• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo transmedia boss Kiki Wolfkill has seemingly left 343 Industries

TLZ

Banned
What did she do before Halo that gave her the cred to be in a leadership position at one of the most popular gaming franchises? Always seemed to me she appeared out of thin air, and I would have remembered that name on other projects.
She came from PC development I believe.

Cool chick but for Halo it was a total mismatch, just like a number of the leads.

The proof? Shit Halo games release after release, shit TV show, failed Halo media app, misleading marketing, lore scattered everywhere, comics and books got worse than Nylund era etc.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If Sea of Thieves wasn't a hit, Rare would be gone too. Outside of SoT, they've been trash. What's the story on that vaporware game they've been working on for like 30 years now? Everwild.
So we really just gonna act Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Viva Pinata, Banjo, Battletoads and Killer Instinct were trash games??

Havoc2049

What did she do before Halo that gave her the cred to be in a leadership position at one of the most popular gaming franchises? Always seemed to me she appeared out of thin air, and I would have remembered that name on other projects.
She was a race car driver and college student before Microsoft. When she switched over to the gaming side, she worked on the Microsoft side of the Midtown Madness and Project Gotham series of games.

She is cool and has an interesting life story. I wanted her to do well, but here we are.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Good. Now get rid of that bald headed fuck, Frank O’Connor.

***and that wasn’t an insult to bald people. Just rolled off the finger tips to type that.

****Seriously, O’Connor is a piece of shit.
Wait, Stinkles is still there?? Holy shit, it's like trying to make great food with a giant turd in your kitchen.

Anyway, guys, in most countries you're just a formal form away from changing your name to anything (non-offensive). That means if you're that obsessed about "Wolfkill" you can own that name.

Last edited:

aries_71

In my opinion as a Halo fan the main problem with 343 Industries is that at his core there was a small cadre of original Microsoft/Bungie employees promoted well beyond their capabilities. Let's remember that Kiki Wolfkill, Frank O'conner, etc were basically low-mid level managers in charge of IP licensing issues when Bungie was in charge of Halo. They were the guys dealing with the contracts for the Masterchief action figures, drinks, comics and books.

When Bungie wanted out of Halo for Destiny, 343 Industries was created around that small cadre of Microsoft/Bungie guys. They found themselves in charge of high-budget sofware development studio without any real experience or backgound. I'm afraid they were totally out of their league. Add to that that the original Xbox One/Microsoft strategy was making a lot of emphasis on TV, movies, shorts, etc., which was the "forte" and real passion of this cadre.

I'm sure they had little saying on technical issues, but they were probably powerful enough as to kick out of the company any discording voice. It's clear to me that the tech guys that made Halo 4, probably among the 3 best looking games of the entire X360/PS3 generation, weren't there anymore for H5/Halo Infinite.

Last edited:
Good. Now get rid of that bald headed fuck, Frank O’Connor.

***and that wasn’t an insult to bald people. Just rolled off the finger tips to type that.

****Seriously, O’Connor is a piece of shit.
I mean I know he's kind of on the woke side last I checked but what is the reason for people hating him so much?

I will say that I do like the Halo encyclopedias that he writes.

Last edited:

Skifi28

How was the halo tv show? Where can i even watch it?
Qu0tGQ4.gif

levyjl1988

Banned

I have doubts that Season 2 of Halo will reach the levels of The Last of Us.
They didn't put the fucking effort in the first season, what is there to show that they will put the effort in Season 2?
Halo Infinite is trash too. Halo TV show didn't even increase and promote Halo Infinite sales.

TheShocker

I mean I know he's kind of on the woke side last I checked but what is the reason for people hating him so much?

I will say that I do like the Halo encyclopedias that he writes.
We’re you around when he was a member here? Total asshat to people. Ran off to era with his high and mighty attitude and was promptly banned there. Made some pretty racist comments and there were grumblings of sexual assault. I personally shared some PM’s here with him, extending some support and sympathy regarding halo at the time and he essentially told me to pound sand.

anthony2690

Banned
How was the halo tv show? Where can i even watch it?
Gaf seems to really dislike it.

But me and my other half really enjoyed it, to my surprise.

Maybe it was good, or maybe my expectations were super low after reading internet hate who knows.

I thought it had some genuinely great moments and I quite enjoyed seeing the more human side of John, I think season 2 will give people the master chief they wanted and expected though.

If you're in the UK, it is on paramount I watched it using a free trial :)

Good Riddance, as a huuuuuge Halo fan, that TV show was pure fucking trash. I'm not a fan of The Last of Us, but that show matched the game quite well and is great.
Her creative decisions for the Halo TV show were a travesty! I'm glad she's gone; her, Bonnie and several others. I have no idea why it took so long for those people to be booted. They fucked Halo up year after year. Good fucking riddance!

Her creative decisions for the Halo TV show were a travesty! I'm glad she's gone; her, Bonnie and several others. I have no idea why it took so long for those people to be booted. They fucked Halo up year after year. Good fucking riddance!
Yeah, she got promoted to make sure that travesty occurs throughout all media projects. So it’s worse, the article states she now works for Xbox.

Hayabusa83

Banned

She was born a woman.

Top Bottom