• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday Gravity rush 2

DonF

Loved both GR games. A breath of fresh air. I would've loved a little more polish though (the sliding is sometimes janky and the camera could've used some smoothing) but what we got was somewhat brilliant.

I loved the art and the super out there story. I can't remember 2s story very well but I recall the ending being kinda rushed?

I would buy part 3 in a heart beat.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Play them... how we can say no to this angel?
EOtxwLMUEAAJyLg

ENfDPvLVAAApCp9

EOlMJ0KUwAABTg6

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I gotta be honest. I beat and loved the original.. well Gravity Rush remaster on the PS4, not the original original. But I couldn't get through Gravity Rush 2. I found it overly big, and just monotonous and the missions I found incredibly annoying. It just didn't have the same fun and charm for me. So I stopped and never went back.

I may go back and give it another shot eventually though.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I gotta be honest. I beat and loved the original.. well Gravity Rush remaster on the PS4, not the original original. But I couldn't get through Gravity Rush 2. I found it overly big, and just monotonous and the missions I found incredibly annoying. It just didn't have the same fun and charm for me. So I stopped and never went back.

I may go back and give it another shot eventually though.

Yeah, take your time.... be patient, because i know the first part of the game could be a little heavy, but trust me... after Jirga Para Lhao scenario everything get better.

Phase

Not sure how far I am into the first game yet, but I just beat Alias. Combat is a little meh but my god the gravity mechanic is amazing. Music is great as well.

Picked up the second game to support this series. While I am taking my time to get through the first part of the game (just got the cover outfit), I am interested to see where the series goes.

Wonko_C

I cannot praise Kat character design enough but can we for sec appreciate its city design in Gravity Rush!

g6reqs6jmgzbtqblwud6.jpg
Gravity-Rush-2-PS4-Screenshot-07.jpg

hXTxU5m.jpg

latest

latest

latest
This is why I want a VR Gravity Rush... SOMETHING. Doesn't even need to be a new game, hell it doesn't even need to be a game at all. Just let me lose myself in those cities, walking around and taking in all the detail in true to life scale.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
It's games like this that separate Sony as a publisher from others. I don't think anyone else would have greenlighted such a unique game in both gameplay and art direction let alone a sequel after the poor sales of the first game.

I'm actually playing through GR2 right now, at around Chapter 6-7 or so.

Couldn't stand the 1st one due to the mandatory touch controls on the Vita so quit about 3/4 in.

GR2 graphics and art direction are seriously second to none, the vibrant and colorful cities are amazing to look at. Interacting with NPCs and doing greets is fun but most of the world is pretty empty other than the few sidequests and info markers. I still dislike the camera and the majority of the battle system (gravity kick always misses targets on the first try and the camera goes berserk when you miss)

Freefalling in the game is amazing though, the sense of falling through the sky to the lower, poor levels of the city give such a great sense of falling/speed, I don't think any other game has done something like this before.

TODAY GRAVITY RUSH TURNS 8 YEARS SINCE BEEN LAUNCHED.

EQTDCReUwAAE5na

Times fly so Fast!!!
8 years i found the game of my life...

I just recently made a thread about Sony's new PS4 paddle accessory, and I mentioned Gravity Rush 2 as an example of a game that I thought felt a lot better when using a controller with paddles. Seeing as you love these games so much, I was wondering did you ever play them with a modded controller or paddle add-on? It feels really good to have more control over the camera and character at the same time.

Last edited:
Great series! The only problem with either game are the tunnel bits which make the camera get really fucky, especially in the second one. Other than that, I have zero complains. Both are highly recommended and really make me wish Sony wasn't such a western company right now.

Larxia

Man, which kind of hookers and coke do I need to buy Jim Ryan to get him to port these games to PC?
I was going to mention this... Gravity Rush 1 and 2 are the playstation exclusives I want to see the most on PC, I really, really want to play them :messenger_frowning_
These and Spider-Man and I would have everything I want playstation wise on PC.

Gravity Rush is such a unique thing, unlike any others, I find it a real shame that it's stuck on ps4 and that everyone forgot about it... especially when Gravity Rush 2 could be even more glorious in 60fps.

Please come to PC.

Top Bottom