• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TV series sets viewership record for Paramount+

VN1X

Banned
Its good the way stargate was good, but with a higher budget. Not as good as the expanse imo. Only nerds and system warriors are giving it hate.
Yeah but Stargate had 90's sensibilities and well... context of that era.

I dunno' man. It just seems so lifeless and lacklustre (and cheap?).

jason10mm

Gold Member
Its good the way stargate was good, but with a higher budget. Not as good as the expanse imo. Only nerds and system warriors are giving it hate.
Stargate Universe, maybe. Halo isn't even as good as Atlantis, much less SG-1.

In the 90s Halo would rank somewhere between Andromeda and Cleopatra 2525. It's not even Space: Above and Beyond level :p

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Don't know why there are humans in the covenant.
There is one human.. and she is clearly a decendant of the forerunners or something, I think it's cool. I'm enjoying the differences tbh. I get a sprinkle of stuff that lines up and then get to enjoy everything fresh with their direction. Interested to see where it goes, I may end up not liking it but so far I think it's good and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

oldergamer

Yeah but Stargate had 90's sensibilities and well... context of that era.

I dunno' man. It just seems so lifeless and lacklustre (and cheap?).
I watch a lot of scifi. Stargate had a lower budget yet was one of the longest running tv series. Thus far this show feels less cheap. However it hasn't dove into the science behind much as of yet.

Last edited:

Petopia

Banned
There is one human.. and she is clearly a decendant of the forerunners or something, I think it's cool. I'm enjoying the differences tbh. I get a sprinkle of stuff that lines up and then get to enjoy everything fresh with their direction. Interested to see where it goes, I may end up not liking it but so far I think it's good and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Even I just started playing the mcc not too long ago and I thought that was weird unless the unsc has agents inside their colonies that im missing out on.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Even I just started playing the mcc not too long ago and I thought that was weird unless the unsc has agents inside their colonies that im missing out on.
She's just one of the humans that is on the outer colonies that got abducted I believe. Like the normal humans on reach. Interested to see what they do with her character.

reinking

Gold Member
I love campy scifi but so far this has not been great. It's okay but not great. I'm not a fan of the way they handled Cortana. I hope it is one of those shows that brings me in as the season goes on.

Hezekiah

Banned
Haven't seen the latest episode, but it seems like they're struggling somewhat, particularly with the writing. They're really pushing this childhood trauma angle.

Wish Paramount had gone bigger with the budget too, maybe in season two.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I am a bit confused with the changes made to the lore but as far as it goes I am enjoying and I’m looking forward to the next episode.

Yeah, it seems like it's deviating pretty heavily from the game lore.

I guess that can and cannot work depending on a person.

MonarchJT

Banned
I watched episode 1 last night and so far eh. Don't get me wrong it was awesome seeing MC and other live on TV but the CGI was Sharknado level or below that. Also I understand they want to create a separate halo tverse but they should have just stuck with the canon.
watch the second and third episode ..everything is much better. including the CGI

DaGwaphics

This is one of the problems ms has with their mainstream partnerships off the top off my head.

Sony x hbo with their tv series
Ms x paramount+ lol
Sony x nike with sneaker collab
Ms x adidas
Sony x twitch
Ms x mixer
Sony x discord
Ms x ????

Oh wow. Marketing tie-in warz.

Well MS already has

and

Take that Sony. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

On topic, I'll try the Halo show eventually. But as others have said, the game plot in that one is not that thick. Resident Evil has always been the game to me that had a story that could make a good sci-fi show, done seriously of course. Not the way those cheesy films are made.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wasn't a huge fan of episode 4, I get that they arebreally trying to have a good cast of characters to feel connected to but I dunno. It felt pretty lame to me until tge last couple if minutes. I'm still invested but this episode felt meh to me.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Watched the first 2 episodes with my Son last night and we both enjoyed it. First episode as someone else said CGI looked a bit iffy at times but we shall continue to watch.

Kimahri

Banned
I'm enjoying it a lot even though I keep thinking every acene with Chief would be better with his helmet on. No offence to the actor, he's good, it's just so weird having chief with no helmet.

And there are no good reasons for taking off the helmet. Mandalorian showed it can be done.

Anyone watch Paramount+ exclusive The Stand?? Any good? Reviews are bad but damn I love that book
I liked it enough to binge it. It's not great great, but it was enjoyable to me.

Didn't read the book though

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I didn't expect much from the show but I thought Episode 1 was pretty good as far as TV sci fi goes - it is what it is, judging it by other standards isn't really appropriate.

Will watch more when it's more easily available in the UK.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I look forward to the threads declaring TLOU to be the greatest television series produced since The Wire.
It's quite possible and even likely it'll be better than this. HBO has a good track record. I expect certain people to call it crap regardless.

ManaByte

It's quite possible and even likely it'll be better than this. HBO has a good track record. I expect certain people to call it crap regardless.
HBO isn’t what they used to be. Remember how fantastic that final season of GoT was? HBO has gone full woke and their output is suffering for it. Apple TV+ is producing the quality of stuff HBO used to be known for and they just won Best Picture for it.

reksveks

HBO isn’t what they used to be. Remember how fantastic that final season of GoT was? HBO has gone full woke and their output is suffering for it. Apple TV+ is producing the quality of stuff HBO used to be known for and they just won Best Picture for it.
Apple bought the distribution rights for Coda, they didn't produce it.

Last edited:

reksveks

Ted Lasso and For All Mankind are better than anything HBO is making in the current era.
I love Severance and that's alot better than For All Mankind imo but HBO has Euphoria, Hacks, Chernobyl and how did I forget about Succession until now.

Enjoyed the first season of Ted Lasso alot, S2 less so.

Therefore I wouldn't agree that Apple TV is producing better than HBO. Also a bit weird saying that HBO decline in quality is due to them going "woke" given Apple's political leanings.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I could see video game to tv shows will be a threat to regular tv shows going forward given how interesting halo is.

jason10mm

Gold Member
FAM is woke garbage and boring. Ted Lasso is just okay.
I liked For all mankind but it does lean overly heavy on intrapersonal drama, especially in the second season. Living on the moon should be FUCKING HARD, no need to create spouse troubles when there are so many real problems they could have dealt with, technologies to inspire viewers to wonder about, and hope for a better future.

Season 3 I guess will be about how the first martian settlers spend more time sabotaging themselves instead of being jazzed just to be ON MARS!!

lefty1117

Gold Member
I feel like the show is actually getting worse. Who gives a fck about the girl and Madrigal and the fat former Spartan? Every time that storyline is on screen I lose interest. Keep it on Halsey, Chief and his squad, that's where all the interest is. I like that John has the helmet off TBH, and I like how they explained the spinal tablet is what made them sort of emotionless and detached, and now at least two of them are going through a sort of discovery of themselves.

That's the interesting stuff. Please lose the Madrigal plot we don't care

Love Halo but haven't watched it. It just seems a little cringe. Same goes for most game -> movie ones. Doom was shit. Uncharted was lame. Witcher has been the best so far.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
It is pretty disappointing that I am more interested in the next episode of the TV show than I am in the new season of Halo Infinite.

antonio banderas hispanic heritage month GIF

elliot5

Moon Knight is prob the better produced show (seen ep 1-2), but I don't really care about it whereas I'm sort of mixed-positive on Halo and look forward to seeing it every week.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
You just took the time out to go to that site and snipe that image to prove that the show is no longer at the #1 spot? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Giggling Lol GIF by Red Table Talk

I mean it probably took about the same amount of time as going to twitter and posting a tweet about the show being in the number 1 slot before it decided it was done with episode 3...

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The next episode needs to be a lot better to grab me back in, I was really disappointed in episode 4 the more I think about it. I think the show could really go the wrong way for me now but I'm staying slightly optimistic lol.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
How in the hell did this already get renewed?
It was renewed before the first season even began. As to why. Content. Paramount plus needs content. I'm sure MS is probably throwing money away on this just to keep it out there as well.

Top Bottom