• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo is the new Sonic

There's a difference between constructive criticism and the constant low effort dogpiling on certain games over and over that adds nothing new. There's nothing in this thread that hasn't been said a thousand times before in a thousand different ways from both sides.

The only harm it does is to the forum itself.
Are you talking about my posts? There is nothing low effort about any of what I said, I just gave an honest opinion, I don't even want to talk about Halo, I had like one post in me on this subject and would not be here if not for being constantly quoted. The thing I said about saying a game is fun instead of good showing a lack of confidence it's just the truth, it's the weakest most empty form of compliment for a game.

As for harming the forum... come on. Just accept that some people don't like the same game as you and that's ok.

edit: if there was a button to click so that I wouldn't see any Xbox game related thread I would click it, it's always the same thing, you either need to praise it or shut up, what is the point of any discussion then? I like Flight Simulator, I don't see anyone creating threads about it, I don't see how it's my fault people keep making threads about the likes of Halo.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

Sonic gets good games sometimes still though. The last good Halo game was Reach.

funny-or-die-will-ferrell.gif

Batiman

Banned
What is the harm in it? Should everyone avoid negative BF, FIFA, Diablo, GT, TLoU, threads as well? You take issue specifically with Halo? Why?
It just reveals the obvious agenda some people have. Just shits up the forum. Regardless of which game it is. You’d think if you didn’t enjoy a game you’d state your criticism and move on with one or two posts. When you were shitting on the game months before release and a year after release it’s clear they’re pushing an agenda. Same posters over and over with no involvement in the OT or any positive thread. Pathetic really

clarky

Gold Member
Are you talking about my posts? There is nothing low effort about any of what I said, I just gave an honest opinion, I don't even want to talk about Halo, I had like one post in me on this subject and would not be here if not for being constantly quoted.

As for harming the forum... come on. Just accept that some people don't like the same game as you and that's ok.
Yes im talking about your posts.

"Just accept that some people don't like the same game as you and that's ok." The irony of this comment is off the charts lol.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I don't get the comparison to Sonic, but personally I think Halo Infinite is a good game. It could be great if this "live service" stuff would live up to its billing and deliver more content. But for the franchise itself, I think Guilty_AI Guilty_AI is correct. Halo suffers from bad management. Nothing that can't be fixed.
I also do think Halo infinite looks like a good game, and thought people were just exagerating when criticism for the game kept coming.
However, listening to some long time halo fans i have to agree with their criticism. Being "a good game" isn't enough for something like Halo.

Topher

Gold Member
I also do think Halo infinite looks like a good game, and thought people were just exagerating when criticism for the game kept coming.
However, listening to some long time halo fans i have to agree with their criticism. Being "a good game" isn't enough for something like Halo.

Yeah, I get that. I'm a newcomer to Halo so I'm also probably easier to please than the diehards. I do want more content in the campaign, but the way things are it doesn't look like it will be coming anytime soon.

Lognor

Banned
Are you talking about my posts? There is nothing low effort about any of what I said, I just gave an honest opinion, I don't even want to talk about Halo, I had like one post in me on this subject and would not be here if not for being constantly quoted. The thing I said about saying a game is fun instead of good showing a lack of confidence it's just the truth, it's the weakest most empty form of compliment for a game.

edit: if there was a button to click so that I wouldn't see any Xbox game related thread I would click it, it's always the same thing, you either need to praise it or shut up, what is the point of any discussion then? I like Flight Simulator, I don't see anyone creating threads about it, I don't see how it's my fault people keep making threads about the likes of Halo.
What does that even mean, "saying a game is fun instead of good shows a lack of confidence"? These words together don't mean a thing. Confidence from who? For what? Is English not your first language because you're not very good at it.

The gameplay is EXCELLENT. That means the game is fun. There are a lot of games that I would say are not that fun, but you would say are good. But I won't list games, but just to say to me, gameplay is king. That is why I have a Switch (for the Nintendo games that are FUN) and why I don't own certain consoles. I play games for fun. You seem to want something else out of a game. IF a game is not fun why are you playing it? Do you not have the confidence to play something that is fun? Where is your confidence?

Then you say if you could ignore all Xbox game related threads you would. But you don'! Do you not have the willpower to see a thread and NOT click on it? That's pretty sad. Move on if you don't want to be here. You play games that aren't fun and you post in threads you don't want to be in. Reevaluate your free time, man.

6th mainline game is Sonic Adventure (1 or 2, depending if you're counting CD as mainline or not). Halo wishes it was at such a high with Infinite.
I can understand you thinking CD is mainline but it's really debatable whether it'd be considered as such for various reasons (It's on an add-on platform, doesn't have Naka or Yasuhara at the helm, and has some unorthodox mechanics. Plus, there was a conscious decision not to number it in a time when the "standard" Sonic games were clearly numbered), and it could be argued that if CD is/isn't mainline, Chaotix would also be for the same reasons.

I'd also treat Sonic 3 & Knuckles as a single game for the purpose of numbering mainline entries, as it's clear that's how they were intended to be from the start.

I admit this is all semantics though.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Just because a game ignores its sequels you still got a dramatic story in Halo Infinite.

Just because a game ignores its sequels you still got a dramatic story in Halo Infinite.
And where is the "Dramatic Story" exactly?

The whole game is like the force awakens, if you want to know what happen you need to find random audiologs, in the main story nothing really happens and the game dont explained either, and ALL you found was about what happen in the past, not present

sendit

Halo is in need of new management and a complete refresh/remake to rid the taint of what 343 did to the franchise.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
At some point Halo Infinite will be feature complete, then we will look back at a title that started with an average 87 review score and was propelled further with years of work, the move to the open world was ambitious and they pulled it off, now we just need more areas to be delivered with more variety and it'll be perfect.
Multiplayer is an ever evolving product and I'm expecting a sort of 2.0 release with season 3 but the likes of land grab and last Spartan standing are already big steps up from launch, also they have produced few but quality maps.
It's on the right track and will end up a classic.

Last edited:

BEERBEER

Neo Member
very punctuated arguments please develop with concise examples of each that would enrich the overall topic

Roxkis_ii

I can definitely see the comparison between Halo and Sonic. It's sad to see halo in current form, looking like a dollor store Destiny. It really speaks to how good Bungie's Halo's are.

I guess this is the price you pay when you have more money then talent in a company.

Top Bottom