• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TV Series - Official Teaser Trailer

Man, this show is likely going to be a whole hell of a lot better than many people think. I can't wait.
It has to be at least equal to, if not better than, Halo 2 Anniversary Blur made cutscenes. It is the measuring stick, the bar to ghost jump and the pin to pull on the TV Halo grenade. I'm hopeful.

Just had a look at the cast and I didn't realise something -

They've cast actors for Truth, Mercy and Regret. Are we getting a run of the trilogy with this series? The prophets are in there.

It has to be at least equal to, if not better than, Halo 2 Anniversary Blur made cutscenes. It is the measuring stick, the bar to ghost jump and the pin to pull on the TV Halo grenade. I'm hopeful.

Just had a look at the cast and I didn't realise something -

They've cast actors for Truth, Mercy and Regret. Are we getting a run of the trilogy with this series? The prophets are in there.

They're definitely telling a story that will be very self contained from what's been in the games. It will focus on Cortana and Master Chief, it won't exactly follow the games, but of course we know there will be certain pillars or foundations that won't change. I would imagine they just HAVE to start out from the discovery of the initial Halo, some of the Spartan program's roots, some aspect of the war likely before the discovery of the first Halo, there's many ways they can approach this that are just crazy exciting.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant, Halo the series will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future.

Halo the series will be streaming in 2022, exclusively on Paramount+.

The series stars Pablo Schreiber (Master Chief, John-117), Natascha McElhone (Dr. Halsey), Jen Taylor (Cortana), Bokeem Woodbine (Soren-066) and more.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
200.gif

They’re definitely trying to be faithful to Halo. I just wonder how much of a budget was thrown at this. It looks a bit like a sci fi channel mini series.

Who knows though, maybe they’ll pull it off; get a season 2, then we get the Peter Jackson/Neil Blohncamp Halo movie that was sadly scrubbed back in 2006.

It's crazy to me that this is actually coming out. After 20 years of failed movie and TV productions, it's finally happening.

I'm starting to think that they had a tremendous amount of reshoots due to the style change from Halo 4/5 to Infinite. The show had to be on brand, and it looks great.

Last edited:

tmlDan

the armor looks really fkn good, and not just on Chief.

Given the quality so far I have high expectations for the enemies, can't wait for a longer trailer with some enemy's to see how they look.

I hope we get more “Forward Unto Dawn” and less like the Locke series on the Halo channel. Better production and less dark, cramped soundstages to save money.

based on this though, it looks great. Expensive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom