• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite's Split-Screen Co-Op Has Been Canceled

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-i...ber-release-date-split-screen-co-op-cancelled

However, there's bad news for fans of couch co-op – the local split-screen co-op mode has now been canceled. It's a blow to those who have been waiting since launch for the old-school feature, but it's seemingly a matter of priorities.

"In order to improve and accelerate ongoing live service development, and to better address player feedback and quality of life updates, we have reallocated studio resources and are no longer working on local campaign split-screen co-op," said 343 Industries.

FblFbhOXkAElgOW

As someone not really into what's happening with Halo or 343...are they a smaller team? Were they not ready for a live game? Is that what they are struggling with?

Seems like the criticism is how long they take to "feed" Halo Infinite, while the gameplay is actually good, right?

Dane

Honest question: is this because of the XBO and Series S?

Doesn't Cowadoody still have it? Sure thing its closed spaces but they're superior visually, Halo its just OK at best and all titles had it, 343i doesn't know how to manage shit and pretty much decided it was a non feature for today like many developers did.

As someone not really into what's happening with Halo or 343...are they a smaller team? Were they not ready for a live game? Is that what they are struggling with?

Seems like the criticism is how long they take to "feed" Halo Infinite, while the gameplay is actually good, right?

They only delayed the game because Phil Spencer convinced them to not release both parts (SP and MP) separately, this is like an unheard thing in the industry where the higher ups have to convince a studio to delay it.

Last edited:
I can see how it's honestly not worth it at this point when you have online available, and the game is open world. Going to be kinda hard to get that running I'd imagine.

But not figuring this out during development and managing your project effectively is one of the biggest self owns in gaming development history lol. What an embarrassment of a studio.

They should have decided this years ago.

Jesus, what an absolute trainwreck this game has been.

From a disaster of a reveal, to a long delay, a shoddy launch, complete lack of content and communication, missing features, a dwindling playerbase to now an abandonement of franchise-staple features.

I'd argue this game has done more damage to the franchise than Halo 5.

10 year game my ass.

AdamTank83

Neo Member
They never should of promised it. They have screwed Halo worse then anyone could of imagined. Only reason I was hopeful. Funny how bungie didn't have problems making split screen co-op but infinite with graphics that are not pushing the Xbox cannot get splitscreen co-op working. Time to move on for real. I've lost all faith in halo now, I won't get another one. I've been here since the beginning also, bought a Xbox and Halo on second day of original Xbox release and now I don't want anything to do with it anymore. Everywhere you turn, 343 is killing this series.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The online coop is in though right? I thought it was released earlier this summer. Is that true?

PJX

I defended 343i in the past but when they pulled the stunt of releasing half the game in the physical copy, that was it for me. Halo 5 will probably be the last Halo game I buy as along as they're responsible for it. They are a shitty studio.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Jesus, what an absolute trainwreck this game has been.

From a disaster of a reveal, to a long delay, a shoddy launch, complete lack of content and communication, missing features, a dwindling playerbase to now an abandonement of franchise-staple features.

I'd argue this game has done more damage to the franchise than Halo 5.

10 year game my ass.
It's really bizarre to see Microsoft and 343i mismanage one of the biggest IP's in gaming.

I still can't get over the fact that they could've been on top for a while again considering CoD and Battlefield also had such incredibly bad releases this year.

Elbereth

Unreal… I wonder if it was related to Series S performance?

Can only speculate at this point but Microsoft and 343 have really ruined Halo.

Top Bottom