• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday Gravity rush 2

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Today 3 years ago, we contemplated one of the best years in the video game sector.

The honor of giving such an opening with elegance and quality was Gravity rush 2.

A game that is superior in everything to its original game, which is a Great Masterpiece.

GRAVITY-RUSH-2-PS4.jpg

It is an extremely special game for me that i have a lot of affection, as i gamer that was started my hobby from Atari.

Gravity rush 2, has contributed a lot of extremely positive elements to the modern videogame industry, and I really thank each and every one of the people involved who has given us this wonderful game,

With the most memorable and best scene of the Gaming industry modern.

I will know that I always praise this saga a lot, for Of course, the love he gives off with his wealth in his worlds and a beautiful story, how can anyone not praise this beautiful masterpiece?

GravityRush2_servers.jpg

My Respect to Keiichiro Toyama

Thank you for everything Japan Studio and Team Gravity

Thank you Gravity rush 2 for everything and MORE.

🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

He really deserves respect, his one very underrated director, I can’t wait for whatever he makes, he has my full trust at this point.

Keiichiro Toyama is a genius... I mean He created Survival Horror Games like Silent Hill and he Could Created a Beautiful game that is more manga super-hero game.

For me... Keiichiro Toyama is better than Kojima, to be honest.

RSB

Banned
I'll never forgive Sony for shutting down the servers. I loved those treasure hunts...

Well, I guess I could forgive them if they gave Toyama the option (and the funds) to make Gravity Rush 3 on PS5. Though I seriously doubt they would do such a thing, considering they didn't even keep the GR2 servers open for more than 18 months... :messenger_weary:

Kagey K

Banned
They should put the servers back online for a week to celebrate.

Honestly with virtual servers in this day and age there is no need to shut down online for any games anymore. I’m always incredibly disappointed when I see games closing servers.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
What a beautiful game. As someone who doesn’t give a damn about collecting trophies, the least I could do is reward this game with a platinum

Looking forward to more of GR on next gen. such a beautiful series and definitely deserves more love♥️

mejin

3 years...and we still don't know what's next for Toyoma and team.

Anyway, one of the best new ip this gen. Had a lot of fun.

TLZ

Banned
The game is fun. But I find this affection for fictional characters unhealthy. She doesn't exist.

Honestly with virtual servers in this day and age there is no need to shut down online for any games anymore. I’m always incredibly disappointed when I see games closing servers.

Its one of my biggest gripes I have with this industry. They initially sell a product with included MP/online components only to take it offline/remove some time later practically, stripping away a significant part of the game. They should at least offer us some way to re-experience that portion, if we'd like to do so down the line. Like providing some kind of capability for custom servers.

Last edited:
Never played the game since I don't have a PS4, but I bet it is a glorious game like the first game - a game I consider one of the finest and memorable games of the last twenty years.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Played the demo for the first one, never liked tbh.

And i heard mixed things about the second one.

Please dont listen the reviews. Is a big mistake.

As a passionate gamer I play it 100%. My feelings was that i dont wanna finish the game.

Have so many positive aspectos GR2. Its a game that was so foward at their time.

Last edited:
I loved the first Gravity Rush, but playing on the Vita was a bit difficult for me, so that had put me off from getting GR2. I will pick this up one day, though, on the PS4.

I loved the first Gravity Rush, but playing on the Vita was a bit difficult for me, so that had put me off from getting GR2. I will pick this up one day, though, on the PS4.

Gravity Rush 1 remastered is on the PS4 digitally (and had physical limited edition too) so it's possible to give it another try on the PS4

Gravity Rush 1 remastered is on the PS4 digitally (and had physical limited edition too) so it's possible to give it another try on the PS4

I should have said that I had already platinumed Gravity Rush on the Vita. I just didn't like playing it on the Vita, which was why I've been hesitant to pick up GR2. But I will someday on the PS4.

GymWolf

Please dont listen the reviews. Is a big mistake.

As a passionate gamer I play it 100%. My feelings was that i dont wanna finish the game.

Have so many positive aspectos GR2. Its a game that was so foward at their time.
i don't care about review, i was talking about some friends feedbacks.

Fbh

Herimdal and Danjin will hate me but, while fun, this was one of the most disappointing games of the gen for me (disappointing....NOT BAD, I still liked it).

I was SO hyped for it but the story was a complete let down, the ending felt rushed and most of the side content was still pretty bad.
I thought many of the flaws of the original were due to them having to work with new hardware as well as needing to have it ready for launch. So having more time, what looked like a higher budget, no need to rush and better hardware set my expectations high but in the end it just ended up being a bigger, nicer looking sequel that retained many of the flaws of the original.

Herimdal and Danjin will hate me but, while fun, this was one of the most disappointing games of the gen for me (disappointing....NOT BAD, I still liked it).

I was SO hyped for it but the story was a complete let down, the ending felt rushed and most of the side content was still pretty bad.
I thought many of the flaws of the original were due to them having to work with new hardware as well as needing to have it ready for launch. So having more time, what looked like a higher budget, no need to rush and better hardware set my expectations high but in the end it just ended up being a bigger, nicer looking sequel that retained many of the flaws of the original.
Pretty sure GR1 and GR2 were originally part of the same story but was cut into 2 separate games, so maybe that's why you felt the story was off.

Fret Runner

She will return, I'm sure of it. Don't know when though. :messenger_musical:If it takesssssss foreverrrrrr, I will wait for youuuuu:messenger_musical:
Love Gravity Rush and will be there day 1 when 3 comes to be.
just gotta keep the faith.
FnfPaiK.png

Fbh

Pretty sure GR1 and GR2 were originally part of the same story but was cut into 2 separate games, so maybe that's why you felt the story was off.

Maybe, I don't know.

The thing is, one of my issues with GR1 is that I really liked the world and characters but felt like the story spent too much time building up a sequel instead of telling its own self contained plot. They spent so much time doing foreshadowing and hinting at future events that the ending and final boss felt really abrupt and out of nowhere, leaving a ton of questions and unresolved story threads.

So then 2 comes out and I'm hyped to see where it's all going, because now we are finally getting the payoff for everything they spent the whole first game setting up. But then they spend 80% of the game on what are basically 3 self contained and unrelated stories, only to bring in all the stuff from the first one right at the end in a rushed and unsatisfying way

Dev1lXYZ

Played the first one on Vita and finished it back when it was new. I bought the second one during a sale before the servers were shut down. It just always felt to me like they had a great concept of gameplay, but the execution just wasn’t all that fun to me. The second game felt like an expansion pack of the first game.

Larxia

I really love the atmosphere and aesthetic of this series, I would love to play them but I don't have a ps4. It's the only playstation exclusive I'm really interested in, but I don't see myself buying a ps4 just for this, so if there is one exclusive that I would be happy to see coming to PC, it would be this one.
And Gravity Rush 2 could actually really use some stronger hardware, I've seen that it sometimes quite struggle with level of details loading etc...

Tarkus98

I tried so hard to enjoy the first game on my Vita but I just could never get the core gaming mechanics down to the point that I could easily control her.
I tried the demo for the 2nd game on my PS4 and it was the same thing
I thought the art direction was incredible, Kat is adorable, the story is wonderfully laid out and the presentation is top notch. I just wish I could get the controls to click with me because I want so much to finish these games but I just don’t think it’s ever going to happen.
Anyway, happy birthday GR and for the games loyal fans I hope there is a 3rd game continuing this charming world and it’s beautiful characters.

lachesis

I tried so hard to enjoy the first game on my Vita but I just could never get the core gaming mechanics down to the point that I could easily control her.
I tried the demo for the 2nd game on my PS4 and it was the same thing
I thought the art direction was incredible, Kat is adorable, the story is wonderfully laid out and the presentation is top notch. I just wish I could get the controls to click with me because I want so much to finish these games but I just don’t think it’s ever going to happen.
Anyway, happy birthday GR and for the games loyal fans I hope there is a 3rd game continuing this charming world and it’s beautiful characters.

I feel the exactly the same. I wanted to like the game so much on the Vita - loved the art style and presentation, whole setting and all... but I just couldn't get the control to click with me. After failing so many times on a simple mid-game battle story mission - I just gave up.

I've been contemplating to play the original one more time - but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Miles708

An otherwise great game ruined by some appalling forced stealth sections.
I always read this complain everywhere and I'm always weirded by how i just breezed throught them mostly on first try.
Not to say I'm good at this game (I was good at games when i was younger, now I just moderately suck at everything), but I remember the path and the partols were pretty plainly highlighted in the level design, so I've always found this confusing.

I've also always loved Splinter Cell, so maybe that helped.

Heimdall_Xtreme

I feel the exactly the same. I wanted to like the game so much on the Vita - loved the art style and presentation, whole setting and all... but I just couldn't get the control to click with me. After failing so many times on a simple mid-game battle story mission - I just gave up.

I've been contemplating to play the original one more time - but haven't gotten around to it yet.

To be honest when i play the PS Vita version, well the control is a little difficult, but i invite all to play in PS4, The control is so smooth and perfect.

In Ps Vita take time to get the control, but in this version, the facial expressions of kat are beautiful, and you break the 4 wall

In PS4, The graphics are precious, 60 fps, smooth and easy control, but the facial expression are less.

RSB

Banned

Yeah, I mean there are Xbox 360 games from 13 years ago that still have matchmaking servers (even if nobody plays them anymore) yet for some reason Sony can't keep the GR2 servers running for more than 18 months (originally they planned to shut them down after only 12 months, but they postponed the closure due to the backlash)

The worst part is that I actually loved those treasure hunts (one of my favorite aspects of the game, TBH)

blackjon24

This theme right here is probably one of my favourite piece of music of this generation, even with the incredible soundtracks that year with games like nier automata and person 5, GR2 is a soundtrack I still remember fondly.

Stylistically gravity rush 2 is masterful. While I prefer the original game (well bluepoint's remaster of the original game) I'm still glad sony took a risk on it. I look forward to what the team does next

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Played the demo for the first one, never liked tbh.

And i heard mixed things about the second one.
I have both games but lost interest. OP's dedication to hist daughter-wife is something else.

Top Bottom