• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday Gravity Rush (PS VITA) 8 Years

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Gravity Rush celebrates its 8th anniversary today,
February 9th! Exactly 8 years ago the game was released in Japan on the PS Vita.

Again, I Praise this beautiful game in many ways.

Finally in 2019 i got a PS VITA to play it in the original form...

I have a lot of affection and love to this saga.

280937-gravity-rush-ps-vita-front-cover.jpg

It is the game that has connected with my loved ones, girlfriend and the people I love. But more for the positive form of the elements and the subjects that it handles, it does not need violence and with a beautiful soundtrack.

gravity_daze_conceptart_kYJjN.jpg

Thank you Keiichiro Toyama, you make the game that i will remember all my life... and in a future show to my futures sons.

maxresdefault.jpg

Kat a amazing protagonist and a gold heart heroine... The best one.

93f255981580b2a68399e7ca8182b92c.jpg

JDm7GO6.png

If the UNESCO Gaming exists... This should be keep as a Cultural Heritage of Humanity from the Gaming Industry Modern

๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿง๐Ÿฅž๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅฎ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿง๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚

Last edited:
No need for the criticism, Mr. Crypto-136 :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:
I didn't say it was a bad game. I enjoyed its unique world and it had a good sense of scale along with what I previously mentioned. I just never felt fully in control of Kat during combat. I missed my attacks half the time and thinking back to it I'm surprised I even managed to finish it at all.

It was one of the few games I played on my PS Vita before selling it along with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Dokuro and Unit 13. Gravity Rush definitely stood out among them though.

Heimdall_Xtreme

I didn't say it was a bad game. I enjoyed its unique world and it had a good sense of scale along with what I previously mentioned. I just never felt fully in control of Kat during combat. I missed my attacks half the time and thinking back to it I'm surprised I even managed to finish it at all.

It was one of the few games I played on my PS Vita before selling it along with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Dokuro and Unit 13. Gravity Rush definitely stood out among them though.

Gravity rush give a important legacy to the gaming industry modern. More important than any game of 2010 era. i suggest play it in ps4, ps vita the controls are ok, but certain moves are more hard to executed, in ps4 is more easy.

lol, just a passionated gamer of heart, since my 2 years old life i play videogames. Since atari 2600 i play videogames, so i have a lot of experience xD
lol, just a passionated gamer of heart, since my 2 years old life i play videogames. Since atari 2600 i play videogames, so i have a lot of experience xD
I can genuinely tell you love videogames :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

That makes the two of us! :messenger_heart:

Well, was in Medicine philosophy, but i give a class of Gaming Story, of course evolution and the advance tecnology... and i mention Gravity rush as a important legacy of the gaming culture =)
WAIT, WHAT!?!

I literally did an entire research study about the effects of videogame violence and its relation to aggression levels among adolescent boys. I presented GIFs of Mortal Kombat 1 during my introduction about the history of violent videogames and even depicted GTA V's Trevor Torture mission :D

Heimdall_Xtreme

WAIT, WHAT!?!

I literally did an entire research study about the effects of videogame violence and its relation to aggression levels among adolescent boys. I presented GIFs of Mortal Kombat 1 during my introduction about the history of violent videogames and even depicted GTA V's Trevor Torture mission :D
We're connected!!
:messenger_grinning_smiling:
The same in December I gave a talk at the hospital about addiction to video games, about stigma and that they have even contributed to creativity.

It was great, take out my inner nerd xD

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Gravity rush give a important legacy to the gaming industry modern. More important than any game of 2010 era. i suggest play it in ps4, ps vita the controls are ok, but certain moves are more hard to executed, in ps4 is more easy.

I asked this in your Gravity Rush 2 thread, but it probably makes more sense as a reply to this post. I just recently made a thread about Sony's new PS4 paddle accessory, and I mentioned Gravity Rush 2 as an example of a game that I thought felt a lot better when using a controller with paddles. Seeing as you love these games so much, I was wondering did you ever play them with a modded controller or paddle add-on? It feels really good to have more control over the camera and character at the same time.

Here's the accessory:

Aidah

I certainly do love and appreciate Gravity Rush, the first game specifically. The PS4 version of the first one is my top pick, it gained more appeal there.

Last edited:

Humdinger

It is a really enjoyable, charming game. I was surprised how much I liked it. I played it on the PS4 a few years ago. I did not enjoy the sequel nearly as much, in fact couldn't finish it because it just didn't hold the same appeal to me. But the original game was something very unique.

Gimmick game that lost it's appeal when it was pushed to console, only succeeded due to lack of quality game releases on the Vita otherwise if the Vita had even a 3rd of the library of the PSP it would be some niche game no one cared about. It's not bad but it's really not much to gawk at.

Wonko_C

Gimmick game that lost it's appeal when it was pushed to console, only succeeded due to lack of quality game releases on the Vita otherwise if the Vita had even a 3rd of the library of the PSP it would be some niche game no one cared about. It's not bad but it's really not much to gawk at.
I wish there were more gimmick games like that. Third person AAA over the shoulder cinematic action shooting rollercoasters with rpg elements don't do anything for me anymore. (Unless they're in VR like Blood and Thruth)

Third person AAA over the shoulder cinematic action shooting rollercoasters with rpg elements don't do anything for me anymore.

You do realize when you go to the store all those boxes on the shelf are games right? Not just the features COD ones at the front? This reminds me when COD was taking names the first time back when MW2 came out and people started pretending some medicore or trash Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube games were underrated and "refreshing" since "every game" on shelves was a COD clone. Then people would complain if a developer went under or stopped making a certain IP because no one brought it and it turned out to have been "amazing" and a must play.

Do you guys like explore or anything?

JSoup

Banned
I've had a digital copy of the Vita version for years and have yet to play it.
I should download it.

Wonko_C

You do realize when you go to the store all those boxes on the shelf are games right? Not just the features COD ones at the front? This reminds me when COD was taking names the first time back when MW2 came out and people started pretending some medicore or trash Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube games were underrated and "refreshing" since "every game" on shelves was a COD clone. Then people would complain if a developer went under or stopped making a certain IP because no one brought it and it turned out to have been "amazing" and a must play.

Do you guys like explore or anything?
I explore, that is how I find hidden gems such as Gravity Rush.

Last edited:

Psajdak

Banned
I will never accept that Danjin44 is just some guy, but rather that blonde girl protagonist posting on Reddit.

Haven't played the game, though.

MilkLizard

Oh yeah I remember playing this on my Vita. It was a great launch(?) title but it had no chance next to Uncharted for me. Never tried the sequel though, is it good? Still worth it?

I explore, that is how I find hidden gems such as Gravity Rush.

You would of course dodge the point and try moving the goal posts, you never explored, otherwise you wouldn't say you were tired of TPS games over and over. Because apparently you thought that's mostly all that was available.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Oh yeah I remember playing this on my Vita. It was a great launch(?) title but it had no chance next to Uncharted for me. Never tried the sequel though, is it good? Still worth it?

Is AMAZING , Their graphics are such beautiful... can be comparaded in quality and compite with Mario Galaxy easily.

To be honest in terms of quality.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

You would of course dodge the point and try moving the goal posts, you never explored, otherwise you wouldn't say you were tired of TPS games over and over. Because apparently you thought that's mostly all that was available.
Me being tired of most western AAA stuff does't mean I don't explore. I play lots of indie games, quirky japanese games, VR games and retro games because most mainstream gaming stuff doesn't do it for me anymore.

I'm open to suggestions, though.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

Happy American Birthday.

GR is tied with Persona 4 for my favorite game on the Vita. I'm on the third chapter of GR2 now and I'm really enjoying it. It's games this that make me grateful to have video gaming as a hobby.

Mokus

Happy birthday! Great game overall, the controls were sometimes annoying (from what I remember). I think I also got the platinum for this game.

Mr Hyde

Happy birthday! Played the remaster on PS4 and loved it. Platinumed it too. Kat is a great protagonist. Lovely design and charming. I haven't played the second one yet, but I'm planning too.

sublimit

Banned
One of the most beautiful and unique games this gen. I remember the first time i played it on my OLED Vita my jaw dropped. I loved exploring the beautiful environments and the gameplay was fun in general but i hated the chapter where Kat looses her powers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom