• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TV series sets viewership record for Paramount+

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is the second episode out. Part of me doesn’t want to say it but both me and my none ga,ing girlfriend really enjoyed the first episode.

throw all knowledge of halo out the window and it was a not too bad start. Need to “locate” the second episode to watch tonight if it’s out.

reksveks

Is the second episode out. Part of me doesn’t want to say it but both me and my none ga,ing girlfriend really enjoyed the first episode.

throw all knowledge of halo out the window and it was a not too bad start. Need to “locate” the second episode to watch tonight if it’s out.
It is out.

I am not a big halo fan, I think I preferred the first episode slightly more than the second one but it's currently at a 7 out of 10. Its kinda background TV for me.

OZ9000

Banned
My wife does not know anything about video games or Halo but she enjoyed the first episode.

I liked it too except Master Chief's voice. And I'm not certain with the direction they are taking with the story. It appears stupid.

Is this show canon?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It is out.

I am not a big halo fan, I think I preferred the first episode slightly more than the second one but it's currently at a 7 out of 10. Its kinda background TV for me.

looking forward to watching it, thanks.

surprised the mrs is eager to watch it too. I’m open to this Halo universe.

Alpha Male

Personally I'm really enjoying this. I thought the second episode was excellent and I'm very intrigued.

WARNING SPOILER:
The ancient Covenant artifact...The Prophet mentioning the "Sacred Ring" ... followed by the crazy dude explaining to Chief what/who he was with the Halo theme music playing... absolutely LOVING it!

Ya, the story is different from the games but it's still HALO to the core and I'm quite eager to see the rest!

Last edited:

Tg89

It was pretty bad but still the best use of the Halo IP in like 10 years so bound to get some attention.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if there is an OT for the show, I couldn't find it in search.

But the first episode has been uploaded to YouTube for free for everyone. Might be region locked to the US.

Rockman33

I’ve watched both episodes so far and must say I’m quite enjoying it. To my surprise my girlfriend who knows next to nothing about halo is also digging the show as well.

Aside from the elites looking a little unfinished in the CGI department the rest looks great. The armor especially looks awesome on screen.

I’ve watched both episodes so far and must say I’m quite enjoying it. To my surprise my girlfriend who knows next to nothing about halo is also digging the show as well.

Aside from the elites looking a little unfinished in the CGI department the rest looks great. The armor especially looks awesome on screen.
Her knowing nothing about Halo gives her a better chance of liking it.

Can someone let me know if the show on P+ is 4k. I know YouTube uploaded the 1st episode today but it's only 1080p

Rockman33

Her knowing nothing about Halo gives her a better chance of liking it.

Can someone let me know if the show on P+ is 4k. I know YouTube uploaded the 1st episode today but it's only 1080p
4K, dolby vision and atmos.

Only thing is paramount only allows that with certain streaming devices. Some roku, fire stick and Apple TV…

Sorne

I don't really know if I like this show or not. I'm a bit torn. Because it's very clear they wanted to do their own thing with this show and not really follow the games, and that's okay. It's just very off-putting sometimes.

And what really is weird to me, is that sometimes the CGI looks really really good. And then other times it looks completely cheap, as well as some of the set pieces too.

But I'm glad for the success they seem to be having and hoping this will amp up the production quality for season 2.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
FO0Pr2yWYAcy4dL

Lognor

Banned
It's a 30 day trial, I made it sound like it was permanent, my apologies.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize this was a perk.

I'm going to wait until the entire season of Halo is out and then I'll use the free 30 day trial.

j0hnnix

I'll say I enjoyed the first episode. I wish they would of released it all in one. I'll continue watching it. Doing my best to avoid the "that's not how the game lore is."

CG did surprise me, helmet removal was OK, wish it was more deeper into the season. They did keep chief in badass dorm, love the armor design one thing I was worried about.

Lognor

Banned
Makes sense....

It's like how lots of people crowd around to see a trainwreck.
I dunno. It seems there is more positive feedback from users than critics. And they have a lot of world building to do in the first couple of episodes, so hopefully it improves. I'm waiting until the entire season is out to decide whether I watch it or not.

j0hnnix

It’s its own continuity like how the MCU is separate from the comics.
Yup, and that's fine. Sometimes the old mind kicks in and says wtf.. Personally doesn't take away that I enjoyed the first episode which makes me happy something fresh. I just hope Master Chief continues being a bad ass, cause damn he was slapping the covenant like his name was Will Smith.

scalman

i liked it . both eps. dont need for it to be based on game literaly. so its fine .for now ... there are other places to watch it too... as allways i guess...

AS someone that never played a single Halo game, would you tell them to watch this? Seems like it might be easier for me to separate the game from the show since i never played it to begin with.

If you judge the show by itself...how does it stand? Is it The Witcher level? If so that's enough to me.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize this was a perk.

I'm going to wait until the entire season of Halo is out and then I'll use the free 30 day trial.

I'm doing the same. I've gotten too spoiled with streaming to have to wait a week to see each episode. I'm still finishing my 2 month free Hulu commercial-free perk. Loving Game Pass perks lately.

SegaManAU

Gold Member

Same here, my wife knows nothing about Halo and we are both enjoying it. CGI was a bit wonky on the first episode.

2nd ep started laying out the story nicely. There are things I don't like about the show, but overall it's decent.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I have been using cbs all access/paramount+ through a friend's code for years now. It's by far the worst steaming platform I've ever used. Such a disservice to the show and I can't imagine many people staying subscribed after there free trial is over. End rant

While the show does have it's compromises, I am enjoying the story. I am glad the creators went off canon and decided to do their own thing.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Personally I'm really enjoying this. I thought the second episode was excellent and I'm very intrigued.

WARNING SPOILER:
The ancient Covenant artifact...The Prophet mentioning the "Sacred Ring" ... followed by the crazy dude explaining to Chief what/who he was with the Halo theme music playing... absolutely LOVING it!

Ya, the story is different from the games but it's still HALO to the core and I'm quite eager to see the rest!
Yeah, Ive finally watched EP 1 and 2. The second episode was great! 3 was also very good. Im glad they arent sticking to the lore of the game. Its still Halo at its core and that's what matters there. The relationship between Cortana and Chief is super interesting, too. Many different ways they can go with it and expand.

The Halo community can be so damn toxic. The hardest community to please and perhaps, arguably, the less relevant out of any kind of gamer who has even touched a Halo game.

Top Bottom