• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Halo is a Huge Global Hit," Paramount Says

Fbh

I enjoy it.
I was sure it was going to be trash and the first episode didn't leave a very positive impression, but it has slowly started to grow on me. It's not amazing but I've found it to be a surprisingly decent Sci Fi show as long as you don't go in expecting a 1:1 adaptation of the games.

The only big issue with it is the terrible Kwan sub plot. For season 2 they need to either remove her or turn her into more of a side characters instead of the co protagonist.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't say about the quality of the Halo show but I do have paramount plus and they aren't exactly overflowing with content. They've got a lot of nerve charging 9.99 a month.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
You know it isn't when they need to SAY and convince us that it's a huge hit.

You didn't see such grovelling from the Sonic 2 movie. The results spoke for itself.
Or, because the Halo community and hateful fanboys are so toxic and down on Halo actually having a successful season, its necessary to state its a success despite the wee Lil' bitches who continue to say different?

The fact it has another season already planned before the 1st ended is a good indicator that its successful. Just putting that out there...

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Or, because the Halo community and hateful fanboys are so toxic and down on Halo actually having a successful season, its necessary to state its a success despite the wee Lil' bitches who continue to say different?

The fact it has another season already planned before the 1st ended is a good indicator that its successful. Just putting that out there...
It had a second season announced before the first episode even aired. They need content. They were fine with pouring money into it regardless of it's success.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's nice that they have a commitment to another season, hopefully they can look at the criticism and course correct where necessary. In the old days they could do this on the fly as they were usually writing/filming 4-5 episodes ahead of release, so you could see a mid seasonish adjustment of characters and plots based on past performance. Now we have to suffer an entire (short) season before they can adjust fire.

Gavon West

No it's not.
Yes. Yes it is. You dont keep investing in a show that doesnt have an audience or the ratings to back it. There's thousands of other television series they could be producing.

Last edited:

Gavon West

It had a second season announced before the first episode even aired. They need content. They were fine with pouring money into it regardless of it's success.
Okay....

If the ratings or audience isnt there, they second season can be cut based on that data if its not meeting at least expectations. Guess we'll find out if season 2 makes it out.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
You know it isn't when they need to SAY and convince us that it's a huge hit.

You didn't see such grovelling from the Sonic 2 movie. The results spoke for itself.

They aren’t telling YOU. This was said at their earnings call to their investors. So obviously this means they’ll be investing in the show for seasons to come.

You don’t tell your shareholders that a series is a flagpole title when you’re not confident in the results.

Dlacy13g

For those who are opting for the free trials or $1 trial its important to note...this is an ad supported version from my understanding. I just opted to pony up for the high end subscription so I could avoid that after I tested it out pre-release and was instantly annoyed at the ads which are un-skippable.

Wolfe

Yes. Yes it is. You dont keep investing in a show that doesnt have an audience or the ratings to back it. There's thousands of other television series they could be producing.

Who said they only greenlit the second season after the first started airing?

Oh wait, that's cause it wasn't, you're wrong in this specific case.

gatti-man

I get that you're super hard for this show, but this is definitely not a masterpiece.

A lot of these complaints aren’t even valid if you watch the show. This is like 2 episodes in criticisms. Many are objectively false ESPECIALLY the combat ones.

The show is mediocre but let’s Atleast stick to facts.

To those saying it’s not a success: If it makes people subscribe, it’s a success. Like I barely like the show but i sub’d so I bet there are tons of people like me who like halo/sci fi and are watching it. So far I’ve liked 2 out of the 6 episodes I’ve watched but seeing master Chief Halo go ham in episode 5 (I think) made it all worth it.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
A lot of these complaints aren’t even valid if you watch the show. This is like 2 episodes in criticisms. Many are objectively false ESPECIALLY the combat ones.

The show is mediocre but let’s Atleast stick to facts.

The CGI is jarring. The Spartan movement is janky. The Elites look like (poorly CGI'd) Brutes. I'm not saying every point in what the post said was valid. I was responding to a specific user about a specific issue. That Reddit post and the YouTube video were just showing the person mocking me that I'm not some lunatic who lives in fantasy land. There are plenty of people who hate the CGI.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Global hit that isn’t available in the UK.

Not because UK brexited so hard it left the whole globe, but because we have the shit scammers that are Sky.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned

You mean the people that actually like the franchise?

Toxic means nothing anymore due to over soyed redditors. Any critique is "toxic".

IYAOYAS2019

Successful? I bet you think Batwoman was successful too then because it got more than a single season.

Gavon West

Successful? I bet you think Batwoman was successful too then because it got more than a single season.
Who TF said anything about Batwoman?? I've never watched it.

Anyway, I'm not big on TV in general but I have a couple of favorites. Is Halo the best series I and millions of others have every seen? No. Is it entertaining and shows alot of potential to get better? Absolutely. Enthusiasts on forums such as GaF aren't anywhere near the majority of any opinion, and most who speak ill on anything on forums like these are usually the minority, only louder. At the end of the day, whether you like the series or not, many do. And there are more who seem to be enjoying it versus the small number of complainers on GaF. Your opinion changes nothing. It is what it is.

MilkLizard

Huge GlObAl Hit my ass you fuckers :messenger_tears_of_joy:
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
CEh5yUp.png

Top Bottom