewers for Halo Infinte vs 15.7k for D2, 44.6k for Fortnite, 82.1k for Apex, 49.9k for CoD, 520k for Valorant, and 264 viewers for MCC.

Remember when they assured us that Season 1 would be the only six month season? Did they specify that could go in either direction? lol

Split-screen co-op was promised to be in every Halo game going forward in 2017. In 2018 it was one of the first things 343i said Infinite would have alongside black undersuits. In either late 2019 or early 2020(can't remember exactly) it was among a list of things 343i said they had currently running at the studio.

And yes I am reposting this comment along this thread because I am livid.
Source on the split screen; https://www.destructoid.com/343-industries-promises-to-bring-split-screen-back-for-the-next-halo/

BRO R THEY REALLY TEASING THE LEFT OUT REACH COSMETICS FOR THT WINTER PASS

Pathetic. That thread is a massive hate pile on, and it’s completely warranted.

Top Bottom