• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Update – September 2022 | Season 3 and new Roadmap Revealed

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm a big Halo fan, and it sucks to see how braindead 343 are.

The online is pure solid imo, but why tf can't they make more content. Its 9 months old now and they've dropped a few maps since then. The lack of maps is whats killing the online.

Fuck sake even remake older maps just do anything.

I havent tried the campaign but I believe in every single person saying its soulless and shit.

Going to just disagree with you there. Halo PvP is just better than D2 PvP for me. The guns that you think are non-viable are in situations better than the BR. Up close, pistols, Commando, AR have faster TTKs. Disruptors are good for denying areas in land grab by shooting at the AI box because it sends out a diruptive electrical charge. Plasma pistol strips overshields. None of those are starting weapons in ranked, so all sides start equally which is what I like about Halo PvP. Anything other than starting weapons, you need to obtain to make use of. I'm not saying all the weapons are in a perfect place right now, but overall I think it's pretty good and most of the complaints with some of the non-starting weapons is that they either spawn too often or have too much ammo for how good the weapon is.

I loved the PvE of D2 until the grind was just too much time wasted than was worth it for me. I haven't played D2 in a bit because I do have a love/hate relationship with that game. Loved the dungeons and Raids, but hated the continual sunsetting of content and money grubbing of paying for the expansions + seasons + Eververse BS. And now also still having to pay for dungeons on top of seaons.

For SBMM, I don't think dev has figured that out well. It's one of those things that I don't think they'll ever have a perfect solution for. Even D2 has that problem.
There's a legit argument that the Destiny expansions have gotten more expensive but $10 per season is a great value (we'll have to see if lightfall justifies it). More (and much better) content than something like Infinite for the regular drops though. Granted, they've had longer to refine it but the point stands.

Banned
The guns that you think are non-viable are in situations better than the BR. Up close, pistols, Commando

the Commando is better than the BR in every situation, objectively speaking. it has faster TTK, higher precision at range and is better close range.

the Commando is not liked by many because most people play on controller, controller aiming in Infinite is hot garbage, and the Commando has no bullet magnetism... which means you will actually need to aim with it and can't rely on the ridiculous aim assist of the game.

the Commando is basically balanced through the terrible controller aiming of Halo Infinite 🤣

the Commando is better than the BR in every situation, objectively speaking. it has faster TTK, higher precision at range and is better close range.

the Commando is not liked by many because most people play on controller, controller aiming in Infinite is hot garbage, and the Commando has no bullet magnetism... which means you will actually need to aim with it and can't rely on the ridiculous aim assist of the game.

the Commando is basically balanced through the terrible controller aiming of Halo Infinite 🤣

The recoil in Commando can be tough to deal with for sure. From range, I'd prefer the BR as I tend to miss more shots trying to get accurate hits from a distance with the Commando.
Up close, with a bigger target relatively, I do find it much easier to use.

So for me, I'd say the recoil is what balances the gun to be not so good for every use.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm a big Halo fan, and it sucks to see how braindead 343 are.

The online is pure solid imo, but why tf can't they make more content. Its 9 months old now and they've dropped a few maps since then. The lack of maps is whats killing the online.

Fuck sake even remake older maps just do anything.

I havent tried the campaign but I believe in every single person saying its soulless and shit.
I might have low standards but I would have took straight up ports of the H2A maps from MCC. They looked gorgeous IMO.

Top Bottom