• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HALO Trailer 2022: TV Series Episodes Breakdown and Easter Eggs

Vasto

The Halo TV Series begins with the events of the first Halo Game: Combat Evolved. And will cover the story of Master Chief finding Forerunner Technology and the map leading them to the first Halo Ring Array. While they also fight the Human Covenant War. The series will have Master Chief Origin Story Flashbacks to explain the Spartan II Super Soldier Program. Similar to the Marvel Captain America Story.

Forerunner History Explained, Precursors, The Flood Explained, The Convenant Breakdown and History. And some of the changes and new characters that the tv show is introducing. The Halo Episodes take place in the Silver Timeline, which is what they're calling an alternate universe timeline for the Halo Universe.

LordOfChaos

Why do they always waves around do this with Halo TV shows?

The source material has an amazing amount of potential with imo some of the top tier game lore out there (read the Forerunner trilogy of books, seriously), but whenever it comes time to make it to TV, they just change weird stuff. Is Cortana even an AI here or just a person? This was the one that made Miranda a scientist, right? Captain Keys would be turning in his grave.

I hope it’s good, I really good, but just in this short trailer and earlier news it just seems on the side of the kind of mucking about with the canon story that makes TV shows fail, like the Wheel of Time is my favorite book series and I gave that show every bit of optimism, but the finale was just all over the place with very strange changes.

I know it’s an adaption and doesn’t need to be direct, that’s not really the point here, but the mucking about of TV producers universally seems to result in worse changes.

My dudes, as a Halo fan this is a HORRIBLE breakdown. They don't know Halo. Calls someone obviously not Captain Keyes Captain Keyes, says Master Chief was the only Spartan to survive augmentation in the games, so the fact there are other Spartans in the show is one of the main things that's different. No. No. I wanted to throw something at the TV lol.

Last edited:

Sakura

Dunno how I feel about the story and alternate timeline business. The production values look really good though. Other Halo stuff as been pretty low budget and not very good. At least this one will probably give us some good action.

Alx

says Master Chief was the only Spartan to survive augmentation in the games, so the fact there are other Spartans in the show is one of the main things that's different. No. No. I wanted to throw something at the TV lol.
Yeah that part confused me, I don't know much about Halo lore but I played Reach and I'm pretty sure I saw several functional Spartans there.
Thought the video was interesting though, it introduced me to the forerunners/precursors thing (told you I didn't know much about the lore)

Top Bottom