• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Winter Update Launch trailer

anthony2690

Banned

A great new trailer showcasing the new Halo Infinite content/update :)

Played a couple games earlier and really enjoying the update, all my games seem to be 20-40ping now too, no more 100+ ping games, yay!

anyone else enjoying the update? Or any complaints? Or hopes for future content/updates?

I can't imagine anyone will complain about challenges anymore, they are brain dead easy, only 10 a week, and just reward you for playing any mode now, what is a huge improvement, I will probably start going for weekly rewards again now.

I also hope they can get a proper progression system in place soon & keep on top off their future content rollout :)

Hopefully I can find someone to work on the co op acheivements with :)

Regular Halo thread derailers, please refrain from telling us how 343 killed your family and raped your pets please, we know you derail every Halo thread.

Last edited:

A great new trailer showcasing the new Halo Infinite content/update :)

Played a couple games earlier and really enjoying the update, all my games seem to be 20-40ping now too, no more 100+ ping games, yay!

anyone else enjoying the update? Or any complaints? Or hopes for future content/updates?

I can't imagine anyone will complain about challenges anymore, they are brain dead easy, only 10 a week, and just reward you for playing
any mode now, what is a huge improvement, I will probably start going for weekly rewards again now.

I also hope they can get a proper progression system in place soon & keep on top off their future content rollout :)

Hopefully I can find someone to work on the co op acheivements with :)

Regular Halo thread derailers, please refrain from telling us how 343 killed your family and raped your pets please, we know you derail every Halo thread.

Some good and bad.
I don't like that they removed the Player vs bot and BTB Social playlist. I know they will be on rotation, but there should be some way of navigating to something that is on the curated playlist.
Less challenges for the weekly is good, but my RNG gave me 3 "mark and either assist or kill" challenges out of the 10. I don't know how much of a pain in the ass they are going to be yet, but will do try them later tonight.

Otherwise some really good changes and content. They need to keep it up though. Hopefully at a faster pace.

anthony2690

Banned
OP on copium
Sorry, but what would I need copium for?
When I burn out, I move on play other stuff. :)

Some good and bad.
I don't like that they removed the Player vs bot and BTB Social playlist. I know they will be on rotation, but there should be some way of navigating to something that is on the curated playlist.
Less challenges for the weekly is good, but my RNG gave me 3 "mark and either assist or kill" challenges out of the 10. I don't know how much of a pain in the ass they are going to be yet, but will do try them later tonight.

Otherwise some really good changes and content. They need to keep it up though. Hopefully at a faster pace.

I didn't even realise they removed playlists, surprised they removed Vs ai playlists though.

Wouldn't that be a good thing to keep to try ease new players in?

Last edited:
I didn't even realise they removed playlists, surprised they removed Vs ai playlists though.

Wouldn't that be a good thing to keep to try ease new players in?
Yup. I have a few friends who dislike PvP as they feel too stressed...lol

I really would like more PvE modes as well.
I'll probably attempt a Legendary co-op campaign run with them soonish

Too little, too late.

played the campaign, played the 3-4 MP maps aaaand...that was it, this game was a fucking disgrace and in no way a "full" product.
Last good Halo was 3 and ODST - i was even able to enjoy 5's MP somewhat but this one felt like a half-finished product through and through.

This franchise needs a rest, it's not what it used to be and sadly it won't be able to get back to its glory days®.

Also : Fuck cosmetic macro transactions

clarky

Gold Member
Had a quick blast, but they really released this at the wrong time. Should have gone with the one year anniversary. After all, what's a few more weeks in the grand scheme of things? Busy with MWII, GOW and shortly Warzone 2 and DMZ.

It think this update will not do much for the game short term, only the diehards will return, and not for long imo. I'll be back proper for season 3 next year and just nip on from time to time because whats there seems solid.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Had a quick blast, but they really released this at the wrong time. Should have gone with the one year anniversary. After all, what's a few more weeks in the grand scheme of things? Busy with MWII, GOW and shortly Warzone 2 and DMZ.

It think this update will not do much for the game short term, only the diehards will return, and not for long imo. I'll be back proper for season 3 proper next year and just nip on from time to time because whats there seems solid.
Yeah I fully agree with the time frame stuff, especially after cod just had its most successful launch ever, I'm really enjoying that game a lot currently too :)

I'll probably finish the winter pass and then go back to playing a few games a week for fun, between other games etc till season 3:)

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Fuck you 343. You killed Halo. Without new campaign content or new maps this game cant recover. Especially at the pathetically slow rate 343 is capable of. Even if there was an expansion that wont be until what 2-3 years from now?
There is new maps?

Edit. Like flies to shit the usual idiots will be in the thread to trash the game anytime now. Better get any sane discussion in about the update while you can.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Looks ok, I wish they'd properly texture the forge maps if they're getting the official seal of approval though. Forge seems much better than it ever was in that respect, but I still think it's a bit of a cop out to not give "proper" maps.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Thats completely reasonable.

Malaysiamoji Yes GIF by Maxis

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Played some games. Definitely noticed the commando being a bit easier. Played the new weird arena map and yeah.. Having fun!

Thinking of reinstalling this and giving MCC some rest. Hopefully it's in good shape now.

I really hope we get a mode similiar to warzone firefight in the future, as I loved that on halo 5 :)

I think that is what the PVE mode was called :)

This is all I will play when it releases. Even new campaign missions regularly in open world would be fine.

T-Cake

Getting deleted now their remove the PvE Bot Bootcamp. I only played this for my Microsoft Rewards points. Now I'll have to find another Game Pass multiplayer game that I can stomach the multiplayer in.

Sorne

I've been trying to play this for the last 2 days and no luck. None of the online services are loading for me, be it the store, multiplayer or even forge. And every time I try and close the game and open it again, it completely breaks and I need to hard-reset my Xbox Series X. I know that last one is a bug they're aware of, but man. I'm really trying here 343. My next options is to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing again.

EDIT: lmao it actually worked. Well, time to give it a whirl!

Last edited:

TheShocker

This is an update thst should have launched a couple months after infinites initial release. It’s promising, but might be too late. They already had to remove one of the new maps due to it causing crashes. That said, I’d like to play some forge stuff but don’t have a huge Halo group. Add me on xbox:

TheShockerX

ZehDon

Looks a decent update, but the timing means virtually no one is going back, and they're still over a year away from "achieving seasonality". MWII is crushing it right now, and in six days: Warzone and DMZ drop. Infinite had its window, and it blew it.

When the community confirms a lot of the networking issues are resolved - regional selects will definitely help, and the reload bug was an interesting read - I'll gladly go back. But that's not this update.

Ah, my Halo choices continue to be more forged Halo or arena HCS stuff. It obviously worked with Halo 4 and 5 so let us push it further with Infinite /s FFS.

How in the fuck does a studio take a year post launch to deliver a nerfed coop and not plan to drop something new for content campaign/coop play? Even a little spin off mission or firefight style map etc. How about a teaser trailer for that content to back up this update in 3 months' time? Honestly over a year you couldn't assign 5-10 key staff to bang out a mission with "as is" launch assets? It's this sort of lack of vision for Halo and a gamer's experience with new features or content 343 sorely lack that AAA punch with.

Games like Apex drop entire Infinite campaign size maps, characters, abilities, weapons, and modes in their content drops. Halo gets everything Forge looking, even the dev made maps.

Coop is nice but will be lucky to get friends to complete a full legendary run I suspect; given previous coop runs with them over the years. This update isn't getting my son and his friends away from Overwatch 2 any time soon. My daughter and her friends aren't leaving Roblox/Sims/Fortnite for this either.

I continue to look forward to the Certain Affinity Halo battle royale-esque mode, hopefully next year.

EDIT: Where is some creativity in the dev made maps, what happened to fun maps or interactive maps etc? Why don't we see dynamic geometry shifting on rotation and patterns or how about a map made of hardlight that you can shoot to blind certain spots/routes or configure you own launch vector with a light based mancannon. What happened to those cool levels from Halo 5 campaign such as being on a Guardian or Forerunner geo assembling as you use it? The entire campaign is about the Brute faction, why don't we have a Brute multiplayer map? Where the hell is some creativity and diversity in the map design out of 343? Forge gives rise to this from the community and customs are awesome fun but the dev maps here aren't really pushing any boundaries, from what I can see so far.

EDIT2: On the plus side nice to see Forge creativity front and centre. Some customs nights will be revisited for sure, it's not enough to bring myself/Halo group back on the regular though.

Last edited:
So is there going to be a playlist for forge created Maps? Because that’s all I care about, 343 sucks at making maps.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The Haven remake is dope. Halo 4 had some solid multiplayer maps and was 343 at their best.

Didn't play Halo 4 much. Hoping for some H1/2/3 classics to make it in the MM rotation.

Just had a fun moment. Joined into a game at the last possible moment, got a double then a triple involving pancaking a sword guy by way of repulsor. Game over 5-0 lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom